Cell phone question for men.

msolga

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 02:40 am
@Rockhead,
Yes!

The possibilities are enormous! Smile

But you know what? .... I'll bet you some people will actually do this!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 02:40 am
@msolga,
That's interesting, since my hearing is so weak I don't hear it ring, and count on feeling it vibrate. Wonder what happens to the tattoo when technology moves along to something else.
msolga

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 02:41 am
@farmerman,
It pulsates too!

Shocked
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 02:45 am
@roger,
Quote:
That's interesting, since my hearing is so weak I don't hear it ring, and count on feeling it vibrate.

Seriously considering, Roger? Smile
roger

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 03:32 am
@msolga,
Of course not! My phone is for me to make calls to others. Somebody wants to call me, that's their problem, isn't it?
msolga

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 03:34 am
@roger,
Very wise.
Let them get vibrating tattoos! Wink
roger

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 03:45 am
@msolga,
Exactly. Other people don't bother me; I bother other people.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 06:26 am
@roger,
roger wrote:
How do you carry the damn thing without losing it?
I had several near loses with the last one with both pocket and carrying case.
Ultimately, it's gone and replaced.
Right jacket hip pocket; perfectly safe,
after several losses from fone holsters.

David
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 07:45 am
@roger,
I forgot to mention, Roger, that I bought the rubberized cover for my iPhone, just like the one I had on my Blackberry.
Yes, it makes it difficult to get out of my pocket, it also makes it difficult (but not impossible) for it to fall out.
 http://www.be-mine.info/wp-content/uploads/Speck-PixelSkin-iPhone4-case.jpg

Joe(grips your pocket like a radial tire grips the road)Nation
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 07:47 am
The iphone (which I know you don't have roger, neither do I) has apps that helps you find your lost phone, determine it's location, etc.

If lost you access an online account that tells you where it is, makes it ring, locks it, etc.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 11:16 am
@roger,
Get a carrying case in tactical black.

That's what I did, and it stopped sliding out of my pocket, because the edges are rubber and grippy.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 11:31 am
@DrewDad,
roger needs to let me know if he wants the case today, because I'm leaving tomorrow for the Dalmatian Coast (cruise) for 16-days.
roger

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 12:03 pm
@chai2,
I'm not sure if I was able to lock it or not. It was a prepaid Tracphone, and at least I was able to transfer the prepaid airtime to the replacement. By the way, the phone LG 220C costs much less than the airtime I was able to recover.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 12:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sorry C.I. I didn't understand you were considering sending it. I guess not, since the shipping cost and especially whatever is involved in sending it would likely be more that the cost. I've about decided on a tacky sheath for pocket carry. Thanks a bunch, though.

Have a good trip.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 01:14 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
The iphone (which I know you don't have roger, neither do I) has apps that helps you find your lost phone, determine it's location, etc.

If lost you access an online account that tells you where it is, makes it ring, locks it, etc.
1 guy found mine (fallen from a fone holster) called a friend and held it for ransom.
I gave him $5O; it was worth it.

David
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 04:38 pm
Thanks to everyone.

MJ, our local Dollar Tree seemed to have one employee for the whole store and she was swamped at the cash register. I couldn't find a thing.

Jo, great idea. I would never wear anything around the neck, but might have made it work for pocket carry.

Joe, the Pixel Skin looked ideal, but the web site has a Live Chat service (great idea, by the way) and they have nothing that would fit my phone.

Anyway, the concensus seems that on the belt carry is subject to loss, and I would hate to have someone think I was reaching for my Skittles. I finally ran down a gel skin case without belt attachment that looks like it might be similar to the PixelSkin case that fits my phone. $8.99 and no shipping charge. Thanks all for a productive discussion.

Okay, problem solved. Now, each and every one of us is no longer expected to hew strictly to the topic line.
Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 04:59 pm
When my job obliged me to carry a cell phone, i went through the process i went through years ago with my key ring. I can't leave the house without checking for my key ring--i check before i go out the door, i check just before i close the door, which will lock it, i check as i walk down the porch steps, i check obsessively. I did the same thing with my phone, i became obsessive about assuring myself that i had my phone in my possession.

If i didn't do things like that, not only would i lock myself out of the house and lose my phone, i'd probably forget to put pants on before i left the house, and lose the jeep the first time i parked it.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 05:01 pm
@roger,
It was fun, glad you've gotten/are getting a thingy that makes sense for you.

I learned something today. I thought Skittles were some kind of chips, but they seem to be some candy stuff (thanks to the Jon Stewart show I know this now).

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 06:04 pm
roger, the Dollar Trees around here seem to have sort of loose product areas--foodstuffs, kitchenware,a shampoo and soap and such area, a kids toys area, a pet products area, and so on. they also have what might loosely be called an electric/electronics area, with lightbulbs, flashlights, booklights, CD cases, earbuds for ipods, ipod cases, and stuff like that. Look there.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 06:23 pm
@MontereyJack,
While we are on the subject of dollar stores, it's also a good place to buy those large mailing envelopes. You can get six for $1, and stationery and drug stores sell those for over $3.
0 Replies