Cell phone question for men.

roger

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 05:49 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you for your input.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 05:51 pm
@roger,
hamburgboy is the king of fisherman- type vests - I like to "borrow" one every decade or so - he knows from pockets
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 05:51 pm
@roger,
To be honest, most of the time I leave my phone in the car. I really hate carrying it around, get tired of it. I always figure if someone calls they will just have to wait until I get around to calling them back.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 05:53 pm
@jcboy,
I try not to leave anything in the car that some dirtbag might think was worth breaking my window for...

this would not include my phone, which any modern teenager would not bother to pick up off the street.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 06:07 pm
@jcboy,
The leave it in the car option is beginning to have appeal. Being in South Florida, you should know if heat buildup is an issue.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 06:14 pm
I tried it in my pants pocket, then in a clip-on holster - It got dropped and banged up constantly. Now I simply slip it into my shirt pocket and I have lots less problem. I have only dropped it twice since I got the current model. I need it with me, because I am on call away from work and on the job they constantly call me on it, even though I carry a radio there. They get upset if I don't respond quickly enough.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 06:17 pm
@roger,
I've been leaving my cellphone in the car for many years, and never had a problem with "heating."
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 06:20 pm
I leave mine in the car everyday while at work, and its hot here in Florida, haven’t had a problem with it so far.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 06:43 pm
Here you go, roger

http://www.jaminleather.com/Assets/ProductImages/AC504CEL_1498.JPG
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 06:50 pm
My guess is that you guys wear slacks or something, as I've never had a single problem with phones falling out of jeans - but it occasionally does happen with slacks.

Cycloptichorn
sozobe

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 06:54 pm
Roger! Go buy some skinny jeans, stat!

http://fashionfeen.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/dsc_01251.jpg
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:15 pm
@sozobe,
Those look actually pretty nice...
roger

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:40 pm
@CalamityJane,
Actually, it looks like the model should be wearing two different colored tennies to complete the picture.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:57 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

That's an even better story.

It's an amazing story.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 08:00 pm
Last November I finally got a smartphone, and I hate it--damned virtual keyboard is too small for my fingers, and I have to type a URL five or six times before I finally get all the letters typed right. HOWEVER, the good news is I went to my local dollar store and they had four or five different kinds of little "camera" bags, one style of which fit perfectly--a little bit of foam, not too much, to cushion it and protect the screen, some sort of non-slippy synthetic fabric cover, a nylon webbing strap in the back so you could carry it on your belt if you wanted to which doesn't dig into your leg like the metal clips do if you carry it in your pocket, a velcro flap, and best of all it's shaped so that the case has a slight curve on it, so it conforms to your thigh if you carry it in your front pocket, which I do. Now the damned thing lives much better than it deserves. And it only cost me a buck. Well, $1.06 with tax. Dollar stores have come a long way. Look for a Dollar Tree one if your area has them.
roger

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 08:15 pm
@MontereyJack,
Camera bag, eh? We do have Dollar Tree, and I will check them out tomorrow. Sometimes these dollar stores have people who know what you are talking about, sometimes not. I'm sure mine is much smaller than any smart phone, but I'll see if they have anyone to talk to. It does sound like you've covered every problem I've run into.

On the URL entry, I discovered while entering contacts that there is a backspace key on every entry screen, and my phone is dumber than a lug nut. You might experiment on that next time you're fooling around with it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 08:19 pm
@roger,
What's the measurement of your cellphone?
roger

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 08:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
3 1/2 X 1 3/4 X 3/4 closed. With case, incuding belt clip it's 4 1/2 X 2 X 1 3/4. In the pocket with case would be pretty secure, but would be an enormous lump.
Mame

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 09:22 pm
@roger,
Hey, you spurning my duct tape idea? What kinda north american are ya?
roger

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 09:31 pm
@Mame,
Obviously, not far enough north.