The vote for a president: How do you vote?

Ethel2

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 02:14 pm
yes, c.i., as we have now.....except of course that it's at least questionable if GW won any part of the election.............(please folks let's not start on this).

As I see it, the way things work is the opposite from the answer provided by Charlie Wilson. What is good for the country, truly good long term for the country, which in my opinion is what's good for the poor and the middle class, is good for me. If we have economic disaster, as we will if GW gets reelected, it will be as bad for the upper 1% as it will be for the rest.

Here's a funny aside, admitting my ignorance.........I thought that GM line was from Catch 22......funny funny Embarrassed
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 02:15 pm
Thanks for your totally irrational and irrelevant answer kj. I was wondering when we'd hear from someone who just totally bypasses thinking in the voting process.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 02:15 pm
kjv must be a republican - I would guess.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 02:19 pm
Roverroad should also read the primer on the electoral college. When you pull the lever, put an "X" or whatever for your presidential preference, you are not voting for that candidate but for the electors pledged to vote for him.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 02:34 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
kjv must be a republican - I would guess.

Perhaps, although I suspect this individual is here to yank everyone's chain. No one could possibly be that incongruous. Wink
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 02:55 pm
oh, kjv is a lot of fun. She/he is now bringing the full weight of her or his intelligence and learning to the complex matters at hand. And, we'll note, has apparently figured out how to use spellcheck.
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 03:12 pm
blatham wrote:
oh, kjv is a lot of fun. She/he is now bringing the full weight of her or his intelligence and learning to the complex matters at hand. And, we'll note, has apparently figured out how to use spellcheck.
I use it when I wana use it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 03:14 pm
Intelligence and learning or spellcheck?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 03:57 pm
caprice wrote:
...I suspect this individual is here to yank everyone's chain.

Precisely, caprice. And I don't like it one bit. Some may find it amusing, but I find it very irritating. If she cannot learn to get along, I suggest she find a different internet forum.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 03:59 pm
There is a chance she is just that stupid though.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 04:01 pm
I agree with Kicky.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 05:02 pm
Eva wrote:
caprice wrote:

Precisely, caprice. And I don't like it one bit. Some may find it amusing, but I find it very irritating. If she cannot learn to get along, I suggest she find a different internet forum.

Who's to say this person is even a she? It's just the inflammatory nature of this poster's comments that make me question whether there is any sincerity there or not. It's my opinion this person is here merely to ruffle feathers and be as antagonistic as possible. The sort of behaviour typical of a bored junior high school boy comes to mind.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:03 pm
Quick turn on 60 minutes right NOW!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:05 pm
Joe are you talking about the religion and politics piece they're doing?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:39 pm
Note that the 60 Minutes narrative described the Christian Right as, now, the most powerful block in the Republican Party. That, I believe, is the correct analysis.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:41 pm
Yup. Read Bruce Bawer's Stealing Jesus.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:51 pm
kjvtrue

I've been on your case here of late because of posts such as the one on the previous page.

What is it that you are trying to accomplish? It doesn't seem to be discussion, or exchange of ideas, or even any real effort to speak with anyone. The post I refer to (republican, republican, republican...) might just as profitably have been voiced by a tape machine to a train passing in the distance.

You have ideas. You ought to get braver and voice them, along with the reasons you hold them. Folks will argue with you, but that's part of living in a democratic community. And though you'll be argued with and contested, if you set about this with courage and carefulness, you'll gain the respect of those present. Otherwise, it will only be disdain which comes back to you.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:51 pm
caprice wrote:
Eva wrote:
caprice wrote:

Who's to say this person is even a she? It's just the inflammatory nature of this poster's comments that make me question whether there is any sincerity there or not. It's my opinion this person is here merely to ruffle feathers and be as antagonistic as possible. The sort of behaviour typical of a bored junior high school boy comes to mind.

I assumed that kjv is a she because she asked a question about her period on my PMS thread and there's her breast thread. I honestly don't think it's a prank at all. I can see how you'd think that though.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 07:04 pm
I read those posts too Montana, but it wasn't enough to entirely convince me.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 07:07 pm
You may be right Caprice, which would explain a lot ;-)
0 Replies