19
   

IS RUSH A CONSERVATIVE?? WHAT DOES HE CONSERVE?

 
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  3  
Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 07:05 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
factually correct?

like when he called that girl a slut...
That word is not in my vocabulary.
If it were, it 'd imply that I disapprove of excessive sexual activity,
which is not the case. That CONCEPT is not in my vocabulary.





David
0 Replies
 
Thomas
 
  3  
Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 07:22 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Well, if its a good strike, then yes; we might need
more than 1 strike; possibly an infantry raid.

True libertarians would oppose such a war of aggression by the United States. Maybe Rush Limbaugh and yourself aren't as different as you think.

OmSigDavid wrote:
I 'm very relieved to be rid of Saddam.
He was a homicidal maniac, with a grudge against us, for Kuwait.

If the objective is to get rid of homicidal maniacs, maybe America shouldn't have supported Saddam Hussein while he was massacring Kurds. But at the time, I suppose, it seemed like a good idea because a fire needed to be put out in Iran. Maybe American wars are less effective than you think at "putting fires out". But then, I never understood how America's conservatives and libertarians simultaneously believe that the US government can't be trusted to run America's own post office, and that it can be trusted to run the rest of the world.
OmSigDAVID
 
  2  
Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 08:06 am
@Thomas,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Well, if its a good strike, then yes; we might need
more than 1 strike; possibly an infantry raid.
Thomas wrote:
True libertarians would oppose such a war of aggression by the United States.
Yes, u may well be right, Tom, qua a goodly proportion of them.
( Thay r a heterogeneous n disparate bunch. )
Additionally, their written doctrine will probably support your assertion
(as does Ron Paul), but I must be guided by my own Individual vu.
I gotta be me.
I see it as self defense, instead of waiting to inflict vengeance,
after it is too late, like 9/11/1.
I will not march in lock step with anyone with whom I disagree.
I rejected my father 's support of Roosevelt n Truman.


Thomas wrote:
Maybe Rush Limbaugh and yourself aren't as different as you think.
I said that I agree with about 6O% to 7O% of what I 've heard from him.
I dunno what his position is qua bombing the Persians.



OmSigDavid wrote:
I 'm very relieved to be rid of Saddam.
He was a homicidal maniac, with a grudge against us, for Kuwait.
Thomas wrote:
If the objective is to get rid of homicidal maniacs,
maybe America shouldn't have supported Saddam Hussein
while he was massacring Kurds. But at the time, I suppose,
it seemed like a good idea because a fire needed to be put out in Iran.
Yeah, well we gotta prioritize.


Thomas wrote:
Maybe American wars are less effective than you think at "putting fires out".
We can only do our best.



Thomas wrote:
But then, I never understood how America's conservatives and libertarians simultaneously believe that the US government can't be trusted to run America's own post office, and that it can be trusted to run the rest of the world.
We need to promote our interests around the world,
including those of self defense.





David
parados
 
  2  
Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 08:41 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
We need to promote our interests around the world,
including those of self defense.

Thomas' point was you don't trust the government to protect your interests here, why would you trust them to protect your interests anywhere else?
OmSigDAVID
 
  3  
Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 09:09 am
@parados,
DAVID wrote:
We need to promote our interests around the world,
including those of self defense.
parados wrote:
Thomas' point was you don't trust the government to protect your interests here,
why would you trust them to protect your interests anywhere else?
WHAT makes u think that I TRUST someone??

I don 't trust anyone.
I never claimed to trust anyone.





David
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 09:52 am
@OmSigDAVID,
David you might like to know that Iran had nothing to do with 9/11. If you unite the Moslem world against America expect lots more 9/11s, your idea that you can take out Iran is ridiculous. All you will do is make the world a far more dangerous place for Americans, and unfortunately those of us in Europe as well. Remember what Churchill said, 'Jaw jaw is better than war war.
RABEL222
 
  2  
Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 11:38 am
@izzythepush,
Have you noticed that the ones who are too old to fight in wars are the ones most in favor of them?
InfraBlue
 
  0  
Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 11:53 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Quote:
InfraBlue wrote:
Their hatred stems from something much more recent.
We tried to conquer them first.

Quote:
Specify when n where, please ?

David

When we overthrew their government and installed a son-of-a bitch of ours, the Shah.

Subsequently, Israel helped the SOB opress his own people.

Quote:
Quote:
I like to keep an open mind.
I don 't oppose dialog,
but let 's put out the fire first.



I don 't wanna bet my life on those opinions.
We need to do the job sooner or later.
We might as well get it done.

David


Instead of ignoring our transgressions and escalating the animosity and confrontation with them by replacing it with paranoid myopia, we should own up to our wrongdoing, redress it and continue from there.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 12:17 pm
@RABEL222,
Exactly, and they don't have children in the military either.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 02:00 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

Quote:
InfraBlue wrote:
Their hatred stems from something much more recent.
We tried to conquer them first.

Quote:
Specify when n where, please ?

David

When we overthrew their government and installed a son-of-a bitch of ours, the Shah.

Subsequently, Israel helped the SOB opress his own people.

Quote:
Quote:
I like to keep an open mind.
I don 't oppose dialog,
but let 's put out the fire first.



I don 't wanna bet my life on those opinions.
We need to do the job sooner or later.
We might as well get it done.

David


Instead of ignoring our transgressions and escalating the animosity and confrontation with them by replacing it with paranoid myopia, we should own up to our wrongdoing, redress it and continue from there.
We can talk about anything we feel like talking about,
as long as we completely destroy their nuclear development facilities FIRST.





David
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  4  
Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 02:20 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Exactly, and they don't have children in the military either.
EVERYONE in the Army and the Marines
is in there because he WANTS to be in there.
We 've had no military conscription in this century.
As I remember, that ended about 5O years ago.

The vast majority of current military personnel joined up IN ACTIVE WARTIME.
Thay did not expect them to stop the war
because thay had joined, and just let them
sit around n get paid until their enlistments expired.

Thay all knew when thay joined that we actively USE the military.





David
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 02:28 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
It still doesn't mean they won't be missed when they die. They volunteered to join the military, they didn't volunteer to be sacrificed in an unnecessary war.

.
OmSigDAVID
 
  3  
Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 02:31 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
It still doesn't mean they won't be missed when they die.
They volunteered to join the military, they didn't volunteer
to be sacrificed in an unnecessary war.
Thay volunteered to FIGHT.
Thay knew and know that fighting is dangerous.

Preventing our ports, like mine, from getting nuked is NOT "unnecessary war" as u put it.
A lot of us resent the fact of Roosevelt 's failure
to defend Pearl Harbor n don 't wanna repeat that.





David
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 02:38 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Iran doesn't want to start nuking American ports. It would be suicide. An invasion of Iran will make a terrorist attack on the West more likely.
OmSigDAVID
 
  3  
Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 03:03 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Iran doesn't want to start nuking American ports.
Will u forgive me if I don' t bet my LIFE on that ?


izzythepush wrote:
It would be suicide.
U mean like 9/11????????



izzythepush wrote:
An invasion of Iran will make a terrorist attack on the West more likely.
Evidence qua the odds ??
RABEL222
 
  0  
Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 03:26 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
They joined the military to protect the United State citizens. Not Iran, Isralie, Saudi, or any foriegn citizens around the world. If ATT and BP and Chitaqua want protection let them pay for it not the U.S. citizens.
OmSigDAVID
 
  3  
Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 03:32 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
They joined the military to protect the United State citizens.
New Yorkers r US citizens. We r now and we were on 9/11/1.



RABEL222 wrote:
Not Iran, Isralie, Saudi, or any foriegn citizens around the world. If ATT and BP and Chitaqua want protection let them pay for it not the U.S. citizens.
Thay have their own defenses.
revelette
 
  0  
Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 10:54 am
Speaking of Rush, he is in favor of Joseph Kony and accused Obama last year of targeting Christians.

Obama Invades Uganda, Targets Christians

Quote:
RUSH: President Obama has deployed troops to another war, in Africa, ladies and gentlemen. Jacob Tapper, ABC News, is reporting that Obama has sent 100 US troops to Uganda to help combat Lord's Resistance Army. Tapper reporting today: "Two days ago President Obama authorized the deployment to Uganda of approximately 100 combat-equipped U.S. forces to help regional forces 'remove from the battlefield' -- meaning capture or kill -- Lord’s Resistance Army leader Joseph Kony and senior leaders of the LRA." I wonder how the Wall Street crowd is gonna react when they find out that Obama has sent troops to another war? "Mr. Limbaugh, it's just 100 peacekeepers." Yep, yep, yep, that's how Libya started, and, by the way, there's no end in sight for Libya.



Lord’s Resistance Army leader Joseph Kony
Deliver Us from Joseph Kony
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  3  
Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 11:28 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You're quite happy to bet other people's lives on the ridiculous notion the world will be made safer by invading Iran. It won't, it will be made less safer, less safer for Americans, less safer for New Yorkers. It's the wrong call to make. Iran is losing influence hand over fist, let it run out of steam, don't lend the clerics credibility.
ehBeth
 
  3  
Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 11:49 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
izzythepush wrote:
An invasion of Iran will make a terrorist attack on the West more likely.
Evidence qua the odds ??



100% if the U.S. takes military action against Iran

less if the U.S. determines (finally) a more sensible approach

~~~

you definitely want to get away from New York if your recommendation of military action by the West against Iran is followed
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 01/25/2022 at 08:01:36