Write to the American Catholic Bishops...

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 09:20 pm
Write to the American Catholic Bishops, even if you are not Catholic, and demand the following:
• That for the remaining Sundays in Lent the subject of all sermons shall be "The Use of Any Form of Birth Control by Any Member of this Parish is Strictly Forbidden Under Pain of Mortal Sin."
• That the priests of this Parish shall not convey The Act of Absolution for the Confession of Such Sin until the Confessor has abstained from the practice and use of Birth Control for a minimum of Three Months.
• That during the time of abstention the Confessor shall not be given Holy Communion, Extreme Unction nor be allowed to participate in any ceremony of Marriage, Baptism or Burial.
•That any person, male or female, who professes to be a homosexual shall be denied the rights to any of the Sacraments and may be publicly rebuked should they attempt to participate in any of the Church rituals or liturgy.
• That any person, male or female, who is part of an interpersonal relationship in which sexual relations occur, but are not part of a Roman Catholic Consecrated Marriage shall not be allowed to participate in any of the Church's rituals or liturgy.

• Any Cardinal, Archbishop or Bishop who does not publicly demand that his priests follow the above strictures to the letter shall be picketed outside of his church and residence and rebuked at will during any appearance at Holy Mass until such time as he shall conform.

• The Catholic Church, its charities, industries and agencies shall not from the day after Easter of this year, 2012 accept a single penny of State or Federal funding for any reason until the end of times.

~~Print this out.
Mail it to your local Bishop and all of your nearby Television Stations.

Joe(discuss: What do you think would happen?)Nation

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 10:40 pm
What shall I say? It doesn't have a prayer's chance in hell? After all, they get their direction from god.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 10:52 pm
Joe - what are you trying to do, create a mass exodus from The Church?

Oh, wait, that has already happened.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 05:41 am
@PUNKEY,
I think they should follow their own rules and preserve their religious independence.

Where's Spendius when I need him?

Joe(or her, Spendi could be a her)Nation
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 06:55 am
@Joe Nation,
Quote:

Joe(discuss: What do you think would happen?)Nation

Absolutely nothing. Nothing but wasted paper ... and a little money would go to the USPS who desperately need our support. But that's about it.

Even as a hypothetical experiment, the Church is far too shrewd to fall for this baiting. They would never shoot themselves in their foot despite that this ultimatum is their underlying target dogma and their biggest wet dream as an institution (with exception to the last clause in the manifesto).
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 08:59 am
Okay...so don't write, call.

It's all based on actual Catholic theology.

Joe(eight years of study of it)Nation
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 09:26 am
The Catholic Church is sacrament driven. There are seven. One sacrament, marriage, can be "backed out" by annulment. You just have to go in front of a bunch of dried up old never-married, probably never-laid men and plead your case that the marriage was flawed from the beginning. And then - depending if you are Lee Iacco (sp?) or not - you get the marriaged annuled (like it never happened)

It was just a few years ago that girls could be altar servers. The church moves very slowly.

And the American church is quite different from what's in Rome. Catholic women are some of the strongest willed I've seen. Most don't pay any attention to the Church on birth control. They are adament about abortion, but then again, so are the Buddhists.

spendius

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 09:27 am
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
Spendi could be a her

Don't apply for a job sexing day old chicks Joe.

I agree with the contents of the letter. I would have added no wanking. Not everybody takes mortal sin as seriously as you seem to be doing.

As none of the activities mentioned can be policed the only point is to eliminate the public avowal of them as is explicitly stated in the homosexual case.

The Church is not concerned with ratings or with being popular. That stuff, to my infinite regret, is left to the advertising industry, snake charmers, voodoo witch doctors and others of that ilk.

The Church is not offering temptation to the animal carnalities. If the churches do empty it will be a sign of where the population are up to on that score. Seeing it as a victory for the Church's enemies is the same as seeing it as a victory for the unhindered exercise of the animal carnalities and two fingers up to the Seven Deadly Sins.

And who wants a victory for those things more than the advertising industry and those who live off its revenues? Leaving aside each individual animal carnality.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 09:29 am
@Joe Nation,
You're complaining because the church is sanctimonious and hypocritical? But turning a blind eye on their own reflection is about all they've got going for them these days.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 09:54 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:
Write to the American Catholic Bishops, even if you are not Catholic, and demand the following:
For WHAT purpose?? With what goal???

If I succeed, what good will it have done me??

David
ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 10:51 am
@Joe Nation,
I didn't respond yesterday since I couldn't work up the right tone, still having some anger left after all this time, though not that much relative to when I left. I'm proud to say I got a D in theology at Mount St. Mary's, my first college. A+ in logic, though. I must have said something heretical in my theology blue book.

I'll only say that this brings up memories of Sister Mary Anthony telling us in Religion class that enjoying sex in marriage is a sin. Of course I know now how off the track she was, even for fifties' catholicism, but our class of fifteen year old girls didn't know that then.
spendius

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 10:53 am
@OmSigDAVID,
None at all I should imagine Dave.

But you ought to know that it is extremely doubtful that you could entertain such personal indulgencies if everyone took the same position.

What good did posting that do you?
spendius

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 11:54 am
@ossobuco,
Did Sister Mary Anthony have in mind ladies enjoying sex in marriage on all occasions. The corollary of the position that she required her bumps feeling by a caring counsellor is that ladies should not have sex unless they are enjoying it.

Sex in marriage has a range of possibilities. And it depends how the word "sex" is defined. Sex in marriage occurs, it is said with decreasing frequency over time, on a fairly large number of occasions during the course of a Catholic marriage, which is what Sister Mary was presumably referring to as opposed to the number of variations available to non-Catholics. It would be unreasonable to expect her to be referring to anything else.

What the dear, devout nun said on this matter seems to have been one of the things you remember after all this time. But she is faced with the alternative--not being devout. Now osso--not being devout is a rather open ended situation. Do you draw any lines in the sand on not being devout?

Would the parents who sent you to the school expect the nuns to advise their innocent and fragile little charges on aspects of not being devout?

How you got an A+ in logic is inexplicable if you cannot consider Sister Mary's alternative.

I have been told by a number of ladies that it being a sin adds significantly to the enjoyment.
spendius

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 12:05 pm
@spendius,
I shudder to think of the state of things if ever rumpy-pumpy is not naughty.

Even chocolate box manufactures and scent purveyors are aware of the value of hints of naughtiness. Black Magic for example. Channel No 5.
spendius

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 12:12 pm
@spendius,
The Californian Scents Xtreme range consists of

Xtreme Arctic Ice, Xtreme Hurricane Breeze, Xtreme Lightening Linen, Xtreme Twisted Berry and Xtreme Volcanic Cherry.

PS--The last two are sold out.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 12:20 pm
@spendius,
Xtreme Twisted Berry sounds like something Emma Freud would use.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 12:46 pm
Well Joe, this would certainly separate the wheat from the chaff.

chai(it'll be really easy to get a good seat in church now)tea
spendius

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 01:09 pm
@chai2,
On the argument I presented chai one might expect standing room only or a giant video screen in the park for those who couldn't be squeezed in.

Without the naughtiness (sin, wrong etc) rumpy pumpy might be much like blowing the nose. Just another chore to get done.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 01:53 pm
Ah....all the breaths of fresh air are here.

I'd stay and talk but I have to work.

I'll just say this: If the Church were to actually live up to its proclaimed stance on birth control, all the churches would be empty by Easter.

Joe(the frightened old men won't push it)Nation
spendius

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 02:22 pm
@Joe Nation,
The Church is constrained by being unable to explain why it maintains its position on birth control.

Just as Socrates was condemned for "corrupting the youth". Had it been explained why he corrupted the youth all the youth would have been corrupted.

What is the real reason for birth control? That reason is unaffected by all the churches being emptied by Easter. Which they won't be anyway so the idea is a mere indulgent affectation betraying a degree of wishful thinking.

The Pythagoreans were persecuted by chasing them out. To explain why they were chased out would have brought their thinking into prominence.
0 Replies