Why don't married females like the single woman?

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 12:05 pm
There's a married man who joined a singing group I'm on at church back in September .He's very friendly that's his personality.We all know that he is married Now I am single so I don't talk to him unless we are all in group .
When he and his wife first came she smiled a few times but lately u notice when she looks at me she is very serious .It is me and me only she's not like that with everyone .I tried cracking a silent at her but she just looks like either unhappy or mad or no smile not sure how to say it .I saw her look at me wanted to say hi but I was too scared because how she looked .Another time I passed by her u looked u was going smile but she just looked and turned away
I did nothing to get at all

jespah

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 12:30 pm
@lisa1471,
You're overthinking this.

And stop being afraid of a look. It's highly unlikely to be about you.

Stick out your hand to shake hers and introduce yourself. Say something nice, like 'that's a pretty dress' or 'I've heard you singing in our choir and your voice is lovely'. I'm sure you can think of something or other.
0 Replies

lisa1471

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 01:00 pm
@lisa1471,
Um yes it is it's been going on for a while..i I wouldn't make a fuss if it wasn't me.she only does it to me.i look at her to say hi she act as if I did something.im around it I should know
izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 02:58 pm
@lisa1471,
lisa1471 wrote:

.I tried cracking a silent at her

Take it from me, farting's not the best form of communication.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 07:31 pm
@lisa1471,
Say hi anyway. Be the bigger person.
Linkat

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2019 06:44 am
@jespah,
Quote:
Say hi anyway. Be the bigger person.

I agree - there is also no way for you to know why she acts this way. You are all in the same group singing in church, you should be able to be civil and kind to one another. Maybe she thinks - this woman (meaning you) does not seem friendly at all she won't say hi to me. Or maybe it is something else or maybe nothing at all.

Say Hi - pretend you never ever saw a "look". And be overly kind. I tell my kids you don't have to like everyone, but you need to be kind to everyone. Just be kind, polite and friendly.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2021 06:13 pm
@lisa1471,
Perhaps if you put on heaps of weight and eat so many chocolates that your face is covered with hickies, and look less attractive, she might not see you, who are in the same singing group with her husband, as a threat to her marriage and become more friendly toward you.
0 Replies