Is Fido a troll?

Procrustes

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 01:28 am
@msolga,
You can say that again. When is this cool change coming?
msolga

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 01:32 am
@Procrustes,
Monday? Neutral
Procrustes

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 01:39 am
@msolga,
Sucks. At least I go back to work on Monday. It'd be tough working on a day like today.
msolga

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 03:14 am
@Procrustes,
I think Monday mightn't be quite the last of it, Procrustes.

Sometime during Monday, I think the bureau said.

Sorry.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 05:48 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

I think this kind of thread sucks.

Get a life?!

I don't like threads like this unless they're tongue in cheek, like Chai's on Setanta. If you don't like someone use the ignore button.

I became very disillusioned with Fido when he called me an idiot. Imagine that, me, an idiot. How could anyone say such a thing?
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 08:09 am
I think Fido is extremely acute, as evidenced by this post he made in Ms Vishous' "Mark my philosophy essay" thread. Note the stylish use of multiple question marks, a sign of a true intellectual.

Quote:
Why Mills... Isn't he old news???

Not many people know about the British philosopher and film star Lewis Ernest Watts ("John") Mills, father of Hayley Mills, and grandfather of Crispian Mills of Kula Shaker

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a8/John_Mills.jpg/200px-John_Mills.jpg

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 11:19 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Do not ******* call the Bunny hun.

God you're an asshole. Why don't you try posting when you're sober for once . . . just for shits and giggles . . .
Fido

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 12:29 pm
@MrsVISHOUS2012,
MrsVISHOUS2012 wrote:

nice not nice, insulting then you're giving advice...Fido i think you are a troll Wink I wasn't running myself down, just stating a point. i said it with a smile Smile hehehehehe did you read my essay?
A long time ago, a white guy captured by the Iroquois and later adopted in had the experience of running a gauntlet, which was a double row of people all waiting to take a shot at him... When he woke up, he asked his captor what that was all about, and the guy told him: don't worry about that... It is just our way of saying how'dya do???
Sorry I gave you a hard time... How do ya do???
ossobuco

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 12:43 pm
@Setanta,
You presume too much. Some of us, perhaps many of us, do not like to be called hun by every Tom, Dick, and Henrietta. Maybe I'm wrong and Dlowan just loves it.
MrsVISHOUS2012

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 01:14 pm
@Fido,
Don't apologize, it's fine really Smile That was an American Indian punishment tradition eh, ouch! lol I'm sorry for calling you an asshole, making this post about you and insulting you're reproducing tool. I'm good thank you Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 02:04 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

ossobuco wrote:
Do not ******* call the Bunny hun.

God you're an asshole. Why don't you try posting when you're sober for once . . . just for shits and giggles . . .

definitely worth repeating

some evenings it's enough to put me off the site entirely
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 03:33 pm
@MrsVISHOUS2012,

who's fido?

and what the hell has been going on around here?
dlowan

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 04:48 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

You presume too much. Some of us, perhaps many of us, do not like to be called hun by every Tom, Dick, and Henrietta. Maybe I'm wrong and Dlowan just loves it.

Dlowan thinks it's kind of a tacky and wearisome thing to say to every Thomasina, Richard and Harry constantly, but otherwise doesn't give a good goddam.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 04:50 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

who's fido?

and what the hell has been going on around here?

Seems to be some sort of ritual **** fest. Don't worry....it'll soon settle.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 04:52 pm
@Procrustes,
Procrustes wrote:

Maybe there should be a new thread about how A2K is not like other forms of social media?

Is A2k unlike other forms of social media?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 04:56 pm
Does this place even qualify as "social media?"
dlowan

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 05:05 pm
@Setanta,
Yes, I think so, it's just not its primary purpose.

My question was kind of ironic.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 05:16 pm
I don't see this site as social media. People here do socialize--people will always socialize in a venue they frequently visit. However, this site is not intend for people to reticulate (i hate using network as a verb), nor to post baby pictures for grandma and grandpa, nor to get in touch with old friends, schoolmates, etc. I can't see this as social media.
thack45

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 06:06 pm
@Setanta,
you mean to say my year and a half membership and 78(3) posts here won't help me find an old girlfriend from twelve years ago? dang.

btw, I do find using pet names (sweetie, dear, hon; big guy, chief, buddy) without any mutual familiarity can come across as at least obnoxious - if not condescending.
Setanta

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 09:58 pm
@thack45,
I call people Boss, and it's not condescending. I call people Bubba, and it's cnotemptuous. Other people, i don't call at all, not even long distance.
0 Replies