Can life have meaning if your dreams are unattainable?

izzythepush

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 10:00 am
@firefly,
The triumph of hope over experience.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 10:21 am
@firefly,
Quote:
Amazing how many people wonder about you in this regard...

Given how hard you had worked at painting me as such for daring to agree with the majority of federal judges that CP sentencing is over the top not surprising at all.

The idea that I am a drunk and a drunk driver had not gone over so well for the crime of agreeing with the founder of MADD that .08 is too low of a cut off point and you will need to work on that a little bit more.

How is hell doing Firefly and are you guys going to move to windows 8 in the near future?
firefly

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 10:29 am
@MichaelJ,
MichealJ, if you think you are really trying to understand yourself, you are quite self-deluded.

And judging by the inaccurate conclusions you've drawn about me, based on absolutely nothing I've said in this thread, you aren't very good at understanding others either.

Your thinking is based on such gross over-generalizations and simplistic stereotypes that it has very little basis in reality, yet you are unable to see how illogical and irrational you really are. It is impossible to imagine you having successful mature relationships with anyone--you seem oblivious to the fact that other people are complex individual personalities and not gender stereotypes.
Quote:
But just because I am and I'm making good points is no reason for people to attack me, or for those people to assume I'm attacking them. I'm just exposing an ugly truth of life.

You and Hawkeye both share the same paranoid perspective--that you're being attacked for allegedly making "good points" and exposing "an ugly truth". In reality, the negative responses you both regularly elicit are because you are both arrogant jerks, and neither of you is particularly good at processing or understanding the rather uniformly negative feedback you get.

If you don't want people to respond honestly to you, then don't post at A2K. If you just want to sort out your own feelings, and blow off steam, then keep a journal. But, once you post in a public forum, you are asking for comments and feedback, and, if you don't like what people are saying about you, then don't post.
Quote:
At any rate, it's obvious ...you hate men.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Have I made one negative comment about men?

You do not represent all men, MichaelJ. Don't assume that, because you irrationally assume that one woman, or even a few women, represent and reflect all women, that others share your illogical and impaired thought processes and lump members of a gender together. My responses to you are quite specific to you, and specific to you as a person, and have nothing to do with your gender. And, while I certainly don't hate you, I think you are a rather unappealing person. And, if your new found money helps to make you more palatable to women, particularly those with low self-esteem, at least it's helping you to get a date. Unfortunately, the money won't help you to be able to have successful or satisfying relationships, because it can't turn a sow's ear into a silk purse, and you're still stuck with being a pig whether or not you have a few bucks.

BillRM

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 10:39 am
@firefly,
Sorry dear he is 100 percents correct about you, if not his opinions on womankind as a whole.

An you do love to take bits and pieces of what others had shared on this website and then used these out of content bits of information as weapons to try to win debates you do not have the skill to win on the issues.

While at the same time being far too must of a coward to share anything concerning yourself.

0 Replies

firefly

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 10:49 am
@BillRM,
Your sick obsession with me got tiresome a long time ago. You're like some sort of creepy cyber-stalker.

Poor BillRM, people always jump to the wrong conclusions about him--that he's a drunk, or a pedophile--and he just doesn't understand why. Laughing

Let's see if this shoe fits, BillRM--it's another widely held view of you.
http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/v1/compositions/25172192/views/1,width=178,height=178,interlace=true/village-idiot-t-shirts_design.pnghttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing024.gif

About the only thing you're good at, really good at, is trashing threads.

BillRM

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 11:39 am
@firefly,
Quote:
Poor BillRM, people always jump to the wrong conclusions about him--that he's a drunk, or a pedophile--and he just doesn't understand why.

You are the helper on that jumping to conclusions such as editing a sentence from Yes I trade CP with Federal judges to Yes I trade CP and then claiming I am confessing to being a CP trader instead of making a sarcastic comment back to you.

If you lied long and loud enough some people will believe it and that is not a new tactic in the history of the human race.

If I ever win a large lottery price I will set aside a 100,000 dollars or so from it and get a lawyer to subpoena Robert records so you can get to explained such behaviors as your editing to a civil judge and jury.
firefly

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 11:48 am
@BillRM,
You are a creepy cyber-stalker who is obsessed with me. And stop dragging your obesession with me from thread to thread.

And others have drawn their own conclusions about you--don't blame me for the low opinion others have of you. You've painted your own portrait of yourself.

It's been a long time since your head's seen daylight.
http://wemeantwell.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/head_up_ass.jpg
BillRM

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 12:35 pm
@firefly,
Poor baby being call out for libeling someone over and over can not be comfortable.

You might wish to turn over a new leaf and try to win arguments by using facts instead of silly personal attacks and this website would be more enjoyable for all of us.

Oh in connection with that stop taking things that people had share on this website out of content to attack them with.
firefly

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 12:51 pm
@BillRM,
And being identified as the village idiot by the owner of this site can't be very comfortable for you.
It's hard to consider something as libelous when it's true.
http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/v1/compositions/25172192/views/1,width=178,height=178,interlace=true/village-idiot-t-shirts_design.pnghttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing024.gif
You never know when to shut up.

You've painted your own portrait of yourself, and it ain't a very pretty picture.
http://wemeantwell.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/head_up_ass.jpg
0 Replies

MichaelJ

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 07:06 pm
@firefly,
That's just the thing firefly, you say nothing personal about yourself. Yet as BillRM pointed out, you go out of your way to take the personal things that others say about themselves, twist them, and then attempt to use them as a weapon against those people. That's very cowardly firefly... Look at how personally revealing I've been ...now conversely look at how personally revealing you've been. Yet I only respond to the arrows being shot at me WHILE I walk in the open, whereas you fire at will from behind an electric fence.

I think I AM right about you. You say volumes about yourself in the way you single mindedly try to cut down anyone who disagree with you. You thirst for control, probably because you lack it in some other important area in your real life. I really do think you hate men. If I had to guess, I would say something very bad was done to you by a man at some point in your life. My first guess would be that you were raped. ...And that really is a terrible thing firefly, to be raped. Anyone who's had that done to them has every right to be angry. However whether it was rape or whatever else that made you feel powerless before men in your past ...don't insult my intelligence by claiming that your contempt isn't apparent.

Another important and revealing point about how you interact here is the amount of name calling you engage in. I'm a "Pig", and an "Arrogant jerk", and so on, and so forth... Whereas I rarely name call (although once in a great while I have been guilty due to sheer frustration with you). This speaks volumes to your character without you revealing any personal information at all.

And you also keep insisting that I'm generalizing ALL (EVERY SINGLE ONE ON THE PLANET) women. I believe if you look back, you will in fact see that I talk about "Most" women, and even have noted several examples of women I respect and admire.

The thing is firefly, women do have a need to be dominated. They want to be submissive. It is science. This is abundantly clear when looking at mating rituals in the animal kingdom. The male dominates the female. The female submits, and that is how genes, traits, ect. are passed on. Human beings function in these same patterns. Except that human females use MUCH more manipulation (including manipulating themselves into believing they AREN'T being submissive) in a quest to be dominated by the most suitable male possible. Successful mating occurs when the male is dominant and the female is submissive. Other cases where this isn't present (such as where a male is submissive to a female) are cases where natural selection (eventually, down the line) cuts those genes out of the gene pool. Their offspring simply have a lowered chance of succeeding in life and therefore a lower chance of passing on their genes.

Now the way that women in modern society choose to be dominated (whether aware of it or not) is through a value system. "High value" males (e.g. Alpha males) are the desired dominators. Now how do males achieve "high value"? ...Through being evaluated on their social standing, social skills (i.e. bullshitting skills), looks, and most importantly above all their FINANCES. Whereas women's "high value" is mostly determined solely based on looks. This is largely because youthful, attractive females are seen to be a better vessel for the male to have carry his genes onto the next generation. ...So you see male requirements for "value" are MUCH harder to attain and are multi layered. Whereas females essentially have one sole requirement that is (relatively speaking, because women in general are viewed as a whole to be more "beautiful" creatures than men) easier to attain. So you see women simply have an unfair advantage over men AND are more superficial when evaluating men (in general) than men are when evaluating women!

Look again at this paragraph. If I'm oh so deluded and devoid of insight as you claim, explain to me exactly where AND why my reasoning is faulty.

~There was a story in yesterday's local newspaper here about the coach of the football team for the biggest local college. Now this man makes well over three million dollars per year. He's 56 years old, bald, overweight, and not what most people would consider a physically attractive man. Now I'm just reporting objective facts about him, it's the truth. The story is about how he got engaged to a sort of local celebrity (news anchor); a very attractive, 29 year old woman. Now do you really expect me to believe that this woman, who could probably have her pick of any number of eligible men in the area is really, GENUINELY attracted to a physically unattractive man almost TWICE her age, and that it has absolutely nothing to do with money??? REALLY??? ...REALLY??? Of course the accompanying picture showed her wearing an absolutely HUGE diamond ring on her finger ...which also leads to another question I can't ever seem to get answered satisfactorily... Why is it that when a man and woman get married, it's the man's responsibility to fork up the bill for this expensive ring??? What does the man get in return?? Monetarily wise?? It's simply unequal!! ~

As JLNobody pointed out, you are simply trying to convince YOURSELF that I'm wrong in my views. Because ultimately, it scares you how right I am.
firefly

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 08:38 pm
@MichaelJ,
Quote:
That's just the thing firefly, you say nothing personal about yourself...Look at how personally revealing I've been ...now conversely look at how personally revealing you've been.

Duh, dumbo, maybe that's because this thread is all about you. Laughing

Sorry, I have no problems with the opposite sex, or sad tales of abuse at the hands of men, or any complaints at all about my relationships with men, to even share with you. Unlike you, I have no problems loving, respecting, admiring, and trusting, the opposite gender, or believing that they genuinely love, respect, and desire me, which is why it's you, and not me, that's doing all the bitching, moaning, and self-pitying in this thread.
Quote:
Yet as BillRM pointed out, you go out of your way to take the personal things that others say about themselves, twist them, and then attempt to use them as a weapon against those people.

When BillRM chooses to tell everyone in cyberspace that he was asked to leave a public park, because other adults were uncomfortable with his interactions with young children, and feared he might be a pedophile, because of the way he used kittens to engage/lure the children, he's telling people here he's been regarded as a possible pedophile in real life, by others who actually observed him. That has nothing at all to do with me, or anything I've said about him, this is what he chooses to tell people.

If you want to believe his bullshit, fine, that's your problem, but most people form their opinions of good old BillRM based on the portrait of himself that he paints with his own brush.

And you have also painted a portrait of yourself with your own brush. Which has included lying about things--like saying your parents both died when you were 12, when your mother was, in fact, alive and well. I'm not twisting that in any way, am I? If I then tell you I think your credibility is suspect because, if you lie that way about one thing, in order to manipulate people's perception of you, why should I believe anything you say. I'm not using that as a "weapon" against you, I'm simply telling you my honest reaction to you--based on your own behavior. I do think you're a liar, and you have admitted to lying, and I have to wonder about someone who lies in a thread where he is ostensibly seeking help. Something about this fish stinks.
Quote:
As JLNobody pointed out, you are simply trying to convince YOURSELF that I'm wrong in my views. Because ultimately, it scares you how right I am.

Laughing Get over yourself, MichaelJ. I think you're a jerk. And I need no further convincing about that. After 45 pages, I'm convinced. Laughing

And, if you're not seeking feedback in this thread, what the hell are you after?

MichaelJ

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 09:22 pm
@firefly,
...and after a lengthy and very thoughtful post where I lay out some pretty rock solid reasoning, I get called a Dumbo and a Jerk. ...Instead of you refuting what I said untrue, because I'm oh so terribly deluded and clueless!

No, you're right firefly, I'm SO out of touch with reality!

If you can't hang your own in a battle of wits and logic with me, just admit it...

I've said multiple times that I didn't want blame placed solely on my mother, including when I originally revealed it. That's a perfectly legitimate concern, especially in light of how you've done NOTHING but blame that relationship for my "deluded" beliefs ever since... AND my mother may have been alive, but she was far from "well". And regardless, I've still been more self revealing and honest than you deary Wink

I know nothing about BillRM other than what he's written here. I don't read other threads. Because I'm such a self obsessed asshole right???, it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I don't spend much time on the internet ANYWHERE. I mean of course not. No you're right, I'm such a drain on society, and you who spends all her time in these threads is oh so much of a gift to society... you are oh so very productive!

If BillRM is truly a pedophile then I have no sympathy...
firefly

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 10:11 pm
@MichaelJ,
Quote:
If you can't hang your own in a battle of wits and logic with me, just admit it...

I'm still waiting for you to come up with wits and logic.

Is this the sort of game you played with your two therapists? And why you felt they couldn't counter your "philosophical arguments"? No wonder they gave up on you. You're not seeking self-understanding at all. You just want to wrap yourself in overly intellectualized bullshit to avoid facing and dealing with reality. And that's what you're doing in this thread as well. You use the "philosophical arguments" like a cocoon, to hide in. Your therapists got frustrated and tired of dealing with it, and most posters who had any interest in this thread, and you, have also disappeared as well. Trying to get through to you is like hitting your head on a brick wall. People just get tired of it, and bored with it, and give up.

You're the one with all the problems, who feels life's a joke and not worth living, who still keeps getting drunk, and who still can't get involved in a decent relationship with someone he actually likes and trusts. Are most men in that same boat? I don't think so.

Oh please, you didn't claim to be orphaned at 12 to spare your poor mother from blame. You were deliberately lying about her death in order to manipulate people's perception of you, and the alleged travails you have been through. Which is why I wonder how much of this thread is pure fiction--bad, overly melodramatic fiction.

And no, I didn't blame your mother for your problems. But the genesis of your problems may well be rooted in your relationship with her, and in how you perceived her, and learned to react to her, and the defensive maneuvers you engaged in to protect yourself from whatever anxiety she generated in you--meaning that these are your problems, and you will bring them to all your relationships, and any issue of blaming her is quite irrelevant because blame won't help you to deal with, and overcome, and move beyond, your problems.

I still don't understand what you want out of this thread. You're not seeking feedback, you actively reject it. So, what is it you do want?

MichaelJ

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 10:40 pm
@firefly,
There's no fiction. My dad, who I idolized, died when I was 12, and I was left without a stable parental figure. My mother then died later... I'm still 33 yrs young and without any parental figures to fall back on for emotional support. I raised my sister (a WOMAN) in the absence of a stable parental figure for many, many years, and now that person is a successful mother of her own!

These arguments aren't really "philosophical" in nature at all firefly. They're SCIENCE! Find one single hole what I've stated about animal mating rituals and how they mirror human rituals... I dare you!

But you can't, so you fall back on name calling instead. That's the mark of a WEAK minded individual...

Life is a joke. We are but monkeys following our genetic codes and predetermined patterns. Except we are worse than animals, because we hate, we destroy, we are spiteful and selfish, we are jealous, we rape, we rape the earth...

What do I want???

I want someone to prove me otherwise. I want to believe in higher functioning. I want to believe that people are more than just animals. However, all SCIENTIFIC evidence proves otherwise, and you are CLEARLY not someone who is capable of standing on the same level of intellect with me long enough to argue me otherwise...
hawkeye10

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 10:48 pm
@MichaelJ,
Quote:
I want someone to prove me otherwise. I want to believe in higher functioning. I want to believe that people are more than just animals. However, all SCIENTIFIC evidence proves otherwise, ..

everything that is wrong with you can be cured with the love of the right woman. science is reason, the rational, the head, but it is not everything. the heart, the soul, the spirit are just as important to understanding the universe...to include women.
FOUND SOUL

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 12:26 am
@hawkeye10,
Not "everything" but in terms of you can not view it all as scientific, and fear of letting your heart go, allowing someone to see your soul, understanding that there are two parts of this, science and the universe, I totally agree with.

You sounded very calm for once Michael, don't think you have found the answer and that, that is SCIENCE as to why you are now calm.

Think.
hawkeye10

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 12:51 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Not "everything" but in terms of you can not view it all as scientific, and fear of letting your heart go, allowing someone to see your soul, understanding that there are two parts of this, science and the universe, I totally agree with.

i sense that this dude is spinning because his unrealistic expectations for relationship were not met, he is now hyperventilating and in crisis. what he needs is to connect with a woman who wants him, who is strong enough to stand up to him, who can get through to him that women are not the pedestal creatures he imagined but that being in love with one is still pretty damn mind blowing. opening himself up to life is a problem, right now he is analytically trying to figure this out while holding everyone off (firefly is probably right that this included his pro's, who eventually gave up on him).

the head is not where this solution is, it is in the heart, this is at root a spiritual crisis from the looks of it.
msolga

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 01:30 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
...what he needs is to connect with a woman who wants him, who is strong enough to stand up to him

Nope.
He needs to take responsibility for himself & the predicament he finds himself in.
He is a grown-up after-all.
What grown-up woman in her right mind would want to be used to support & sort out someone who refuses to take the necessary steps to sort himself out?
What woman with any semblance of self respect would "want" any man with such a pathetic, low attitude toward women in general? Which would include her, I'd assume.
A masochist, perhaps?
Some relationship that would be, what a joy! ... sorting him out & "standing up to him"! Neutral
You've got to be kidding.
hawkeye10

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 02:18 am
@msolga,
Quote:
What grown-up woman in her right mind would want to be used to support & sort out someone who refuses to take the necessary steps to sort himself out?

somebody who is comparably twisted. we are humans, we cant wait to be perfect before we take part in life because that will never happen...it is compatibility that matters, and it is just fine to need our mates to be ok. no man is an island.

Quote:
You've got to be kidding

nope
msolga

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 02:31 am
@hawkeye10,
OK. So the answer to his problems is a "twisted" woman. According to you.
Neutral

Quote:
...we cant wait to be perfect before we take part in life...it is compatibility that matters, and it is just fine to need our mates to be ok. no man is an island.

Who was arguing about anyone being "perfect"?
None of us are perfect.
And of course we all want our partners to be ok. And our good friends, too. The people care about.
But using one person in any close relationship to prop up the other person by "standing up to" them, especially if they refuse to help themselves .... that's an entirely different thing.
Mutual support is one thing, but what you're suggesting is something else entirely.
0 Replies