Can life have meaning if your dreams are unattainable?

FOUND SOUL

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 02:36 am
@hawkeye10,
There is nothing unrealistic about a relationship in my opinion. The problem I see is mis match, settling, because you WANT a relationship and you keep getting it wrong over and over and over, due to your own in-securities, then you do the blame game... Because you can not stand up and be a person and realise what you are doing, your mistakes. Why? Because of your mistakes, not yours hawkeye, in general you keep failing isn't it easier to blame the bitch? They are all bitches?

Until Michael acknowledges that he is desperate, doesn't love himself, he will find all the women who are insecure or want money, are princesses because he doesn't believe in himself.

At 33 that's darn hard. But, not impossible because life is about lessons and sometimes we learn them late in life.

He can't connect with a woman who wants him though I agree that is what he needs, unless he is totally honest and instead of telling him how women screwed him, cheated on him, wanted his money, he was honest and said, I have a problem, I don't believe in myself... Maybe, then some woman may try to bring him into some form of today and slap him around somewhat.

The problem I have is this. If it is seeded so darn deep into the roots of his being, your being Michael that we are all sluts, or gold diggers no one will ever want to go down the path to save you, because you can't save yourself.

It can be easy to bluff, pretend until you have "won" such a woman but the true core of your being will show, shine eventually.

This is about STOPPING blaming them and blame you because you are picking them, we are all different... You are picking them due to your own non-self-worth.

Hawk... people can only tap into their spiritual side, not BIBLE, God, but who they are, the core value, morals, etc, when they believe in themselves finally and put it out there.... Not before.

How to get Michael to see his own self worth IDK.

BillRM

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:28 am
@firefly,
Yes indeed I was trying to find homes for kittens and in the end did find homes for all but one of them that I kept for myself.

Now there was zero wrong with my actions that day and as I pointed out if my wife had gone along nothing would had likely been said.

I was the victim of profiling in the same sense as black people in a store shopping are victims of profiling ,in may case for being a male instead of a woman and it is people such as Firefly who had somehow gotten the society to stop viewing old men in parks sitting on park benches feeding the birds and interacting with children as a wonderful example of the relationship between the old and the young into evil pedophiles waiting to pounce on the kids.

The odds was very good given the numbers of people in that park that day that there was a pedophile or two but it is far more likely if was a parent or a coach or a family friend of one of the children then someone openly trying to find home for kittens.

Firefly is in fact a great aid to the pedophiles that does exist by drawing the attention away from the coach or the family friend onto the person who is enjoying the park and in my case trying to get some damn kittens homes.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:37 am
@MichaelJ,
Quote:
If BillRM is truly a pedophile then I have no sympathy...

Sorry but I am 63 years old with no criminal record of any kind and a step grandfather of three boys and one girl and like .99.99999999 percents or so of all men I am not a pedophile in any sense of that term.

The crime here is the Fireflies of the world in aiding real pedophiles by drawing the attention away from the fact that 99 percents of the time pedophiles act behind close doors inside of families not sitting on park benches with or without kittens.

0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:40 am
@MichaelJ,
Quote:
There's no fiction. My dad, who I idolized, died when I was 12, and I was left without a stable parental figure. My mother then died later... I'm still 33 yrs young and without any parental figures to fall back on for emotional support. I raised my sister (a WOMAN) in the absence of a stable parental figure for many, many years, and now that person is a successful mother of her own!

Giving her personal information of any kind is like placing blood in the water for sharks and I suggest the best manner of handling her in your case is just to place her on ignore.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 05:32 am
@MichaelJ,
More comments on the wisdom of you using the ignore function in regard to Firefly.

Her whole purpose is to cause harm and not to offer aid to you so any postings of hers will be design with that purpose in mind so why read them?

It is my understanding that you are not interested in taking part in any other part of this website so there is no real need for you to deal with whatever she happen to be.

Most of if not all of the other posters might strongly disagree with your thinkings concerning women and relationships but we are not out to harm you as in the case of Firefy.

MichaelJ

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 05:54 am
@FOUND SOUL,
FS, I agree with some elements of both what you and hawkeye have said.

I'm going to respond to his last post, but it is also addressed to you.
0 Replies

MichaelJ

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 06:10 am
@hawkeye10,
Found Soul and you are both right Hawkeye ...in some respects. But it's like FS said, it's not a spiritual crisis in a religious way, it's a crisis about finding meaning in life. That's why I named this thread with that question the way I did. I want to believe in a sense of wonder, of awe...

I honestly don't even know what I really want in life. I mean there are so many things that interest me. Writing, film, news, flying, politics, music, comics, traveling, ect, ect. How could I ever narrow it down to just one thing and say "OK this is where I'm gonna make my stand and I'm gonna focus all my energy on this one thing."? I spread myself too thin and I have trouble making up my mind. Because the truth is that there's a whole lot of beauty in life. What worries me is that even if I never drink again or even if I live a 100% healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life and live to be 120, I could never live long enough to see and do all the amazing things that I want to see and that I want to do.

I'm fully aware of my age. I feel like it's too late to figure it out now. I'm FULLY aware of my mortality, I've been surrounded by death all the days of my life. Yet even though I know life is short, I feel like I can't change anything and therefore it doesn't matter. Probably because it's too late...

I don't believe in true love. Science and all the animal behaviors I've layed out disprove it. Not to mention the horrible women who've come and gone in my life.

The one thing that does give me TRUE satisfaction right now is spending time with my nephew. I'm really good with him, and I love him.

But it makes me deeply saddened too, because I have always wanted one of those that's my own. I've been saying that all along. And yes, I've always wanted a partner too. Someone who IS strong, and who DOES challenge me, and who IS just as twisted as I am. And I know that these things will never happen. And it's crushing...

But because of all I've learned of life through my interactions with women and all my observations and studying, it even causes me to second guess that great sense of joy that I feel when playing with my nephew. ...like I know it's just a chemical reaction in my brain. Like we're just monkeys who dreamed that we were something more...
firefly

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 10:14 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Her whole purpose is to cause harm and not to offer aid to you so any postings of hers will be design with that purpose in mind so why read them?...Most of if not all of the other posters might strongly disagree with your thinkings concerning women and relationships but we are not out to harm you as in the case of Firefy.

You are one sick and twisted man.

You have a bizarre and rather creepy obsession with me, you follow me from thread to thread, like a cyber-stalker, and now you are revealing just how deeply malevolent you are toward me, not that your malice should surprise anyone who reads your posts. You've already given plenty of evidence regarding just how unsavory a character you are, along with a continuous display of your various personal obsessions, and yet you remain clueless about why you're almost universally held in low regard on this site. You've regularly been called "an idiot" and "a moron" more times, and by more other people, than any other poster I've encountered in my 8 years at A2K--and you've fully earned those designations, including the latest one...
 http://www.betternorthamptonexposed.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Village_Idiot.jpg]

Your attempts to assasinate my character are the latest futile and desperate maneuvers on your part to try to salvage your own image on this site, an image that you yourself have already damaged beyond repair, despite the plethora of rationalizations and denials you continually offer up to try to convince people they always have the wrong idea about you and, in the process, you always succeed in letting them know just how right about you they have been. You're the best spokesperson for your stupidity, your narrow-mindedness, your bullshit, your contemptuousness, your creepiness, your warped fixations, and your perversity--you broadcast these things about yourself constantly because you never know when to shut up.

Why don't you just crawl back under your rock and stop trashing thread after thread.

How's the view, BillRM?
http://www.importeast.ca/headupass.jpg
hawkeye10

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 10:26 am
@MichaelJ,
Washed out of life at 33.....it is a tragidy!

If you were more observant you would know that it is rare for people to figure this stuff out before their mid fourties. All that matters is that you get there by your last breath, so if you don't off yourself you should be fine.

Relax, find out what you love and go do it, and keep your eye out for the right woman...she is out there somewhere.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 11:34 am
@firefly,
Sorry dear but stating a falsehood over and over does not turn a falsehood into a truth such as me following you around.

At least half the threads I posts on does not have your evil present on them thank god for that.

No one would follow such a person as yourself around however when I see you doing your thing such as once more using personal information someone had share on this website as weapons to cause hurt I will reacted.

As unlike the rest of us that take part on many threads and need to deal with you Michael is only interest in his thread so I see no reason or need for him to put up with your attacks on him and he should in my opinion just use the ignore feature.
firefly

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 01:02 pm
@MichaelJ,
Quote:
it's a crisis about finding meaning in life..

MichaelJ, you don't find meaning in life, you have to give meaning to life.

Yes, your existence is ephemeral, and, if you are really fully aware of your own mortality, that is all the impetus you should need to make that existence as full as possible before the curtain comes down. If your own existence, and the quality of that existence, does not matter to you, then it certainly does not matter to anyone else. You will pass from this earth and become dust whether or not you choose to live well or wisely and, if you choose not to live wisely or well, you will have simply squandered those precious few days of existence available to you. That's all the choice that you, and everyone else, has in life--whether or not to make the best of it.

Does that make life an absurd joke? Not at all. It simply puts our grandiosity as humans into its proper perspective. We are animals, just a little more evolved than the others, and less bound to our biological natures and instincts than the others, and more conscious of our mortality than the others, but we're really no more important than the others, we just like to think we are because, as humans, we are rather ego-centric.

But, because we have rather uniquely human characteristics, and abilities, and our behaviors are largely learned, and shaped by our cultural milieu, our patterns of acting and interacting with each other cannot readily be understood by looking at the mating rituals of baboons, or other animals, unless, of course your goal is to date a female baboon. Smile Our adult relationships are interactions between rather complex personalities, and those individual personalities significantly override whatever biological imperatives are tied to our specific genders, which is why it is erroneous to engage in any simplistic stereotyping of either gender's characteristics--such thinking will simply be wrong a good deal of the time.

You are trying to understand "women" as though the answers could be found in a manual of some sort, or through some sort of pseudo-scientific approach, and you are definitely barking up the wrong tree. Nothing, except considerably more experience in relationships with women than you have thus far had, is going to help you chose better partners who are more compatible with what you want and need in a relationship, and nothing except considerably more experience is going to help you be more attuned to what your partner needs and wants from you. And so far, in the two significant relationships you have had and told us about, both your first extremely long-term "engagement", and your more recent brief "friends with benefits" arrangement, you were so out of tune with these women, and what they really wanted, that they both wound up blind sighting you when they left you for someone else. Instead of ranting about how awful women are, you'd be much better off trying to figure out why you couldn't read their signals more accurately, or why you were choosing to ignore the messages they were sending you. Being blind sighted, not just once but twice, tells you nothing about women in general, but it should tell you something about yourself and your lack of perceptiveness regarding your partners. Relationships are never static, they always take work to be maintained, and there is never a guarantee of happily ever after. But, if you're not attuned to your partner, you're increasing the odds the relationship won't work out, or you're bound to keep picking the wrong partners for your particular needs.

If you want to learn more about women, and yourself in relationship to women, you've just got to get out there and meet more women, and date more women, and throw any expectations, and preconceived ideas, you have about women out the window. They are all unique, MichaelJ, they really are, just like snowflakes, and you've got to learn how to understand, and appreciate, and relate to, their individual uniqueness, instead of looking for a one size fits all formula for a relationship that's unlikely to get you what you really want out of a relationship. The only way to compensate for your lack of experience is to get more experience. Join a dating site if you have to, that's a good way to meet lots of women, and a good way to gain more experience about the initial steps in getting to know someone new so you know whether you want to invest more time in a particular relationship.

But, all of this has been mentioned in this thread, many times, by a number of posters, and none of it has sunk in. You may be right that you will never find what you are looking for, mainly because you're not willing to put much time and effort into the search.

You have trouble committing yourself to a goal, whether it's trying to find a good partner, or trying to decide where to focus your life and interests, so mostly life continues to pass you by and you wind up feeling more hopeless. And, if you don't get off your butt and start moving, and making things happen for yourself, nothing will change for you. And that too has been said to you by numerous posters in this thread. You just keep spinning your wheels, and wasting time, and then you bemoan the fact that life is short. Well, as I said earlier, that final curtain will come down on you whether you live wisely and well or not, and if you want to squander what little time you do have on earth by ruminating rather than by living and risking, and by continually drowning your sorrows in booze, you're welcome to do that. And, if that makes your life a joke, that's the script you've chosen to write for yourself, and it's about time you took some responsibility for doing that.
Quote:
I want to believe in a sense of wonder, of awe...

Then toss aside all your preconceived ideas, and your certainty about being right, and try experiencing the world through fresh eyes--there's plenty of wonder and awe available to you once you realize how little you actually know.

FOUND SOUL

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 03:43 pm
@BillRM,
Seeing as you are consistently hi-jacking this thread and interupting conversation with Michael and Fire-fly, because she hits him hard between the eyes, you feel you can discredit her, in his eyes.. What a game... A wrong game... He is a grown man, he reads but he will make his own conclusion and given he still converses with her, you've lost there Bill.

Here is also where you have lost.
http://www1.csbsju.edu/uspp/CrimPsych/CPSG-6.htm
Mysoped child molester and killer

1. Sadist; has made the connection between sexual gratification and personal violence

2. Usually male

3. Typically the victim is a stranger to the aggressor

4. May stalk the child rather than use a form of seduction; may take victim by force using his size as an advantage

5. Abducts children from playgrounds, schools, shopping centers, and other places children gather
6. Has no “love” for children; only interested in causing harm and eventual death to a vulnerable victim

7. Crime is premeditated and ritualized

8. Example would be Albert Fish

Albert Fish was an old man. He would go around and do gardening for people, befriend them and their children, gain trust in the parents. One day, Albert abducted an 11 year old with the permission of her parents, he told them that he would take her to a party she wanted to go to, they let him..

One day, he sent them a letter... Apologising for eating their daughter but telling them that her rump was superb... That letter got him caught... I can not imagine how the parents felt or coped for the rest of their lives. I will never forget reading that book as long as I live...
FOUND SOUL

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 03:48 pm
@MichaelJ,
Michael,

You are scattered, you love life, you know the word love, you see it when you are with your nephew.. So what you are 33 and haven't worked it out yet.

I left the Hospitality Industry at 36... By the time I was 44, I knew exactly what I wanted, where I was going and who and only who I would allow to enter my life. I worked it out.. Before that I was just enjoying being a career orientated only person who allowed people to come into her life and gave it a go. I lived life, but I didn't own it.. I am loving life, my fiance, my goals, dreams and I am still a work a holic but I smell the roses now.

What makes you think it is not attainable? It is.

You have to weed out what shouldn't be in your life and what should be in it, who shouldn't and who should.. What you really love and what you just do...

Women are the last thing at the moment for you..

You do believe in true love. The love of your nephew. The love of an animal.. That is true love...

You have to love yourself.
BillRM

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:27 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Well I am happy you feel for Firefly and I am so glad to hear that instead of a pedophile molester you are going one step further to paint me as a possible serial killer of children of all things. With or without eating them afterward.

Your example of Albert Fish who ate children of all things was not a stranger to the parents by your own words but a person known and trusted by them and as I had stated over and over it is nine times out of ten someone within the family circle of trust in one way or another who assault children or eat them for that matter.

As a practice matter if I was a child molester the last thing in the world I would do is to bring attention to myself by setting in a middle of a park in broad daylight with kittens in a large pet carrier with my home only a few hundred yards away and posters with my name and phone number on them offering free kittens to a good home also all over the park..

Nor could I find in a news search that cover a period of twenty years anyone arrested trying abduct a child with a pet in one hands and a child in the other from the middle of a park.

PS I hate cooking and never had gone game hunting so butchering a child and then cooking him or her is not within my skill set.

BillRM

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:43 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
You know as a young child I was given free run of the boardwalk full of strangers in the resort town of Seaside Height, NJ the same town shown in the TV show Jersey shores and so was most children given such freedoms in my generation.

The risk is not zero then or now but it is smaller then taking a short car trip with your parents.

I am a firm believer that the society would be better off if there was a mandatory course at the high school level concerning how to calculate risk in the real world.
hawkeye10

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:52 pm
@BillRM,
I wss reading a quote from one of the ballon jumper team leaders....he said that western society has become over the last 30 years dangerously risk averse. That sounds right to me. The bullshit sex laws are a aspect of this problem.
BillRM

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:57 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Love is odd as it was pure chance that I found my wife on a dial up computer network in 1985 and can not picture not having met her and being with another woman now.

As an atheist in good standing I do not think that there are anything going on behind the curtains but as a man who found his soul mate by pure chance sometimes I do wonder.

Michael who hang up is that he think most women are interested in his finances might wish to find and date women that are his equal or his superior in that regards.

High power career women like my wife tend to be more interesting anyway.

FOUND SOUL

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 05:02 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Well I am happy you feel for Firefly and I am so glad to hear that instead of a pedophile molester you are going one step further to paint me as a possible serial killer of children of all things. With or without eating them afterward.

I see her intelligence in discussions with people that come here with questions don't you Bill...

Quote:
“The serial killer has the same personality characteristics as the sex offender against children”

As a practice matter if I was a child molester the last thing in the world I would do is to bring attention to myself by setting in a middle of a park in broad daylight with kittens in a large pet carrier with my home only a few hundred yards away and posters with my name and phone number on them offering free kittens to a good home also all over the park..

Quote:
• Many child molesters know their victims. Some stalk their victims, observing their habits as they walk to and from school. They often try to buy houses near schools or parks.
That be the 11%, which makes the stats not 99%, rather 88%

Quote:
• 29% of child sexual abuse offenders are relatives, 60% are acquaintances, and only 11% are strangers.
Acquaintances, in my opinion are people who deliberately befriend someone, they are not family, nor friends and if they have an agenda, that makes the stats back down to 29% period, being realtives.

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=132098&page=1

Quote:
Predators often win a child's trust by asking for their assistance, such as asking directions, or, in what Wooden says is a common ploy, the "pet lure." That was the tactic apparently used by the abductor in the Runnion case. Runnion's 5-year-old friend, who witnessed her abduction, told police the man approached the girls by asking if they had seen his Chihuahua.

Quote:
Before going to the playground, 7-year-old Patrick Beard told his mother, as she had taught him, that he would "kick and scream and run in the other direction" if a stranger asked him to go somewhere.

But when Wooden approached him in the playground and asked his name, he immediately answered, "Patrick."

Then Wooden continued, using a lure an Oklahoma molester had used to win the trust of a child he assaulted in 1990. Showing Patrick a photograph of a dog, Wooden said: "Here, Patrick, my little puppy. His name is Shorty, and we're looking for him. He answers to the voice of little girls and little boys. And we're offering a reward of $10. Could you help look for him?"

Patrick took the picture, looked around and yelled Shorty's name, then followed Wooden out of the park. Patrick's mother Debbie Beard, who was watching via a video link-up, was horrified. "This is something I'll have to discuss with him much more thoroughly than I ever thought I would have to do," she said.

The same trick worked with four other children, including 5-year-old Mika Netherton. Afterward, when her mother asked her sternly what she was supposed to do if a stranger approached her, Mika knew the right answer — run away — but didn't seem to think it applied to the man with the dog. "He wanted me to find Shorty," she said.

Wooden, who runs a program called Child Lures Prevention that is taught in schools, said children should be drilled on the common lures the way they are taught an academic subject.

Quote:
According to the Cody Police Department, the girl was abducted shortly before 4 p.m. Monday at the Park County Complex on Stampede Avenue in Cody. About 45 minutes later, a friend of the girl reported to authorities that the 11-year-old had gotten into a white vehicle with a man to help him find his dog and had not returned.

The Park County Complex is a popular spot for Cody's younger population, it contains the county library, recreation center, and aquatic center.

"It was calculated by a sick predator," Ellington stated in reference to the abduction.

Any grown human being, knows that they tell their kids, don't talk to strangers that they tell their kids, don't go off with any stranger when they say they are going to the beach, a park...Just as, anyone knows that one method used is "pet lure", all kids love animals right? You're nuts...seriously..

But more so I now wonder, they commonly live near by, pet lure, changed from looking for my puppy, to awe here are some kittens.. The food is at home and it's free? Smile

Whatever Bill... The bottom line is whether you are/or are not, what you did was stupid.

Quote:
PS I hate cooking and never had gone game hunting so butchering a child and then cooking him or her is not within my skill set.

Who said you would do that? You paranoid or something?

You should read up on the ped though http://crime.about.com/od/serial/p/albertfish.htm
BillRM

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 05:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I wss reading a quote from one of the ballon jumper team leaders....he said that western society has become over the last 30 years dangerously risk averse. That sounds right to me. The bullshit sex laws are a aspect of this problem.

The world is full of risks and can not be avoided totally and the cost of avoiding some risks can be large such as the distrusting of all male adults for the crime of being both an adult and a male.

Of course the way our news media work it tend to blow up the very small risks that happen to only a few people a year in a population of 300 millions and down play the common risks that are far more of a danger.
FOUND SOUL

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 05:06 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Michael who hang up is that he think most women are interested in his finances might wish to find and date women that are his equal or his superior in that regards.

High power career women like my wife tend to be more interesting anyway.

Soul mates, or someone who really clicks with you, is based on personality, core values, morals, not whether or not they are superior, perhaps equal, I may agree with..

Michael needs someone with passion.. Who is passionate about life, not someone who is just living for the moment or is hung up on money... If you read from the beginning instead of just what Firefly wrote and but in and change the course of the thread, only to turn it back on course again, then you would know that Michael does not think that most woman are after money, they are after themselves, in his eyes, money, cheating, liers but we are saying not all, you are picking them. The wrong ones.
0 Replies