Can life have meaning if your dreams are unattainable?

MichaelJ

Thu 19 Apr, 2012 03:06 am
@vikorr,
"Are you not aware that women (in general) practice from the time they become attracted to men - that they practice how to entice a man?"

mary didnt do ****!!! she likes fart jokes for gods sake. she doesn't bathe.

women dont do a goddamn thing@!
hawkeye10

Thu 19 Apr, 2012 03:11 am
@MichaelJ,
Quote:
i've seen the pictures of them together vikkor, she wins. i can't win. no matter what i do, might as well have fun

Otherwise known as thrashing around trying to avoid the pain.
FOUND SOUL

Thu 19 Apr, 2012 03:21 am
@MichaelJ,
Quote:

So the girl in the Coffee Shop that pretended to get a pen, like comic books on boobs, penises, fart jokes, she reminded you of Mary:)

OMG...She never bathed eweeeee ...See? Wrong choice of a woman.. That's not what you dream about is it, the wife who doesn't bathe.........................

I still want you to do that flying course... He will be watching... Take some steps..

You're taking NONE.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Thu 19 Apr, 2012 03:22 am
@hawkeye10,
This creates dreams, nightmares... Some of which I believe he has alot of....

Thrashing is a good word.. He's so hung up on past that he, (should be studying) or working, but he's here..

Got to assume someone is doing some good.... Maybe.. .Hopefully.
vikorr

Thu 19 Apr, 2012 03:51 am
@MichaelJ,
Quote:

1 woman = the whole lot of them? Wow...I wonder why I didn't stumble on this earlier. I should ignore the 3.5billion other women on the planet and see Mary's action as the sole representation of what every woman is like. Let me bow down at Mary's feet at the font of all things womanly. No other woman can ever differ from her, or have higher self esteem, or be more honest than her...yep, I'll use her as my example of what every woman should be. In fact, what every other woman does is immaterial...

I think you see the point in being so facetious. You choose one girl who hurt you badly and hold her up as representing the whole lot.

I'm sure we've gone over this sort of ground before...but you keep returning to it. Why? You KNOW it's wrongheaded. You KNOW the effects of your attitude - on both you, and on others, and on any potential relationships.

Why is it easier to keep up this nonsense, rather than embracing reality, and taking responsibility for your life?

Why is so hard actually doing something and sticking at it until you get good at it?

Why is it so hard to work on who you are, for you?

Why is it so hard to embrace attitudes that would bring you more happiness?

Why is it so hard to also seek the goodness in people?

Why is it so hard to try and seek the positives in life?
hawkeye10

Thu 19 Apr, 2012 01:51 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

This creates dreams, nightmares... Some of which I believe he has alot of....

Thrashing is a good word.. He's so hung up on past that he, (should be studying) or working, but he's here..

Got to assume someone is doing some good.... Maybe.. .Hopefully.

In all likelihood if MJ does not wise up the career will be gone soon....he is already creatively dried up and is blowing off work.
0 Replies

Alexandergreat3

Tue 24 Apr, 2012 08:07 am
@MichaelJ,
Could you be more specific as to what your dreams are when you're referring to starting a family?

Are you:

1. Looking for an attractive mate (but haven't been able to)?

or

2. Currently with a mate and are trying to have children, but you're unable to conceive (infertility, physical handicap)?

It would be easier for us to determine if your dreams are unattainable or not if you could be a little more specific.
MichaelJ

Tue 24 Apr, 2012 07:32 pm
@vikorr,
"1 woman = the whole lot of them? Wow...I wonder why I didn't stumble on this earlier. I should ignore the 3.5billion other women on the planet and see Mary's action as the sole representation of what every woman is like. Let me bow down at Mary's feet at the font of all things womanly. No other woman can ever differ from her, or have higher self esteem, or be more honest than her...yep, I'll use her as my example of what every woman should be. In fact, what every other woman does is immaterial..."

I think MAYBE you might be being sarcastic vikorr...

Hahahaha!

I like you Aussies...
0 Replies

MichaelJ

Tue 24 Apr, 2012 07:32 pm
@Alexandergreat3,
1) Yep, can't have one. Not allowed to...

I've already found my answer to the question I proposed.

"Can life have meaning if your dreams are unattainable?"

Answer: No.

So drink. Laugh. Then drink some more.

For life is but a joke...
hawkeye10

Tue 24 Apr, 2012 07:40 pm
@MichaelJ,
So you have given up then. Pity.
MichaelJ

Tue 24 Apr, 2012 07:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yep, I give up. There's no other option. I will ride this crazy train out until it drops me off at death's door.

But guess what hawkeye...?

I'm still employed!

Haha! Sorry for my angry responses to you, I like you too...
FOUND SOUL

Tue 24 Apr, 2012 07:50 pm
@MichaelJ,
Quote:
So you have given up then. Pity.

(Where's the like button? )

Lame. Weak. Wrong. Sad
0 Replies

Alexandergreat3

Wed 25 Apr, 2012 06:08 am
@MichaelJ,
MichaelJ wrote:

1) Yep, can't have one. Not allowed to...

Not allowed by whom? (or are you being sarcastic?)
I haven't read through the previous 38 pages, so my apology in advance if I missed something.

CalamityJane

Wed 25 Apr, 2012 09:13 am
@Alexandergreat3,
Yeah, you missed 38 pages worth of explanations. How on earth could you think to give advice to someone not even reading the subject matter?

Not so great, Alexander, ha?
0 Replies

MichaelJ

Wed 25 Apr, 2012 01:32 pm
@Alexandergreat3,
Sarcastic in the way I said that, but serious in the content of what I said.

Women are impossible, there is no way to ever be good enough for them...
vikorr

Wed 25 Apr, 2012 03:38 pm
@MichaelJ,
Dang, and here I thought they had to be good enough for me Smile
0 Replies

NoSuchThing

Wed 25 Apr, 2012 08:07 pm
The true meaning of life can only be found from those meaningless/passing moments which upon recall turn out to be most meaningful indeed.
vikorr

Wed 25 Apr, 2012 09:21 pm
@NoSuchThing,
I agree that meaning can be found in reflection. I completely disagree that meaning can't be found in the moment.

Making breakfast is usually rather meaningful to me. Eating breakfast even moreso.

Enjoying the present company of friends is meaningful.

Etc.
NoSuchThing

Wed 2 May, 2012 06:22 pm
@vikorr,
These moments only become meaningful afterwards when you try to recall them.
vikorr

Wed 2 May, 2012 08:45 pm
@NoSuchThing,
Is empathy meaningful? Is love meaningful? Is working on a project meaningful? Is working on a new skill meaningful? Is doing something you love meaningful? etc.

There are so many things in the moment that are so meaningful, I wonder how you can miss it?

Certainly reflection can and does add more meaning to our memories...and for things done after reflection it also adds more meaning to those future things...when the future arrives and it is done in the present.

And yet, there had to be that initiating emotion that leant the memory that made it meaningful...those emotions are meaningful in and of themself. 'I love the feeling of warmth I get from doing this'...can be recognised and said, even as you do 'this'

It would be a sad world where meaning couldn't exist in the present.

Meaning by the way, is often interlinked with purpose...and we can do things with purpose, because of their meaning...in the present.

Meaning is often linked with emotion, and we can do things in the present, knowing the emotional rewards (the meaning).

There are multiple different ways in which the same concept (meaning) works. It's not just all found in reflection Smile