Can life have meaning if your dreams are unattainable?

msolga

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 07:53 pm
@MichaelJ,
More to the point, why do you keep posting the same things over & over? Confused
Even you must be bored by now.
MichaelJ

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 07:55 pm
@msolga,
Because they're valid and important.

Maybe other men out there will read this and know they aren't alone.

You're still here ...?
0 Replies

vikorr

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 07:58 pm
@msolga,
Msgola - Michael doesn't wish to accept responsibility for his life. He prefers his lies. I think it's time myself, and other posters accepted that he can choose to be this way.

His other words protesting the contrary (that he's seeking help etc) are just noises he likes making.
MichaelJ

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 07:58 pm
@msolga,
I'll even repeat this again:

"I was at a work party last night. There were quite a few attractive women there. I couldn't have been in a more positive and engaging mood. I dare say I even got a few good belly laughs out people. But I still had no chance whatsoever with any of those women. Despite the fact that SEVERAL of them share many things in common with me (Some were even near my age! Oh my God!), and I'm able to carry on good banter with most of them . "

So it's evident that even with an attitude change and positive circumstances women are impossible.

Women are impossible, women are evil devils. Bottom line.

End of story.

Stand tall against women men!!! Don't let them turn you into something as evil as them!

0 Replies

MichaelJ

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 08:01 pm
@vikorr,
I'm sorry you have been brainwashed by women vikorr.

Thank you for the advice.
vikorr

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 08:04 pm
@MichaelJ,
Ahh...we have got to the trolling stage. Well, at least you aren't protesting that you are seeking help.

When the day ends Michael...remember who is depressed...who can't face life...who has no energy...who lies to themselves...who can't find a positive...who can't achieve there dreams (and the list goes on)...

And remember who is to responsible for this - just you.

Take responsibility, stop lying to yourself, and grow up.
MichaelJ

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 08:10 pm
@vikorr,
Look, it's obvious you're in no position to offer advice if you're unable to have empathy for the situation.

None of you had to agree with my feelings about women in general, but to justify clear cut examples of specific women who have done wrong as being OK is to say that no one should ever consider anyone else besides themselves.

I'm sorry. I don't agree with that.

I may be depressed, but at least my entire life I've considered how my actions affect others.

Do unto others....

Words to live by.
firefly

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 08:52 pm
@MichaelJ,
You feel these two women did you wrong. So, do you just want to go on ranting about that?

Learn from your experiences and move on with your life.

Why do you want to keep prolonging this thread? What's your purpose?

vikorr

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 09:17 pm
@MichaelJ,
Michael - you don't understand empathy if you think that it equals being unconditionally kind to people. Empathy is about understanding where another person is coming from...your position is quite easy to understand.

What I don't have for you is sympathy. I don't have sympathy because you have it within your power to change your life...but you choose not to - you waste your life by choice, and I don't have any sympathy for that. I also don't have sympathy for liars. I don't have sympathy for blame layers. I don't have sympathy for false victims. If you took responsibility for your life, I'd have both empathy & sympathy for your trials.

You want someone to say 'oh poor michael'...but all that would do would be to uphold your self deceptive victimhood. People should get pissed at your incessant whining. They should get pissed off at your unerringly negative attitude. They should get angry at your pathetic victim mentallity...because all these things are anethma to healthy, happy living.

Take responsibility for your life, stop lying to yourself, and start growing.

Quote:
Do unto others....
Did you not recall that I said "If my brother had sunk down into a victim mentallity, I would have slapped him silly until he snapped out of it?" (that's almost figuratively speaking)

I wasn't kidding about that. I have been much kinder to you because you are a stranger, and your circumstances were largely unknown to me. But you have made your mentallity abundantly clear.

I would also hope that if I ever sunk into a pit of despair, that someone would do the same to me that I did for you. Thankfully, once you actively start taking responsibility for your life...hope starts springing up...and more you take responsibility...the more hope comes alive.

As for considering the affects on others of your actions - have you ever thought about the devestating effect your current beliefs and attitudes would have on any woman who ended up with you?
0 Replies

MichaelJ

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 09:17 pm
@firefly,
I was trying to end the thread by putting something positive about treating people good at the end.

"Learn from your experiences and move on with your life."

I'll repeat this yet again:

"I was at a work party last night. There were quite a few attractive women there. I couldn't have been in a more positive and engaging mood. I dare say I even got a few good belly laughs out people. But I still had no chance whatsoever with any of those women. Despite the fact that SEVERAL of them share many things in common with me (Some were even near my age! Oh my God!), and I'm able to carry on good banter with most of them . "

There is NOWHERE to move on to.

Since you people won't say the most important thing about this situation I will:

Even if people treat you wrong, don't do the same things they did. It doesn't make it right. It makes you just as bad as them.

Keep your head up men.
vikorr

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 09:19 pm
@MichaelJ,
Quote:
Keep your head up men.
Seriously? As in :
- keep your head up
- look on the bright side of life
- face life with courage
- never give up
- etc?
MichaelJ

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 09:26 pm
@vikorr,
"Keep your head up men."

Yep, all those things. That's my message to every man out there who still has a chance. Don't let those devils steal your dignity away from you. Don't act the way they do. And to the men who don't have a chance anymore, don't let those devils turn you into something as ugly as them.

Yep, I hope that's clearer...

Do unto others.
vikorr

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 09:41 pm
@MichaelJ,
Quote:
"Keep your head up men."

Yep, all those things. That's my message to every man out there who still has a chance. Don't let those devils steal your dignity away from you. Don't act the way they do. And to the men who don't have a chance anymore, don't let those devils turn you into something as ugly as them.

- You stole your own dignity - and continue to do so, each and every day by your own choice
- You act much worse than they do. I certainly can't think of too many guys worse for a girl than you (apart from domestically violent ones).. perhaps none worse. You would destroy any girls self esteem.
- You don't have a chance because you chose to make yourself that way, and to not further develop yourself
- You are much uglier in spirit than any girl I know (and I know some ugly 'in spirit' girls)

I have some comprehension of where you came from, but can't like what you made of it...you gave up, you abandoned responsibility for yourself, you blamed others...and you talked yourself into hating women for your own failures. What you choose to make of your life is incredibly ugly. You could take responsibility and make yourself into someone 'beautiful'
MichaelJ

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 09:53 pm
@vikorr,
"You would destroy any girls self esteem."

I don't know how this is possible when their self esteem (in large) comes from their knowledge that they own a vagina, and a vagina has more power than anything a man could ever say.

"You act much worse than they do. "

.....uh huh. Yep me pointing out hypocrisy is MUCH worse than lying, cheating, manipulating, and worship of money. .....ok

"You don't have a chance because you chose to make yourself that way, "

Nope I don't have a chance because:

There is NOWHERE to move on to."

Hold strong against Oprah nation men.

Do unto others...
firefly

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 10:02 pm
@MichaelJ,
Quote:
Nope I don't have a chance because...

You are a very unappealing and quite emotionally immature person.

Why on earth would anyone choose to spend the rest of her life with you?
MichaelJ

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 10:19 pm
@firefly,
vikorr,

"You want someone to say 'oh poor michael'...but all that would do would be to uphold your self deceptive victimhood. "

No, I don't. But firefly took every single instance I presented of those two women's actions, and justified their behavior by rationalizing what they did. When I rationalize, I get called "warped" by you. This thread could've gone another way if she hadn't sympathized with them. I didn't want "poor me", but agreeing that stuff is OK is sick.

"You are a very unappealing and quite emotionally immature person."

More emotionally immature than someone who uses people, someone who cheats on people, someone who manipulates people, or someone who lusts after money apparently in your eyes. What does that say about your principles?

But the people who cheat, lie, manipulate, ect don't have to be appealing if they have vaginas...

Hold strong against the devils men.
vikorr

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 10:45 pm
@MichaelJ,
Quote:
No, I don't. But firefly took every single instance I presented of those two women's actions, and justified their behavior by rationalizing what they did. When I rationalize, I get called "warped" by you. This thread could've gone another way if she hadn't sympathized with them. I didn't want "poor me", but agreeing that stuff is OK is sick.

The thing is - none of your mentallity has to do with women...not one iota - you are entirely responsible for your attitude. And that you foist blame onto others, ignore positives, whine, fail to act, focus wholeheartedly on the tiniest negative -all of this on top of an incesant and long term parade of self deception and lies to others...it is a warped, sick, and incredibly ugly attitude & belief system.

All your whining about women - womens state of whatever is meaningless to who you are. It does not control your lot in life...only you are responsible for you.
0 Replies

firefly

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 10:47 pm
@MichaelJ,
Quote:
someone who lusts after money...

You have a real hang-up about money.

Most people want financial stability and financial security. They don't want to spend their lives in debt, or struggling to just get by.

You, on the other hand, have consigned yourself to never having that sense of financial security because your "chosen field" isn't well paying, will never allow you to earn enough to even pay off your student loans, and doesn't even provide you with medical coverage.

That may be how you choose to live, most people want more in the way of financial security. Money is not only important, it's a necessity of life. Your views regarding money are no more mature than your views on anything else.
FOUND SOUL

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 10:48 pm
@MichaelJ,
Firefly looked at it logically and gave an explanation.

Quote:

So, what did you do wrong? Make them laugh and think of you only as a friend? Or did you hit on them so quick they ran?

There is an art in courting a woman..she can't just like your jokes, chemistry, holding onto your words in conversation, you are only mentioning jokes.

Quote:
But the people who cheat, lie, manipulate, ect don't have to be appealing if they have vaginas...

Interesting.. People, man or woman.. But you are referencing that any woman does not have to be appealing to get laid. Who says all women purely only want to get laid? Don't you think that the women want relationships as much as men do and let's face it, you had a few in your youth that you purely, "used"... don't deny it.

You've got to stop hating women, just because you got burnt you remind me of dating sites, where a guy writes all these fantastic words and you meet, and he's got soooo much baggage it's not funny. Oh how he hated his wife, the money he had to give to her, now I just want company, sex, you better have your own money, oh and I'm not marrying Smile

You are just on the foot of non - marriage but the same.. You are carrying so much baggage.
hawkeye10

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 10:54 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
You've got to stop hating women, just because you got burnt you remind me of dating sites, where a guy writes all these fantastic words and you meet, and he's got soooo much baggage it's not funny. Oh how he hated his wife, the money he had to give to her, now I just want company, sex, you better have your own money, oh and I'm not marrying

relationship mating is a meetmarket....if a guy can get away with setting those terms and still get the snatch he is after then more power to him. We are all free to set our terms, surely you agree......
0 Replies