Survivor: One World

Roberta

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 05:23 pm
As I watched last night, I had to wonder whether Jonas had ever seen the show. As a matter of fact, I'm wondering whether most of them have ever seen the show. What a bunch of joiks.

What benefit was there to voting out Jonas?

Not one of the better seasons on survivor.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 10:08 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
The only one at this point (and believe me this is a stretch) that has shown any ounce of intelligence is Troyzan - it appears he was the only one to go and look for the idol - and the only one that (at least not yet) has not revealed to the others he has one.

That's my thinking, too. Laughing
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 02:56 pm
I don't think I like any of them and I'm rapidly losing interest.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 03:06 am
That Kim is some operator. I think she might stand of chance of winning. The men are in trouble.

This was the first episode this season that didn't bore me silly.

However, the challenges are starting to look a lot alike. And the rewards in the reward challenges are too big. I'm remembering back to the days when the people would bid on a candy bar. Survivor ain't the place for luxuries. But they are certainly getting in those noncommercial commercials. Everybody want a 7-Up?
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 07:24 am
@Roberta,
Was it on last night?

Joe(zzzzz)Nation
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 07:36 am
@Roberta,
yeah - at least I feel now someone has a bit of thought and smarts at least a little strategy....the men are doomed unless that have some strategy to pull the two women out layers to side with them.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 02:06 am
Predictable in some ways and interesting in others. I'm totally mystified as to why they voted out Lief. Wouldn't it have made more sense to go after the bigger threat? Tarzan? He came in second in the challenge.

Now that it's clear that the women are holding strong, we'll just have to wait until there are no men left for things to get really interesting--and nasty.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 04:21 am
@Roberta,
Tarzan is an idiot. Troyzan lays out in front of everybody a plan which would have at least gotten him three or four places deeper in the game, what does he do?

He votes for Lief.

Way to go, brother.

Joe(jeezus)Nation
Reyn

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 12:25 pm
@Joe Nation,
Yeah, I thought it was pretty idiotic, too. Troy did have a good plan.

My wife was speculating that maybe Tarzan thought that the votes were going to be split between him or Lief. So, he thought he would tip the scale, maybe?

Either way, you never know how folks are going to go, although figured that Christina and Alicia were going to vote along with the other women, and not Troy.

The only reason that that Kat is still there, as she's useless, as she's part of the alliance. The moment I saw her jump off the beam in the water challenge for no reason, early in the game, she should have been gone.
Roberta

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 12:32 pm
@Reyn,
I agree that Troy's plan was a good one. This group doesn't seem to be big on brains.
Reyn

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 02:56 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I agree that Troy's plan was a good one. This group doesn't seem to be big on brains.

It really was a no-brainer.

Now, the women alliance will pick off the others.

Ho hum...
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 06:14 pm
@Reyn,
Quote:
The only reason that that Kat is still there, as she's useless, as she's part of the alliance. The moment I saw her jump off the beam in the water challenge for no reason, early in the game, she should have been gone.

"Hey, there's bacon on this BLT!"
(need we say more?)
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 02:01 pm
What can be said about last night's episode, except bloody predictable again? Mad

Of course Alicia and Christina didn't vote out Kim or Chelsie (sticking with Tarzan), resulting in Tarzan getting voted out.

Alicia's comment about Kim: Maybe she's playing me? Duh! Rolling Eyes

As it is, it looks fairly obvious to me that Kim will win.
Roberta

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 02:09 pm
@Reyn,
I'm guessing that none of these people has ever watched the show. Get rid of the biggest threat. Kim should have been gone weeks ago.

Linkat

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 02:12 pm
@Roberta,
Could some one tell me why Kim gets invited on all the rewards? Does she have some magic over the others that they just fall all over her? I think it was Chelsie would said something along the lines of when Kim talks with her blue eyes you just believe her.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 03:19 pm
She's the calmest competitor since the little old lady won Africa.

Joe(so sweet)Nation
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 04:15 pm
I actually watched about half an hour of this last night!

I haven't watched Survivor in forever.

I was bored. Sad

It's more interesting if you KNOW the people, and can see how much weight they've lost and how much they need that extra sustenance, etc. But.

I kind of liked Alicia, but Tarzan seemed really doofusish and it was pretty predictable he was going to get offed. (I watched from the end of the reward challenge, through the reward, to a little bit post-reward when Kim successfully wooed Alicia back).
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 07:45 pm
@Roberta,
I so agree with you!

Also, I'm sure none of these players would have watched previous shows. Can they not see a big blindside coming (Alicia).
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 05:35 pm
Tonight is the season finale. I have been a fan of this show since I was a kid but I will admit this season hasn’t been my favorite, with the exception of Jay, now that is one cute boy!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 11:43 pm
Well, after tonight's finale, so ends one of the worst seasons of Survivor, in my opinion.

So much of this season was utterly predictable, including Kim's win.

I can't believe they brought back the "fallen comrades" segment! Mad What a bunch of bull. Nothing but a time filler.

Next season better be better! Mad