Survivor: One World

Green Witch

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 07:53 am
@Roberta,
I think it's always dull for the first 6 episodes, but you have to watch to get to know the players. Real strategy doesn't take place until the numbers dwindle.
Reyn

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 08:53 am
@Green Witch,
Yes, what would happen at the merge?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 12:18 pm
@Green Witch,
This wasn't just dull. It was irritating. I have a fair tolerance for dullth. Not much for being annoyed.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 03:39 pm
@Roberta,
Well, it's always irritating when there is no one to like. I prefer if a couple of players look like they have potential to be good manipulators early on, but so far these people are mostly whiners or bullies. I bet the producers will want to shake things up as much as we want them to and they will force a shift in the teams. I think they have done it before when all the players are trudging along in rut and then some people are given a chance to switch tribes.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 06:53 pm
I think the women should have been able to vote Colton out... It's too bad they couldn't.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 02:32 am
Getting to know the players. Why would the men choose someone so inarticulate to give directions? And the same person seems a bit scattered for puzzle-doing.

The members of the male rooster alliance must be all muscle and no brain. Even I know that four is less than half of nine. One of them was bound to get voted out at the first opportunity.

I grow more and more annoyed with the women. They've got a steenkin' flint. Make a steenkin' fire. And don't make deals speaking for your whole tribe without discussing those deals first.

I am growing increasingly annoyed. Not enjoying myself at all. Will I keep watching? Not sure.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 07:22 am
I thought this was the first time things got interesting. The women really are pathetic with their attitude that the men should share but they shouldn't have to share anything in return. I was sure their boat was going to sink in the storm because no one would remember to drag it high enough onto the beach, I had no sympathy for the wet bedraggled lot of them. They still need to get rid of that airhead Kat. She only won her round at the memory puzzle because the guy was even more hopeless. Matt was good eye-candy, but really had no strategy other than being threatening. I'm sticking around at least until Coltan gets a knife in his back.
Reyn

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 08:46 am
@Green Witch,
Agreeing with all what you guys say above!

Green Witch wrote:

The women really are pathetic with their attitude that the men should share but they shouldn't have to share anything in return.

Yeah, I thought it really was laughable. It would be a lot different if they lived on separate beaches.

And then they had an attitude after the challenge was complete. What? Don't they kinda owe the guys one?

So far, I'm having trouble picking anyone out of the whole bunch that I would want to win the million. If I had to pick someone right now, maybe I would pick Leif.

Roberta

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 09:59 am
@Reyn,
I'd pick Sabrina.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 12:38 pm
Just last night I realized that the man team had a dwarf... I must not be paying enough attention.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 12:57 pm
@McGentrix,
I only noticed him last week. I originally thought it was some guy who was sitting down a lot. He really hasn't been focused on much at all.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 03:03 pm
@McGentrix,
That's Leif.
0 Replies

Mattingly

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 03:10 pm
I don't care for the nelly little queen and I dislike him even more now that I know he's a gay republican, that's like an african american joining the kkk.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 03:21 pm
If I see Colton do one more eye or head roll, I'd like to slap his face. Mad This guy is obnoxious plus!

As for yesterday's show, meh!

I have to say that, so far, this has been my least favourite season. I really hope it picks up.

I can see why no one is really bothered to comment. Laughing
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 03:44 pm
This is becoming painful. Why were two women who were admittedly not good at puzzle paired together?

I still can't figure out the so-called betrayal. I still can't figure out why it was necessary to get someone out so fast.

I'm annoyed and not engrossed.
boomerang

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 04:05 pm
I thought last night's episode was interesting.

The girls failed spectacularly at the challenge and still didn't have to go to tribal.

And the guys -- what a bunch of meatheads. They all had to agree to give up immunity so why in the hell did people who knew they were on the chopping block agree? That was so stupid. So much can change in just a matter of days.

Why are they not talking about blindsiding Colton? He's so over confident that he won't play the idol.

I have to admit that I like it when there's an obvious villain.

I think the first 6-7 episodes of every season are kind of boring but last night was so bizarre as to be the exception.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 06:50 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
I'm annoyed and not engrossed.

Ditto. Not sure if I'll watch it to the end if it keeps up like this.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 05:43 pm
A complete tribal shake-up. Very interesting. It would be even more interesting if the tribes were a bit more evenly divided.

I'm stupefied that no one has targeted Colton. Why is he wielding such power.

It seemed stupid to vote out the strongest person on the tribe.

Stupefied, mystified, but a little less bored.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 06:38 pm
@Roberta,
I think the producers realized they had a snooze of a show and did the right thing. Yes, it's too bad the tribe are so lopsided athletic wise, but at least it will be less predictable in terms of alliances. Coltan seems to have hypnotic powers over some of these people. Other than that I can't explain the psychology of why they are doing what he wants without even examining the bigger picture that would show his strategy will only benefit him.
Reyn

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 07:35 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

I think the producers realized they had a snooze of a show and did the right thing.

Yeah, exactly! It was really obvious as to why they did what they did.

Hopefully, this means no more men vs women, young vs old, etc, type shows.

And, also, no more everyone living on one beach. What a daft idea that was!

I would love to see Colton get blindsided! But, I fear these people are too stupid to figure that out.
0 Replies