Janet Jackson breast exposed during halftime show

kickycan

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 04:54 pm
Has this thread finally run out of steam? Not to worry, I'm sure after the grammys tonight it will be re-energized with a vengeance!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:05 pm
kjvtrue wrote:
Montana wrote:
In case you didn't know, we were all born naked and if you want to walk around being ashamed of your body, then that's your choice, but don't go around insulting people simply because they don't have your self righteous homophobic attitude!!!
I'm not ashamed of my body, because I don't show my boobs to the public. Who's insulting whom? "I'm just proving a point, it looks like your the one doing the insulting!" You forgot to use the Spellchecker, because I couldn't find such word as homophobic in the Dictionary.

I think it's hysterical that "you", of all people are talking to me about my spelling.

Time for a new dictionary dear. How "dose" that sound?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:47 pm
I had no problem finding thr word in a dictionary. This is from Encarta.

Quote:
ho·mo·pho·bic [ hmə fṓbik ]

adjective

having irrational hatred of homosexuality: showing an irrational hatred, disapproval, or fear of homosexuality, homosexual men and lesbians, and their culture
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 10:02 pm
Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Quote:
Main Entry: ho·mo·pho·bia
Pronunciation: "hO-m&-'fO-bE-&
Function: noun
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 10:16 pm
if they can't use a spell check how the heck can they use a dictionary...OMFG @ least they're good for a laugh...:-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 10:24 pm
Yes, lots of laughs for sure ;-)
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 10:40 pm
That's for sure! Laughing
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 12:54 am
Did any of you see Andy Rooney on 60 Minutes Sunday evening? I don't always agree with Andy Rooney's comments, although for the most part I guess I do! But tonight I think he was bang on. And, as always, I love Mr. Rooney's dry wit! Maybe the last word for this thread should be from the guy who gets the last word on 60 Minutes.

Andy Rooney's Commentary on 60 Minutes

(Click on the link under "Free Video" or the pic of Andy Rooney's Super Bowl cap to see the video.)
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 01:11 pm
2 Grammys for the flavor of the moment.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 02:39 pm
That just proves my theory that the grammy awards mean absolutely nothing, and the awards are given based on absolutely nothing.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 02:43 pm
A dead guy and a guy who is deathly ill won too, because they were dead and deathly ill. It has nothing to do with who is the "best".
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 02:52 pm
Just because they are given to someone you don't like?

That is like me saying the Beatles suck and mean absolutely nothing, but we all know that isn't true.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 03:11 pm
It is so obvious they are given to people for reasons other than merit. What a coincidence that Warren Zevon, a guy whose record sold about twelve copies, but just happens to be dead, wins a grammy. I like Warren Zevon, and I have no problem with them giving a grammy to him. But why pretend that the grammys actually mean something? It's just a show. The fact that Justin Timberlake won a grammy means absolutely nothing.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 04:15 pm
Speaking of back in the day, back in another day, the Grammy voters didn't even consider rock music at all. It was a long time before they even considered the stuff. I could be wrong, but I don't recall the Beatles winning any, and that continued for many groups after them.

So, agreed, they mean nothing. And never did. But then, I feel that way about most award shows. I mean, does your favorite artist have to win a Grammy to validate your liking him or her? And if Justin Timberlake wins one, does that make him a better singer or mean you gotta like him?
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 05:35 pm
Gettin an award is nice. You feel like you are apprecated. Down playing the importance doesn't make it not.

I highly doubt you will find a singer who wouldn't want to get a Grammy. Now you might find people say they don't want them but that is because they never won. And the day they do they may not show up to accept but I bet they would be signing UPS and putting that thing somewhere nice.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 05:38 pm
Can't disagree with you, BlueMonkey, about people enjoying getting these awards. I'm just saying they have little to do with what movies I think are best, what singers and groups I like, what books I admire.

Though, admittedly, if an obscure artist I like wins, it's kinda cool. But that's a weakness on my part.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 05:40 pm
True. I agree.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 11:26 pm
How many others both celebrated and laughed when Tull won the grammy for "Best Heavy Metal Album," for Crest of a Knave? Very Happy
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 12:51 am
How about 50 Cent trying to steal the spotlight from Evenesence? How unlike him.

It isn't like he has not have enough spotlight this year. I mean he was shot 6, 9, 12 oh he was shot a lot of times. He was everywhere and he just had to be a freakin loser and walk up on stage.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 12:58 am
One of the best parts of the night for me was Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters. One of the last remaining true rock'n'rollers. And did you see Sting in his kilt? Interesting choice.
0 Replies