Internet dating is bad for relationships

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:15 am
Uhm....breathing? *LOL*

Well...a guy can be entirely compatible and unless the chemistry is there, it likely won't go beyond a friendship. Don't you agree? Smile

Particular qualities....hmmmm....just the usual....honesty, intelligence, confidence (without being arrogant or cocky)....total and utter devotion to ME!! *L* Uhm...a GOOD sense of humour...(why do men always think they have a good one when it's really bad? Wink Probably outgoing because I tend to be an interovert. It's the yin and yang thing...someone who complements, you know? Gee...I could go on and on! I like 'em tall, although that's not a requirement. I also like deep voices, again not a requirement....as long as they don't sound like Michael Jackson...eeep!

Whatchya got in your bag o' men? *big grin*
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:19 am
Hmmmm..... Let me open this here bag o' men and see if I can't pick you a winer ;-)
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:28 am
Oh, no whinos please! Or winers for that matter. *L*

Forgot one VERY important part. He's gotta be a non-smoker. No if, ands or "butts" about it. Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:31 am
That's quite a tall order Caprice and I'm not sure if that is on the menu Shocked
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:49 am
Non-smokers not on the menu? Awww! *pouts*

And no whinos either?

Sheesh!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:58 am
Ok, Lets see what we have here.

Honesty
Intelligence
Confidence without being arrogent or cocky
Total Utter devotion to you
Good sense of humour
Outgoing
Someone who compements
Tall
Deep voice, no Michael Jackson voice
Non-smoker
No winers
No whinos

I just may need my magic wand for that one Caprice ;-)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 05:21 am
I think what scares me is the increasing number of kids who are meeting and dating through the internet. If they are not savvy, it can be a dangerous road indeed.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 05:52 am
kickycan wrote:
Wow, when I started this thread, I didn't know I was going to find an internet dating success story! Cool! You guys look like a fun couple. Are you guys married?

No, we are not. Personally i have discussed this in public with strangers often, who want to know why i am travelling, and i hear again and again of people who meet on-line and date, and then marry. In my sweetiepie's neighborhood, a woman with (i believe) three children met a man from Texas on-line and married him, moving there with her children. A woman from England whom my Sweetiepie knew at her last job had met a Canajun man on-line, and eventually crossed the pond and married him. My personal take is the same as those here who have said that its just one more place to meet people.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:39 am
Montana wrote:
Ok, Lets see what we have here.

Honesty
Intelligence
Confidence without being arrogent or cocky
Total Utter devotion to you
Good sense of humour
Outgoing
Someone who compements
Tall
Deep voice, no Michael Jackson voice
Non-smoker
No winers
No whinos

I just may need my magic wand for that one Caprice ;-)

Sorry, but I am already spoken for Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 01:14 pm
Yup, that's what I figured ebrown.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:00 pm
Just one question: Are there any men on here? I mean men, not you guys who are married and have traded in your man status to please your wife.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:05 pm
kickycan wrote:
Just one question: Are there any men on here? I mean men, not you guys who are married and have traded in your man status to please your wife.

I am a man. I am married but I manage to please my wife without forfeiting my man status.

Do I sense a little bit of bitterness?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:29 pm
kickycan wrote:

Sure there are, but they're not always within arms reach.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:44 pm
ebrown, you have forfeited your man status, it's just been so long since you did it, that you don't remember what it was like to be a man. Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:59 pm
Kickycan
I think that statement is out of line. What makes you think a man loses his "man status" simply because he's married. What is going through your head. If that's the kind of control you think women should have over men, then your head is in the wrong place. A relationship is a give and take situation, not a lose yourself deal!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 03:03 pm
Montana,

I'm just breaking ebrown's balls.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 03:04 pm
It's a man thing. You wouldn't understand.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 03:08 pm
Alrighty then. I'll just slither on out of here for now.

By the way, you'd be surprised how much I understand about men. I spent the majority of my life where most of my friends have been men, so sometimes it's the women I don't understand ;-)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 03:10 pm
Quote:
It's a man thing.

Sounds more like a "boy" thing to me. A mature male does not have this problem. A kid does!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 03:12 pm
Right you are, Phoenix.
0 Replies