Internet dating is bad for relationships

ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 06:11 pm
Omigawd, Caprice has stumbled! Sad
Are you o.k.?
Should we call a doctor Shocked

How about peppermintpatiodog? No. He's training to be a vet.

Caprice! Speak to us!
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 07:15 pm
I think your avatar cured me ehBeth. Is it....skin? A tattoo?!?!?!?

Why do I feel like I should be covering my eyes! It's like I've seen you....nekkid or something. Eeeep!

Shocked
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 07:20 pm
eBeth and i met "on-line" about three and half years ago . . .
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 07:44 pm
Setanta: I kinda figured that you two met online after I read ehBeth's tale of her encounter with a Customs officer during a border crossing. Wink

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=525226#525226
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 07:46 pm
My above comment reflected seeing SKIN!!!!!! as ehBeth's avatar.

It is skin, isn't it? I mean...it's a tattoo? Am I wrong? Hallucinating? Did my stumble create a traumatic head injury rendering me incable of seeing things properly? *bites nails*
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 08:29 pm
It's my skin. But I'm not nekkid. I'm wearing too much polar fleece to be considered nekkid. :wink:

My previous avatar was making me feel cold. Skin is warmer? Well, no. But I couldn't find the pic I was looking for. But I will.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 08:30 pm
Are you feeling better now, Caprice? I was gettin' kinda worried after that stumble.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 08:49 pm
ehBeth: But it's NEKKID skin!!! Well...aside from the tattoo that is. Wink

So what pic were you looking for? Something warmer you said? I uh....*freezes for a moment with the thought of a 'warmer' image of Setanta and ehBeth together*

I think I shall go lie down for a bit. Feelin' a little woozy again.

Eeeeep!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 09:08 pm
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QwDOAvIThqB7nTB2CPO15qWBq1Ty4scA*feXCTuNZfI79!Glywsgb3Y4KfVyFKKCusOXWYF9YJwXTFEhdkp9lM7e!I!AqjB6FLWEnBp*HyY/Salem07.jpg?dc=4675328133552465789

well, that was a very warm day

but not quite what i had in mind
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 09:53 pm
Aw, great picture!!
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 10:37 pm
ehBeth: Nice pic! But not quite as warm as the image I had. *bites lip*

Where IS my mind? *blames it all on the stumble*
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 10:45 pm
yes, a really nice picture..
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 11:55 pm
Wow, when I started this thread, I didn't know I was going to find an internet dating success story! Cool! You guys look like a fun couple. Are you guys married?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 01:03 am
kickycan wrote:
Setanta, don't worry! It's out there on the internet for the taking! ehbeth and smiley, you guys seem to be doubting my idea that men don't want long-term relationships. I'm saying that men have a natural tendency to want a variety of women. Bill Maher says sometimes, "Men are only as faithful as their options." While I don't believe that is true in all cases, I do believe that for the overwhelming majority of men, let's not kid ourselves, that is absolutely the case. And if you had ever joined an internet dating site, you would see that it definitely plays into that mentality. There's always another one waiting somewhere online, and once guys realize that they don't have to conform to commitment-minded women, they won't. It's just a trend I see, not a personal judgment.

That's crap!
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 01:07 am
Wilso wrote:
That's crap!

Don't hold back now! We all know that you're not one to always speak your mind! Wink

Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 01:37 am
I don't believe that either. I think most single men and women would just love to find the right one, but it's not that easy, especially as you get older. I know a lot of guys who are looking for love and are just having a hard time finding the right person for them. If anything, it seems that more women today are shying away from commitment.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 01:41 am
Montana wrote:
I don't believe that either. I think most single men and women would just love to find the right one, but it's not that easy, especially as you get older. I know a lot of guys who are looking for love and are just having a hard time finding the right person for them. If anything, it seems that more women today are shying away from commitment.

What??? You've been holding out on me Montana! Send one of those guys my way. *heh*
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 01:51 am
Unfortunately Caprice, none of them are in Canada. There's actually one of them that I'd love to scoop up myself ;-)
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:04 am
Montana: No problem. I'm transportable! *L* In fact, I may be *fingers crossed* heading south of the border for a job.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:10 am
Is that right? Well, I'm gonna have to do some talking on your behalf then. Any particular qualities you like in a man?
0 Replies