Anyone able to translate English to 'old latin'????

Ravus Scientia

Fri 2 Apr, 2021 10:54 pm
@izzythepush,
Okay, my personal saying is: I'm only nice once, then you see my nasty side. When it is obviously a request and the person is obviously fine with them saying no and really didn't expect anyone to say anything, I still see no point to your comment. I asked if anyone could possibly give me a hand, no one had to help me. No one even had to answer me. But still George (thank you for coming back to answer, I think I will take that idea on making my own language, it sounds fun) came back and said that he was unable to help me cause it was so long. And I am so freaking cool with that!!!! He actually gave me a amazing idea to work with, one that I personally wouldn't have thought of if I hadn't plopped down on here and had George recommend it to me. So really, insult me all you want for requesting help then saying I'm demanding too much. Cause sometimes in the end.....kickin stuff comes out of it.
Ravus Scientia

Fri 2 Apr, 2021 11:01 pm
@George,
Thanks but I don't want to put that strain on you your idea of making up a language strictly for that world however has really caught my interest and I believe that is what I will do. Thank you for taking the time to get back to me 😁
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 3 Apr, 2021 12:49 am
@Ravus Scientia ,
I have not insulted you in any way.

I have just told you how things are.

If you need to take offence when people tell you the truth you’re going spend a lot of time being offended.
0 Replies

Bruce Stockler

Sun 27 Feb, 2022 08:13 am
@George,
George: Could you please translate this for me into Archaic/Old Latin: "Daughters of the Waters" or "Water". Thank you so much!
--Bruce
George

Sun 27 Feb, 2022 08:14 pm
@Bruce Stockler,
Filiae Aquarum --> Daughters of the Waters
Filiae Aquae --> Daughters of the Water
Bruce Stockler

Mon 28 Feb, 2022 06:59 am
@George,
Thank you so much!!!
--Bruce
George

Thu 3 Mar, 2022 03:34 pm
@Bruce Stockler,
My pleasure
0 Replies

The Anointed

Thu 3 Mar, 2022 07:32 pm
@George,
George, do you think that the Masoretes in Tiberias, Israel, around 930 C.E. could have translated the Aleppo Codex, which is considered to be the most authoritative copy of the Hebrew bible today, from Jerome's old Latin translation of the Hebrew bible that was still in existence in his day?

It is unknown from which copy of the Hebrew scriptures the Aleppo Codex was translated almost a thousand years after Jesus, but knowing that the Roman Church of Emperor Constantine had any and all Christian literature of those who opposed their teachings, burned, I don’t believe that there would be too much Hebrew literature to be found in the Roman Empire in those days.

George

Sat 5 Mar, 2022 07:01 pm
@The Anointed,
Nope
The Anointed

Sat 5 Mar, 2022 11:36 pm
@George,
Quote:
NOPE

If by saying 'NOPE,' are you saying that the Masoretes in Tiberias, Israel, around 930 C.E. could 'NOT' have translated the Aleppo Codex, which is considered to be the most authoritative copy of the Hebrew bible today, from Jerome's old Latin translation of the Hebrew bible that was still in existence in his day?

If that is the case, surely you are not suggesting they translated the Aleppo Codex, from the Greek translation of the Hebrew bible that was still in existence some three hundred year or more before Jesus. Because the Aleppo Codex and Jerome's Latin translation both contain the same contradictions against the Septuagint.

Both the Hebrew bible and the Roman OT, erroneously state that the Israelites were in Egypt for 430 years to the very day, while the Septuagint correctly reveals that Abraham and his descendants were in both Canaan and Egypt for 430 years, 215 years in Canaan and 215 years in Egypt.

The father of Shelah is mentioned only twice in the Hebrew bible and the Roman OT: In Genesis 11: 12; it is written, when Arpachshad was 35 he had a son, 'Shelah, and in 1 chronicles 18 it is also said in both books that Arpachshad was the father of Shelah.

Whereas in the Septuagint in Genesis 11: 12; it is said that Arpachshad is the father of Cainan/Kainam, who was the father of Shelah, as does Luke in 3: 36.

It is also said in the book of Jubilees which is generally believed to have been written much earlier than the 2nd century B. C., Long, long, before the Aleppo Codex, that Kainam/Cainan, was the son of Arpachshad, as seen below.

Jubilees [Chapter 8] 1 In the twenty-ninth jubilee, in the first week, [1373 A.M.] in the beginning thereof Arpachshad took to himself a wife and her name was Rasu’eja, the daughter of Susan, the daughter of Elam, and she 2 bare him a son in the third year in this week, [1375 A.M.] and he called his name Kainam. And the son grew, and his father taught him writing, and he went to seek for himself a place where he might seize for 3 himself a city. And he found a writing which former (generations) had carved on the rock, and he read what was thereon, and he transcribed it and sinned owing to it; for it contained the teaching of the Watchers in accordance with which they used to observe the omens of the sun and moon and 4 stars in all the signs of heaven. And he wrote it down and said nothing regarding it; for he was 5 afraid to speak to Noah about it lest he should be angry with him on account of it. And in the thirtieth jubilee, [1429 A.M.] in the second week, in the first year thereof, he took to himself a wife, and her name was Melka, the daughter of Madai, the son of Japheth, and in the fourth year [1432 A.M.] he begat a son, and 6 called his name Shelah; for he said: ’Truly I have been sent.’

It is astonishing just how many errors are found in Jerome's translation, which errors appear to have been duplicated by the Masoretes in Tiberias Israel around 930 C. E.

George

Sun 6 Mar, 2022 09:01 am
@The Anointed,
Not at all
The Anointed

Sun 6 Mar, 2022 03:36 pm
@George,
Quote:
Not at all

Ah well, you're entitled to your erroneous opinions George.
izzythepush

Sun 6 Mar, 2022 05:11 pm
@The Anointed,
And you're not entitled to his attention.
The Anointed

Sun 6 Mar, 2022 06:00 pm
@izzythepush,
And you think that you know why he is too afraid to confront me in a debate on the Bible, perhaps he learned his Latin in the dark cloisters of the church that is renown for more than its religious teachings.

Just a thought.
izzythepush

Sun 6 Mar, 2022 07:08 pm
@The Anointed,
Afraid?

You don't inspire fear you dull little man, jumping into a thread with your own half baked religious ideas, calling everyone kiddo, and generally being obnoxious.

You're a boor, annoying, tedious, argumentative, opinionated and a general all round pain in the arse which is why nobody wants to talk to you.

And that's what you're too afraid to admit kiddo.
izzythepush

Sun 6 Mar, 2022 07:10 pm
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Just a thought.

I wouldn't call it that.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Sun 6 Mar, 2022 07:22 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You're a boor, annoying, tedious, argumentative, opinionated and a general all round pain in the arse which is why nobody wants to talk to you.
Quote:

Yeh! I realise that you are one of those nobodies who don't want to talk to me, good to see that you call yourself for what you are izzythepush. BTW Izzy what do you push?
izzythepush

Sun 6 Mar, 2022 07:35 pm
@The Anointed,
Nothing, you're the one trying to ram your ideology down people's throats.

I don't give a monkey's what people believe, as long as they're not preaching hate they're fine by me.

Instead of being obsessed with obscure bits of scripture why not try being nice to people for once. Isn't that what Christ is all about anyway, being nice to one another, not condemning other groups be they Catholics or whatever?

Like I said I don't care what people believe as long as they're not spreading hate and you're not the love your neighbour sort, more of a sheep and goats sort of a guy.

So many goats, so many goats.

Btw, my user name is a literary character, and if you'd read any literature you'd know that.
The Anointed

Sun 6 Mar, 2022 08:01 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Isn't that what Christ is all about anyway, being nice to one another, not condemning other groups be they Catholics or whatever?

And Jesus was loving and compassionate to the average punters, but what did Jesus call those Pharisees and Jewish authorities who were teaching against the teachings of our heavenly Father? Hypocrites, liars, sons of Satan, serpents and vipers, etc, and what did he do to those thieving money changers and stall holders who were desecrating the House of the Lord?

He went back to Bethany that night and made himself a whip and next morning returned and turned their stall and money exchange tables over and flogged the crap out of them, driving them out of the temple grounds like a mob of swine.

So, why shouldn't a follower of Jesus, be an imitator of him?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 7 Mar, 2022 03:18 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

BTW Izzy what do you push?

Aftershave.

https://viz.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/012_viz163_roger.jpg