Anyone able to translate English to 'old latin'????

CZDiesel

Mon 20 Mar, 2017 06:33 pm
@George,
Thank you George! The quote is for "that" I love... Also can you tell me what era of latin you translated it to?
George

Tue 21 Mar, 2017 09:05 am
@CZDiesel,
Classical.

But my translation assumed "what", so it is incorrect.

I'm not sure what "For that I love" means.
0 Replies

mbrotto

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 10:57 am
@George,
Hi George ! I was hoping you could translate the following for me Smile

TRUTH ABOVE ALL ELSE

STRENGTH (as in inner strength)

thanks !!
George

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 11:48 am
@mbrotto,
POTISSIMUM VERITAS

VIRTUS
0 Replies

Cherieg

Mon 12 Jun, 2017 09:24 pm
Hi, this question is for Gearge, I was wondering what moonlight eagle would be in old Latin?
George

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 06:10 am
@Cherieg,
I don't know what you mean by "moonlight eagle".
Is it an eagle composed of moonlight?
An eagle in the moonlight?
0 Replies

Kevin1516

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 07:02 pm
@George,
Dear George, could you translate "Tereza, I love you still, you're my pretty lie". To Archaic Latin please:)
George

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 06:00 am
@Kevin1516,
I don't know "Archaic Latin".
0 Replies

martian1

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 01:25 pm
Hello George!

Can you help me confirm a translation? Is the correct transaltion of the phrase "We live in water", "In aqua vivmus"? Much appreciation for any info you can provide. Cheers!
George

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 04:40 pm
@martian1,
Possible typo. it should be vivimus instead of vivmus. Otherwise, OK!
martian1

Sun 2 Jul, 2017 05:33 pm
@George,
Thank you George!
George

Mon 3 Jul, 2017 06:49 am
@martian1,
You're welcome
0 Replies

Parkerkirksmith

Tue 31 Mar, 2020 10:34 am
@George,
Please still be around George. Can you translate “work hard” and “do good”
George

Tue 31 Mar, 2020 11:54 am
@Parkerkirksmith,
labora dure

fac bonum
0 Replies

Ravus Scientia

Wed 31 Mar, 2021 01:01 pm
I have a really long request for an old Latin translation for a story I'm writing. If anyone could help it would be the best in the world since I can't find translations anywhere!!! Thus follows what I'd like to have translated.

Sorry for my disturbance last night gentlemen, but I couldn't help but notice this pretty little gem you carry with you. She's quite the lovely little thing, not to mention the fire kindling within her. I do hope you won't mind if I borrow her. Although borrow isn't quite the correct word since I really don't intend to give her back. She truly will make a lovely addition to my collection. Unless I decide to sell her. With her lovely eyes and truly gorgeous hair, she should fetch a fair price at market. Though if you wish to try and reclaim her from me, well by all means, come and try! Though if I were you, I would hurry. With her lovely features, she'll be sold quite quickly! To give you a hint since this world is such a large and wonderfully intricate place, full of cracks and crevices to hide in, I have swept your princess off to an Imperial base. Perhaps somewhere nearby, perhaps somewhere far away. Although...I will tell you this for sure. Do hurry, if I keep her, she won't live very long without anything to sustain her. Fair well!

This is a story about vampires being sold off to be killed so I thought a letter in old Latin would be a good way to amp up the realism of it. Thank you for translating it if you can. You really are helping me!!!
izzythepush

Wed 31 Mar, 2021 02:00 pm
@Ravus Scientia ,
“Old Latin,” is meaningless. There’s Classical Latin which is what the Romans used to speak and there’s Medieval Latin which is what the monks used to write. They’re both pretty old.

I’m sure George will be along in a minute to give a definitive answer.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 31 Mar, 2021 02:17 pm
@Ravus Scientia ,
Also that’s quite a chunk of text you want translating. It’s not a phrase for a tattoo or an insignia or something like that.

It's unreasonable to expect someone to translate that for free. You should try some of the professional translating sites out there, it shouldn’t cost too much.
Ravus Scientia

Fri 2 Apr, 2021 01:14 pm
@izzythepush,
My full reply would be quite rude so all I will say is, I am still in grade school, I have no job, my parents don't know I write and would not support me for something that I have not even finished. I want to be discovered as an author but it will be a while before this is done. Forgive me if even this sounds rude but it irks me when people assume things. I didn't demand it to be translated I asked and said it would really help if it could be.
izzythepush

Fri 2 Apr, 2021 01:17 pm
@Ravus Scientia ,
I didn’t assume anything. You asked for someone to translate a load of text. I told you that would cost, that’s how the world works.
George

Fri 2 Apr, 2021 05:57 pm
As Izzy pointed out, that is a lot of text. I'm not skilled enough to translate all
of that quickly. If you like, I could work on it a bit at a time, but it would take
a while.

Another option is to make up your own language like those in The Lord of the
Rings or Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) books. It might be fun.