War! The fear mongering is here, again!

RABEL222

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 03:16 pm
I fear that Israel will lead us into another war that we dont need because our politicians are once again being led by a minority.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 03:30 pm
@RABEL222,
What's wrong with minorites?

Sound like you are a racist.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 03:32 pm
@InfraBlue,
If so, isn't it better that Israel assassinates a relatively small number of key Iranians than start dropping bombs on areas they believe contain nuclear facilites?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 04:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

What's wrong with minorites?

Sound like you are a racist.

That's quite an impressive bit of deliberate misinterpretation, so you can make this about something else entirely.

Normally, the majority opinion tends to hold sway in a democracy. In a totalitarian regime a small minority usually calls the shots.
Irishk

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 04:16 pm
@InfraBlue,
Probably. Wasn't us, that's for sure. Smile
http://www.investors.com/image/RAMFNLclr-011112-iran-IBD.jpg.cms
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 04:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I think that both approaches would have their negative consequences. In the case of a bomb attack on suspected nuclear facilities there might be innocent people being killed as a result. In the case of assassinations, the people being murdered are themselves innocent of any wrongdoing that would justify their murders. That they were nuclear scientists and working on Iran's nuclear program does not warrant their murder.

The best course of action would be for the state of Israel to give up its ethnocentrically motivated Zionist regime, that to exist necessarily oppresses and discriminates against the Palestinian peoples, and instead replace that regime with a more egalitarian and pluralistic form of government that enfranchises all of the peoples in Israel/Palestine.
BillRM

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 04:31 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
That they were nuclear scientists and working on Iran's nuclear program does not warrant their murder.

They was working to place weapons of mass murder in the hands of madmen so they are targets.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 04:33 pm
@InfraBlue,
It's a terrorist act, so Iran should take it to the security council.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 04:48 pm
@BillRM,
Madmen? What makes them "madmen?"
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 05:02 pm
@InfraBlue,
Bill has problems empathising without anyone outside his immediate sphere of interesting. He finds the world outside America strange and incomprehensible. The only way he can cope with people who don't share his exact values is to label them mad.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 06:09 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
They're accusing the spy agencies of the U.S., Israel and Great Britain, at least that's what I've read from one source. I don't think they'll know for sure unless they catch the guys on the motorcycle and even if they did that there's no guarantee they'd talk. Can they go to the Security Council even if they don't know for sure who's responsible?

What if they did it themselves? It would be a great twist in a spy novel, because who knows for sure if the dead scientist is really who they say it is? If they fake his death, they could then hide him deep in a bunker somewhere to keep working on the project. I love a good mystery!
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 06:23 pm
@Irishk,
They can go to the security council for general condemnation. The main cause for concern is they're not even bothering to go the legal route. There will be a response, and I suppose there's extra security at various embassies around the world tonight. An American/Iranian citizen has just been sentenced to death for spying. He says he was just going to visit his grandma, but he's an ex marine, and he's designed a computer game called assault on Iran or something similar. If I'd done that, Grandma would have to be content with phonecalls.

More importantly it means they think international law is just there for the benefit of rich nations
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 10:18 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
There's probably an Om Sig Ben Ali Dave in Iran, who believes all Americans hate Moslems,
and that the CIA caused 9/11 to give them an excuse to invade Iraq.
As I already indicated,
it is presumable that many Moslems don't care about us,
but too many of their leaders r very dangerous; intolerably so to Americans.
Thay 'd love a nuclear 9/11.

We need our leaders to stop that from
happening before it actually DOES.

David

P.S.
I 'm a little skeptical that Mensa is active in Iran,
tho admittedly, I have not inquired into that.

Maybe it was during the reign of the Shah. I dunno.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 10:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
If so, isn't it better that Israel assassinates a relatively small number
of key Iranians than start dropping bombs on areas they believe contain nuclear facilites?
What thay did in Iraq worked pretty well.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 10:51 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Y not ?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 02:28 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I've answered that question Dave. When countries start to lose faith in international law it's worrying for all of us.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 02:43 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I've answered that question Dave.
When countries start to lose faith in international law it's worrying for all of us.
1. "International law" does not exist. There r some treaties.

2. There is no reason that anyone shud have any confidence in the UN.
It is unpredictable; just a club.

David
izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 04:42 am
@OmSigDAVID,
When powerful nations choose to ignore international law, it does seem to lose its relevance.
BillRM

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 06:05 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You need clean hands to go to a court in any case and ask for relief and Iran is not obeying the UN on it nuclear program.

Kind of hard for them to complain that someone is interfering with their nuclear program that the UN had order them to stop.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 06:39 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
When powerful nations choose to ignore international law,
it does seem to lose its relevance.
to lose its existence (IF it ever existed)

Insofar as Iran complaining to the UN Security Council against us,
its a little humorous, since we have a veto.

I remain skeptical that "International law" exists at all; just some treaties,
from which we r free to withdraw (as with the whole UN).

David