War! The fear mongering is here, again!

izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 05:58 am
@Setanta,
The thing that the mullahs are most concerned about is the coming (Iranian) election. It will definitely be rigged, and there will be an outpouring of protest. With Iran losing influence in Syria and The Lebanon, it might be just the thing to topple them. An attack on Iran by either Israel or America would be just what the mullahs want, it would reverberate across the Middle East, and it won't stop Iran developing nuclear weapons. This fevered rhetoric is self defeating.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 06:02 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
HOW did his alleged stupidity do that???

He ignored the threat of Al Qaida despite being warned by the outgoing Clinton administration.

Quote:
Incidentally, HE is smart enuf to know that is spelled: W

R u that smart ????????

I'm smart enough to know it's supposed to be pronounced 'Doubleyou.'
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 06:08 am
@izzythepush,
What is incredible to me is that this idiot Obama is conducting military exercises with Israel. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. The way to deal with Iran is to engage them, to attempt to meet them halfway. Instead, we are going to a dance with the mortal enemies. Stupid, stupid, stupid. The fanatical hatred of Israel by the mullahs is understandable. There is absolutely no advantage to the United States by conducting these exercises, and it seems to be nothing more than a willful and idiotic poking of a troll with a sharp stick. Given enough time, all the mullahs who remember SAVAK and Mossad's establishment of SAVAK and collusion with their crimes will die off. The Persians themselves, like any other population, are constantly "getting younger," and the grudge against the Israelis is slowly being forgotten. So what do thsoe clowns in Washington do? Decide to rub the Persian nose in it.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. This is the kind of thing one would have expected from the Shrub.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 06:15 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
What happened in Iraq was a debacle from the word go.
Nonsense (again); we got rid of Saddam; I feel a lot safer now.
I LIKE having him dead.

izzythepush wrote:
Dubya didn't even know there was a difference between Sunni and Shia Moslems.
We got rid of Saddam ANYWAY !
The alleged ignorance did not prevent us from getting rid of Saddam.

izzythepush wrote:
If you're concerned about fanatical Moslems maybe you should insist that your country does not carry out policies that increases their power base.

With your blanket condemnation of 'Commies,' and your refusal to afford them basic human rights,
During the 3rd World War,
I thawt that was all well n good as long as u KILL them first.
The war is over now. Communism went out of business; (Korea n Cuba r beneath notice) so it no longer matters,
the same as we stopped killing Japs.

izzythepush wrote:
you're showing yourself to be every bit as fanatical as those Moslems you complain about.
Well, fanatical about remaining un-nuked.

David
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 06:17 am
@Setanta,
I'm worried that there might be a strike because of the Presidential election, as Obama does not want to appear weak.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 06:18 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Yeah, Saddam has gone, but look what's taken his place.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 06:27 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
This is a clear-cut case of bigoted hysteria
Hysteria, really?? I 'm close to falling asleep.

Setanta wrote:
replacing knowledge and a thoughtful response to the world. Al Qaeda means "the Base," and which refers to a support base for the Mujihadeen of Afghanistan during the Russian occupation--it was set up and funded by the United States and it's members were trained by Central Intelligence.
Fighting communism was a pretty good idea.
I hope that thay did not hurt your feelings too much.

Setanta wrote:
Saudi Arabia matched us dollar for dollar in our funding, and their man on the scene was Osama bin Laden, a Saudi national of Yemeni descent, and a fervent believer in Wahhabism, which is extremist, fundamentalist Sunni Islam.

By contrast, Iran is the home of Twelver Shi'ism, which is mainstream Shi'ism. Essentially, you are comparing right-wing, whacko fundamentalist Catholics (Wahhabis) to middle-of-the-road, orthodox Presbyterians (Twelver Shi'ites).
Thay ALL hate us and wanna kill us.
We need to take accurate cognizance of that and competently respond,
preferably BEFORE we get nuked.

Setanta wrote:
What's the difference between Rush Limbaugh and the Hindenberg?

Well, one is a fat, Nazi gasbag . . .

. . . and the other is just a dirigible.
Rush is not a nazi.
He is not anti-Jewish.
He supports the Constitution and its required elections.

U distort his positions
and then u yell about ignorance.

I agree with maybe around 6O to 7O% of what I 've heard him say.

David
Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 06:29 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You are an idiot.

That, of course, is not news to anyone here with even a few brain cells.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 06:39 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
You are an idiot.

That, of course, is not news to anyone here with even a few brain cells.
It is certainly not news to anyone here that u call almost EVERYBODY "an idiot".
It appears to be your favorite word, except maybe second to hi-lar-i-ous.
I infer that your definition of "an idiot" is: NOT SETANTA.
U have a very delicate ego; very, very delicate, indicative of disdain for yourself.

Your attributions of idiocy r not to be taken seriously.
YOU r not worthy of being taken seriously.

David
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 06:46 am
No, you are an idito because of your piss-poor rhetoricla skills. For example, nothing i said even remotely suggested that i was opposed to the defeat of "communism." I have no problem with giving the mujihadeen stinger SAMs, or anti-amor artillery. My problem was that Central Intelligence went ape-**** and taught them to make bicycle bombs and other improvised explosive devices, and taught them the techniques of the infiltration of heavily populated areas, and particularly the infiltration of high security areas. They didn't need that kind of training to defeat the Russians. In your pathetically narrow little partisan world, anyone who doesn't agree with you is a communist.

As for Lush Lamebrain and his crypto-Nazi world view, one did not have to hate Jews to be a Nazi, nor was everyone who hated Jews a Nazi. It's typical of your narrow and ill-informed world view that you think in those terms.

Those, among a wealth of other evidence, are why i consider you an idiot. You may have a certain degree of intelligence (for which Mensa participation is no evidence), but you don't use it. You tie up whatever intellectual capacity you may possess with your partisan idiocy.
engineer

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 06:47 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
preferably BEFORE we get nuked. ...

David

No they don't. I'm sorry, really sorry, that you have been brought to this state of fear and loathing of people you don't know and I doubt it is possible to persuade you otherwise, but the vast majority of people of all faiths and colors around the world don't hate or like you, they just try to live their lives.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 07:10 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
No, you are an idito because of your piss-poor rhetoricla skills.
This is only A2K. I 'm not running for election to hi office.
I need not be a great orator.

Setanta wrote:
For example, nothing i said even remotely suggested
that i was opposed to the defeat of "communism."
Not overtly, but I have not accused u of honesty.

Setanta wrote:
I have no problem with giving the mujihadeen stinger SAMs, or anti-amor artillery. My problem was that Central Intelligence went ape-**** and taught them to make bicycle bombs and other improvised explosive devices, and taught them the techniques of the infiltration of heavily populated areas, and particularly the infiltration of high security areas. They didn't need that kind of training to defeat the Russians. In your pathetically narrow little partisan world, anyone who doesn't agree with you is a communist.
No, nazis and liberals don't agree with me either.

Setanta wrote:
As for Lush Lamebrain and his crypto-Nazi world view, one did not have to hate Jews to be a Nazi, nor was everyone who hated Jews a Nazi. It's typical of your narrow and ill-informed world view that you think in those terms.
Yeah, I can imagine a nazi with a swastika
standing up in the 3rd Reich giving a pro-Jewish speech.
He 'd holler: Hay, I'm a nazi and I like Jews!

I wonder what 'd happen to him?

Setanta wrote:
Those, among a wealth of other evidence, are why i consider you an idiot.
An idiot is a person whose mental age is below 3 years.
Believe what u want, for all the good it does ME!

Setanta wrote:
You may have a certain degree of intelligence (for which Mensa participation is no evidence), but you don't use it.
You tie up whatever intellectual capacity you may possess with your partisan idiocy.
Am I the topic of this thread?
Are u my new counsellor??

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 07:15 am
@engineer,

OmSigDAVID wrote:
preferably BEFORE we get nuked. ...

David
engineer wrote:
No they don't. I'm sorry, really sorry, that you have been brought to this state of fear and loathing of people you don't know and I doubt it is possible to persuade you otherwise, but the vast majority of people of all faiths and colors around the world don't hate or like you, they just try to live their lives.
OK. I did not speak with sufficient precision.
I shud have narrowed it down to the incumbent leaders of Iran
and of course, the survivors of Al Qaeda.

I have no emotions about it,
but I still wanna elect leaders
who will take care of business qua American defenses.

David
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 07:19 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Being a great orator is not the same as having rhetorical skills. I suspect you really don't know what rhetoric is in the context of debate. Not hating Jews does not equate with being pro-Jewish--just more of your idiocy. Being unable to escape the implications of your idiocy, you just compound it with a straw man. Once again, you have no rhetorical skills.

You may be assured that what does you good is never a consideratino with me. Actually, i think it would be easier to convince a three year old of the realities of the situation in southwest Asia than it is to waste one's time trying to educate you.

You certainly are not the topic of this thread, despite all of your efforts to make your idiotic, partisan drivel the theme. As Izzy has pointed out, Iran and Al Qaeda are not equivalent, your political stupidity notwithstanding.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 08:38 am
@Setanta,
There's probably an Om Sig Ben Ali Dave in Iran, who believes all Americans hate Moslems, and that the CIA caused 9/11 to give them an excuse to invade Iraq.
Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 08:45 am
@izzythepush,
Yes, and they probably make up all kinds of stories about themselves and attempt to turn all conversations into discussions of their political delusions.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 09:23 am
@Setanta,
And he needs to keep his AK47 handy in case those pesky infidels try to take away his freedom to worship down the mosque.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 09:50 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Btw an Iranian scientist was murdered today by terrorists, what's sauce for the goose and all that.
I just read an account of that. Fascinating! Two guys on a motorcycle with a magnetic bomb??? Sounds like something straight out of a James Bond movie! Oh my.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 11:08 am
@Irishk,
It's not an isolated incident either.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 11:54 am
Yep, this assassination has Mosad written all over it.