War! The fear mongering is here, again!

oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 11:16 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
The last time you posted that rot

Facts might be inconvenient, but they are hardly "rot".

MontereyJack wrote:
you told us you'd posted it half a billion times or so, if I recall correctly. Now you're telling me it's only fifty. I doubt it's actually more than two or three times.

Whatever. The point is, you've ignored the facts too many times to count. It got a little tiresome.

MontereyJack wrote:
Just an example of your hyperinflated claims in general.

The fact that you've ignored facts too many times to count does not mean I've made any hyperinflated claims.

MontereyJack wrote:
You claim my definition is too narrow.

Well, I don't attribute the narrow definition to you. The misleading definition has been published pretty widely.

But yes. That definition is way too narrow, for reasons I've already endlessly explained.

MontereyJack wrote:
Yours is far, far too broad.

When a country cloaks their nuclear program in secrecy, that is proof that it is weapons-related.

When a country blocks IAEA inspectors from visiting their nuclear sites, that is proof that the nuclear program is weapons-related.

When a country focuses on developing only the specific technologies they'd need to build weapons, and shows only a token interest in electricity generation, that is proof that they are after nuclear weapons.

MontereyJack wrote:
Not to mention unsubstantiated.

There have been many years of ample proof of what I've said.

MontereyJack wrote:
and not having even started a program of developing the infrastructure to actually design and build a bomb is far,

Wrong. Iran has a program to develop the infrastructure to design and build a bomb.

The program has been going on for years, and it is going on now.

MontereyJack wrote:
the whole thing is Israeli fear-mongering. And yours.

Concerns about Iran's nuclear weapons program is not fear mongering.

And it goes far beyond me and Israel. Europe and the United States share these concerns.

That is why Obama has stated his willingness to bomb Iran.

MontereyJack wrote:
Talk to the people you sycophant for, the Israelis, and tell them to stop screwing around and actually negotiate the things they've refused to deal with for the last sixty years, and it'll all go away.

No. I am far too honorable and ethical to falsely accuse Israel of refusing to negotiate.

And I would never say anything so preposterous as a claim that Iran's illegal nuclear program has anything to do with the Palestinians.
JTT

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 11:21 am
@oralloy,
Spewing little one liners of propaganda doesn't constitute facts, Oralboy.

Note how all you ever offer is Oralboy opinion.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 11:27 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
oralloy wrote:
MontereyJack wrote:
In fact you are. They shut down their nuclear weapons work in 2003, according to the intelligence reports.

As I've already explained a good fifty or so times, those reports are using a particularly narrow definition of "trying to build nuclear weapons".

Using that definition, Iran is only trying to build nuclear weapons if they start manufacturing weapons components and assembling them into a working device.

Since at the moment all Iran is doing is rushing to develop the capability to do that, they in fact don't meet that narrowly tailored definition.

But the fact remains, they are still rushing to develop the capability to make nuclear weapons.

Um. Yeah. I don't believe there is any innate moral reason why Iran shouldn't have the same rights that other countries around them do.

Iran voluntarily surrendered the right to have nuclear weapons when they signed the Non Proliferation Treaty.

Shall we scrap the NPT and let nuclear weapons spread around the world? Perhaps have the US resume nuclear weapons tests and build our arsenal back up to Cold War levels? Supply advanced thermonuclear warhead designs to our allies?

I'm sure Israel would like to replace their sloika designs with modern thermonuclear warheads.

Australia, South Korea, Japan, the Philippines, Poland and Georgia would all benefit from having a nuclear arsenal as well.

Cycloptichorn wrote:
We rushed to develop nuclear weapons once we realized the possibility that they could be made, and we promptly used them on our enemies.

Cycloptichorn

Yes. And rightly so.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 11:32 am
@oralloy,
I don't disagree that we were right to use them then. I only disagree that other countries don't also have the same right to pursue their defense that we did and do.

I do agree with you that Iran should disavow their acceptance of the NPT if they wish to continue their production of weapons. As for the US, we have no real need to take any of the actions you described - they wouldn't help us in any way currently, and allies don't always remain allies over time, so over-arming them may not be the wisest move.

Cycloptichorn
JTT

@oralloy,
Quote:
Yes. And rightly so.

Your opinion doesn't lessen the war crimes, Oralboy. They only serve to illustrate what a morally vacuous, empty shell of a human being you are.
BillRM

@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
I would denounce an aggressive use of nuclear weapons by Israel - and so would the rest of the world. It would mean the deaths of hundreds of thousands if they did. They would deserve the response they got afterward.

Somehow I would think it the choice would come down to allowing those nuts that had declare a desire to destroy my nation and people having nuclear weapons and being denounce for hitting those deeply burial sites with my own nuclear weapons it would be a no brainer.

Sorry but a people who survival is threaten will do what they need to do and worry about any fall out after the threat had been ended.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 11:42 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Sorry but a people who survive is threaten will do what they need to do and worry about any fall out after the threat had been ended.

Their survival would be far more threatened by using a nuke than it would be from Iran. The entire world would turn against them, and in the end they are a very, very small country with limited resources. The US would not be able to support or save them in such an instance, in large part because many of us would actively fight to make sure that we were one of the ones punishing them.

Cycloptichorn
JTT

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 11:48 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
in large part because many of us would actively fight to make sure that we were one of the ones punishing them.

And we all know where that leads, don't we, Cy?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 11:55 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
In any case it does not matter what we think because Israel is not likely to allow Iran to have nuclear weapons even if it would mean using some of the three hundreds plus nuclear weapons they themselves is believe to own to stop them.

If military force in the end is needed to stop Iran from having such weapons they better hope it the US that is the ones who does so and not the Israels.

Israel can destroy Iran's nuclear weapons program with conventional weapons. They would not use nukes.

That said, the bombing will very likely be carried out by Obama, not by Israel.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 11:57 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Yes indeed other nations is going to attack them and destr0y them good luck on that idea as if been try how many times since 1948?

Not only do they had a military that can and had protect them from non nuke attacks and they are likely to still have 290 or so nuclear weapons ready to go after dealing with the Iranians.

Their ability to protect themselves is at least at the level of England or France so anyone who is willing to pay the price to destroy them using nukes is going to find the price is smash cities and a 100 millions or so death in the attacking countries.

In fact Israel would be protecting these nuts from themselves by destroying their nukes as anyone using nukes on them such as the Iranians is going to be totally wipe from the face of the earth.
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 11:58 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I would denounce an aggressive use of nuclear weapons by Israel - and so would the rest of the world. It would mean the deaths of hundreds of thousands if they did.

Israel would not use nuclear weapons to take out Iran's nuclear program. They would do it with conventional weapons.

However, there still is likely to be some really bad collateral damage (regardless of whether the bombing is done by the US or by Israel).

When the Uranium Conversion Facility at Isfahan is destroyed, it will release many tons of hydrofluoric acid vapor into the air.

In addition to all the traits that you'd normally expect of strong acid vapor (don't get strong acid in your eyes if you want to see; don't get strong acid in your lungs if you want to breathe), hydrofluoric acid is a deadly poison that is absorbed directly through the skin.

Note:
Quote:
Hydrofluoric acid is a highly corrosive liquid and is a contact poison. It should be handled with extreme care, beyond that accorded to other mineral acids. Owing to its low dissociation constant, HF as a neutral lipid-soluble molecule penetrates tissue more rapidly than typical mineral acids. Because of the ability of hydrofluoric acid to penetrate tissue, poisoning can occur readily through exposure of skin or eyes, or when inhaled or swallowed. Symptoms of exposure to hydrofluoric acid may not be immediately evident. HF interferes with nerve function, meaning that burns may not initially be painful. Accidental exposures can go unnoticed, delaying treatment and increasing the extent and seriousness of the injury.[8]

Once absorbed into blood through the skin, it reacts with blood calcium and may cause cardiac arrest. Burns with areas larger than 25 square inches (160 cm2) have the potential to cause serious systemic toxicity from interference with blood and tissue calcium levels.[9] In the body, hydrofluoric acid reacts with the ubiquitous biologically important ions Ca2+ and Mg2+. Formation of insoluble calcium fluoride is proposed as the etiology for both precipitous fall in serum calcium and the severe pain associated with tissue toxicity.[10] In some cases, exposures can lead to hypocalcemia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrofluoric_acid
Quote:
Hydrogen fluoride is a highly dangerous gas, forming corrosive and penetrating hydrofluoric acid upon contact with tissue. The gas can also cause blindness by rapid destruction of the corneas.

Upon contact with moisture, including tissue, hydrogen fluoride immediately converts to hydrofluoric acid, which is highly corrosive and toxic, and requires immediate medical attention upon exposure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_fluoride

I strongly recommend not being downwind when that place is bombed. It's going to be pretty grim.
JTT

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 12:11 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I strongly recommend not being downwind when that place is bombed. It's going to be pretty grim.

What happens to innocents has never been a concern for the US. They have carpet bombed, napalmed, tortured, raped, poisoned, done pretty much everything that is abhorrent to do to innocents the world over.

I'm certain that you would love to see Iran bombed, millions killed; that could all be incorporated into a new war game that you could masturbate to with great relish.
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 12:14 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I do agree with you that Iran should disavow their acceptance of the NPT if they wish to continue their production of weapons.

A country is only allowed to withdraw from the NPT if they have a good reason for doing so.

In addition, even then Iran's nuclear weapons would only be accepted if they had started their weapons program after withdrawing. Since Iran has been running their program while still a party to the NPT, it will never be accepted.

Cycloptichorn wrote:
As for the US, we have no real need to take any of the actions you described - they wouldn't help us in any way currently, and allies don't always remain allies over time, so over-arming them may not be the wisest move.

If the NPT collapses and nuclear weapons spread around the world, both the US and our allies will need to dramatically increase their nuclear deterrent in the face of the new and more complicated threat.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 12:15 pm
@oralloy,
I am not sure if the Israels had the technology to go after so deeply buried facilities not using nukes unless we give it to them.
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 12:16 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Your opinion doesn't lessen the war crimes, Oralboy.

Your childish namecalling does not change the fact that the A-bombs were dropped on military targets at the height of a brutal war.
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 12:18 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Their survival would be far more threatened by using a nuke than it would be from Iran. The entire world would turn against them, and in the end they are a very, very small country with limited resources. The US would not be able to support or save them in such an instance, in large part because many of us would actively fight to make sure that we were one of the ones punishing them.

I doubt the US would turn against Israel.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 12:21 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Oralloy wrote:

What happens to innocents has never been a concern for the US. They have carpet bombed, napalmed, tortured, raped, poisoned, done pretty much everything that abhorrent to do to innocents the world over.

Collateral damage is just a part of war.

I strongly advise not being downwind of that facility when it is bombed, regardless of who bombs it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 12:26 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
I am not sure if the Israels had the technology to go after so deeply buried facilities not using nukes unless we give it to them.

Obama gave Israel a supply of 5,000-pound bunker busters in exchange for that 10-month freeze on settlement construction a few years back.

Iran's bunkers are not all that deep. It's almost as if they don't "get" the concept of a proper bunker.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 12:28 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Come on cylo. You know the conservative mantra. Be afraid, be very afraid!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 12:30 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
the fact that the A-bombs were dropped on military targets

This is just recycled Oralboy smegma.

You don't understand the meaning of 'fact'. You can't as you are American and your brain has been subjected to unceasing bombardment from the American ministry [which is huge] of propaganda.

I've shown, time and again, that the target was dead on the civilians. The military aspects were small and largely untouched by the bomb.