What TV show(s) is your personal crack?

firefly

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 12:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
I became absolutely hooked on re-runs of Boston Legal.

Have you seen Harry's Law, tsar? That's another David Kelley legal comedy/drama which has many of the same elements as Boston Legal, though not quite as well done.

I've also enjoyed nightly re-runs of The Office which I've generally found to be good for a chuckle or two.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 01:12 pm
@firefly,
Seing your screen name reminds me that the _Firefly_ series was also very good.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 04:24 pm
@tsarstepan,
Right now: "Breaking Bad." My son bought me the first three seasons for Christmas and I have been regularly staying up until 2:00am watching the episodes. I already have the beard, but I am contemplating shaving my head to complete the Heisenberg makeover.

Formerly: "Farscape"

More of an addict when it comes to movies:

Tombstone
Big Trouble in Little China
Khartoum
Aliens
Red Dawn

To name but a few
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 08:26 am
Currently, it's 'Big Bang Theory'.

It had been 'House' and 'Boston Legal' and the various 'Law and Order' versions.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 08:36 am
Previously, and maybe again some time, The Wire, without a doubt.

Breaking Bad, haven't cracked season 4 yet.

Arrested Development.

No Reservations.

And before streaming and seasons on DVD and whatnot, there was Northern Exposure.

But with the acknowledgement that crack is very bad for you, i have to confess that I recently devoured the entirety of Peep Show (BBC - and not what it sounds like).
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 02:14 pm
That has to be Big Bang Theory for me!
mismi

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 08:13 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Quote:
Downton Abbey.

YES. I was just turned on to this last week. I have have been trying to catch up on Netflix. Love it!
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 08:27 pm
@spidergal,
spidergal wrote:

That has to be Big Bang Theory for me!

Just received season 3 of The Big Bang Theory from the library today. Watching it now. Smile
Sturgis

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 08:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
Never seen BBT, never plan to. Their commercials irritate me.
spidergal

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 09:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
I started watching the third season two days back, and I'm already into mid-season. Gawd - it is addictive! If it hadn't been for my hectic work schedule, I'd have gobbled it all up by now!
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 10:01 pm
@Sturgis,
How about getting a DVD? I'm out-an-out DVD person -- just don't have the patience to sit through commercials.
panzade

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 10:41 pm
2 1/2 Men re-runs (with C Sheen) and Big Bang but they run them at the same time.

Last Saturday they had a Law & Order marathon and I sat through 6 hours without even getting up to pee.

Prime Suspect with Maria Bello though it's hard to tell when the show will be on.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 02:27 am
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

dlowan wrote:
Quote:
Downton Abbey.

YES. I was just turned on to this last week. I have have been trying to catch up on Netflix. Love it!

Can't wait for season three!!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 04:26 am
I'm embarrassed to admit that I've become addicted to the "reality" show, Storage Wars.

Not very nice people gather to bid on abandoned storage lockers. I don't care much about the people or the bidding. I like to see what surprises are in the storage lockers. What unexpected treasures.

Some of that stuff that's found is amazing. Most of it ain't.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 04:37 am
@Region Philbis,
I've never been able to watch Big Bang Theory for more than a minute because of all the canned laughter. I hate being told when to laugh, I've got no idea how good it is, because I've never heard any of the jokes. If they brought out a version devoid of all the laughter I'd give it a go.

Bored to Death was brilliant.

I religiously watch Have I Got News For You whenever it's on.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 04:42 am
@Ceili,
Have you seen the animated conversations between Ricky, Carl and Stephen?

Life's too short is from the same stable.

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 08:38 am
@izzythepush,
I believe your assumption about how BBT is filmed is wrong. Similar to most sit-coms filmed in US it's filmed in front of a live studio audience. So the laughing you hear is the actual audience. However, the more times the actors mess up their lines and scenes it may become less funny to that audience so they add in more laughter during editing of the episode.
djjd62

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 08:44 am
the only can't miss show i currently watch is Mr. D
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2128016/
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 09:22 am
@Ragman,
We have stuff filmed in front of a live audience as well, and I can happily watch American shows that do the same, Happy Days springs to mind. I've only found it obtrusive when watching Big Bang Theory. It really seems way over the top in this particular instance.
Ragman

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 09:35 am
@izzythepush,
Your reaction is interesting to me. I often find laugh tracks very obtrusive and am sensitive to it (prime example Happy Days). I never found the audience laughs in BBT a problem or even noticed and wondered if it was a laugh track. Maybe you just don't like the humor in the show?