Why you should vote for our Elected President

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:53 pm
Crime does not pay because of the calibre of those who go into the profession . . .
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:54 pm
Setanta wrote:
Kjvtrue certainly does display a grasp of the language commensurate with that of our putative chief magistrate. Anyone who capitalizes morals and family values immediately earns my suspicion.

I may or may not agree with kjv's issues, but enough about his/her spelling errors, ok? If you can understand the point, you can get by well enough to discuss the issues raised. Harping on the way the message is presented is rather childish.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:55 pm
It is certainly not childish when common nouns and adjectives are capitalized in English, against all usage rules, for the specific purpose of emphasizing political buzz words used to cozen the unwary and the clueless.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 03:05 pm
I personally could give a rats ass about pollution. The EPA is the cause of more job loss in the U.S. than any other entity. As soon as the clean air act went into effect (signed, unfortunately, by a Republican), you could start to hear that giant sucking sound.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 03:09 pm
kjvtrue, please come back and tell us about family values and morals, and whatever else makes you think that our elected president should be allowed to continue.

And note that, unlike German, English does not normally capitalize common nouns. Also, plurals do not, as a rule, take apostrophes.

Now can we talk about the subject here? I was one who complained, but let's move on...
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 03:09 pm
Re: Why you should vote for are President
kjvtrue wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
kjvtrue wrote:
I think this election comes down to two issues. The economy and national security. The question is, do you think Kerry would do better in these areas than Bush?

I think the pandas at the National Zoo could do a better job in these areas than Bush.

"I disagree!" But why do you think that?

Pandas are relatively placid creatures, who favor conciliation to confrontation. They are conscientious multilateralists and reject a "go it alone" foreign policy. And I happen to know that they scoff at the idiotic notion of "supply-side economics," believing that such nonsense as tax cuts for the wealthy as a means of stimulating the economy is as daft as it is morally repellent.

Unfortunately, they were not born in the US, so they cannot be elected to the presidency. Therefore, in their place at the top of the ticket, I would nominate the only member of the Bush clan who could rival them in foreign policy expertise and economic acumen:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/kids/pets/images/p2965-13-barneybio1.jpg
First Dog Barney Bush
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 03:10 pm
As for those of you here who still think Bush was illegally appointed by the U.S.S.C., I'm happy that you enjoy pissing into the wind. It's quite entertaining.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 03:14 pm
Bush is the President of the United States. I don't like how it happened, but that's life and the law here in the Yew Ess.

Now we should change the process so that our elected leaders are clearly chosen.

After we elect Barney!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 03:16 pm
I am always disgusted by the sanctimonious appeal to "morality" and "family values" by those who are more than happy to bomb the bejesus out of otherwise unoffending civilian populations.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 03:20 pm
What I think you're missing is the implied effort to bomb the Jesus into them, set.

(This will go nowhere, and for that I am willing to shoulder some blame.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 03:35 pm
Sign me up, i certainly hope this thread goes nowhere; which would be, of course, a circular journey.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 03:36 pm
The serpent is supposed to eat its own tail, not vice versa.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 03:37 pm
heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

okbye
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 03:55 pm
please give me more of your good advice, I promise not to read it...
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 04:01 pm
Hello and a belated welcome to A2K, kjvtrue.

There are more than a few eloquent, thoughtful, and intelligent Bush supporters here; I'm sorry (for you) that none of them seen to have shown up yet to post in support of your thread's topic.

(Oh hi, cjhsa and McGentrix. No, wait; never mind. :wink: )

I would never be able to support GWB for Chief Dogcatcher of the City of Crawford, TX. I have seen him up close and personal for a number of years now, as Governor, campaign operative for his father, and now President.

I believe I could make a convincing case that he is the worst President our nation has ever been forced to endure.

The most convincing evidence is his (and the lickspittles he has appointed to various posts in his Administration) unadulterated contempt for the truth. Here are some examples, regarding the 'threat' posed by Saddam Hussein's 'WMD':

Quote:
"There's no question that Iraq was a threat to the people of the United States."

- White House spokeswoman Claire Buchan, 8/26/03

[quote]"We ended the threat from Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction."[/quote]
- President Bush, 7/17/03

Quote:
Iraq was "the most dangerous threat of our time."

- White House spokesman Scott McClellan, 7/17/03

[quote]"Saddam Hussein is no longer a threat to the United States because we removed him, but he was a threat...He was a threat. He's not a threat now."[/quote]
- President Bush, 7/2/03

Quote:
"Absolutely."

- White House spokesman Ari Fleischer answering whether Iraq was an "imminent threat," 5/7/03

Quote:
"The threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction will be removed."

- Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 3/25/03

Quote:
"It is only a matter of time before the Iraqi regime is destroyed and its threat to the region and the world is ended."

- Pentagon spokeswoman Victoria Clarke, 3/22/03

[quote]"The people of the United States and our friends and allies will not live at the mercy of an outlaw regime that threatens the peace with weapons of mass murder."[/quote]- President Bush, 3/19/03

[quote]"The dictator of Iraq and his weapons of mass destruction are a threat to the security of free nations."[/quote]
- President Bush, 3/16/03

Quote:
"This is about imminent threat."

- White House spokesman Scott McClellan, 2/10/03

Quote:
Iraq is "a serious threat to our country, to our friends and to our allies."

- Vice President Dick Cheney, 1/31/03

Quote:
Iraq poses "terrible threats to the civilized world."

- Vice President Dick Cheney, 1/30/03

Quote:
Iraq "threatens the United States of America."

- Vice President Cheney, 1/30/03

Quote:
"Iraq poses a serious and mounting threat to our country. His regime has the design for a nuclear weapon, was working on several different methods of enriching uranium, and recently was discovered seeking significant quantities of uranium from Africa."

- Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 1/29/03

Quote:
"Saddam Hussein possesses chemical and biological weapons. Iraq poses a threat to the security of our people and to the stability of the world that is distinct from any other. It's a danger to its neighbors, to the United States, to the Middle East and to the international peace and stability. It's a danger we cannot ignore. Iraq and North Korea are both repressive dictatorships to be sure and both pose threats. But Iraq is unique. In both word and deed, Iraq has demonstrated that it is seeking the means to strike the United States and our friends and allies with weapons of mass destruction."

- Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 1/20/03

[quote]"The Iraqi regime is a threat to any American. They not only have weapons of mass destruction, they used weapons of mass destruction...That's why I say Iraq is a threat, a real threat."[/quote]
- President Bush, 1/3/03

[quote]"The world is also uniting to answer the unique and urgent threat posed by Iraq whose dictator has already used weapons of mass destruction to kill thousands."[/quote]
- President Bush, 11/23/02

[quote]"Saddam Hussein is a threat to America."[/quote]
- President Bush, 11/3/02

[quote]"I see a significant threat to the security of the United States in Iraq."[/quote]
- President Bush, 11/1/02

[quote]"There is real threat, in my judgment, a real and dangerous threat to American in Iraq in the form of Saddam Hussein."[/quote]
- President Bush, 10/28/02

[quote]"The Iraqi regime is a serious and growing threat to peace."[/quote]
- President Bush, 10/16/02

[quote]"There are many dangers in the world, the threat from Iraq stands alone because it gathers the most serious dangers of our age in one place. Iraq could decide on any given day to provide a biological or chemical weapon to a terrorist group or individual terrorists."[/quote]
- President Bush, 10/7/02

[quote]"The Iraqi regime is a threat of unique urgency."[/quote]
- President Bush, 10/2/02

[quote]"There's a grave threat in Iraq. There just is."[/quote]
- President Bush, 10/2/02

Quote:
"No terrorist state poses a greater or more immediate threat to the security of our people and the stability of the world than the regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq."

- Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 9/19/02

Quote:
"Some have argued that the nuclear threat from Iraq is not imminent - that Saddam is at least 5-7 years away from having nuclear weapons. I would not be so certain. And we should be just as concerned about the immediate threat from biological weapons. Iraq has these weapons."

- Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 9/18/02

Quote:
"Iraq is busy enhancing its capabilities in the field of chemical and biological agents, and they continue to pursue an aggressive nuclear weapons program. These are offensive weapons for the purpose of inflicting death on a massive scale, developed so that Saddam Hussein can hold the threat over the head of any one he chooses. What we must not do in the face of this mortal threat is to give in to wishful thinking or to willful blindness."

- Vice President Dick Cheney, 8/29/02

Frankly, I think it's just sad that we're still having this conversation, really.

When President Bush says that a guy with a moustache who doesn't like us much is a 'threat' that has weapons of mass destruction, I consider that to be an imminent, immediate, clear and present, Oh **** We're All Going to Die, threat.

Unless, of course, the weapons aren't there.

Then I consider it a trumped-up, fraudulent, 50-pound bag of bullshit.

I could give you several more reasons why I cannot vote for him. Let this suffice, in the interests of bandwidth.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 05:03 pm
Go Diddie!!!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 05:35 pm
Oh my
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 06:21 pm
PDiddie, Bill Clinton is the worst President our nation has ever been forced to endure. because he can't keep his pants on, him and his wife are raciest, he helped made it possible to slauter unborn babies, for Homosexual's to rape Hederalsexual US solders, sells illegal drugs, murdered two men and a teenage boy. You may not agree with those statements our Elected President made, but I sure do.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 06:23 pm
raciest? more racy? hmmm . . . and you consider that to be morally deplorable, as say, compared with killing thousands of Iraqis indiscriminately?

The rest of your accusations are so far out in la-la land, that one doesn't know whether to laugh at or pity you . . .
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 06:49 pm
This quote of yours following does not address anything about George W. Bush and incompetence for re-election.

You should remind yourself that attacking someone else does not defend the POV you are espousing:

kjvtrue wrote:
PDiddie, Bill Clinton is the worst President our nation has ever been forced to endure. because he can't keep his pants on, him and his wife are raciest, he helped made it possible to slauter unborn babies, for Homosexual's to rape Hederalsexual US solders, sells illegal drugs, murdered two men and a teenage boy. You may not agree with those statements our Elected President made, but I sure do.

You're right.

I don't agree with any of that.

Some of it I haven't even heard before.

And I read a little in my spare time.

Could you kindly provide some proof of your accusations that Clinton made it possible "for Homosexual's (sic) to rape Hederalsexual (sic) US solders (sic)?

As well as the drugs and the murders.

(P.S.: Not only do I not believe it, I think you are quite possibly delusional if in fact you do.

I mean that in the best possible, most caring way. Seriously.)
0 Replies