Why you should vote for our Elected President

kjvtrue

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 01:56 pm
The economy is picking up the next 6 months will be big for Bush on the economy. Everyone was complainign about no jobs being created in December, well if anyone who works for a compnay knows that a lot of places are reluctant to hir in December because they are trying to to hold cost down for end of the year reporting etc.... Retail stores and places that rely on Xmas activity do the hiring. Bigger companies don't necessarily do that. January may be slow too for the same type reasons, but I expect February and beyond to be good. This will be critical for Bush.

As far as health care goes, he has done the biggest reform to the health care system in 40 years with the prescription drug plan. I do agree more needs to be done to keep cost down but putting the governemtn in control is not the answer. I think other things can be done to bring prices under control so they are affordable for both businesses and individuals. The President did talk to some of this during the State of the Union. Remember, just because people propose that everyone would be covered in their plan, also means that you will probably have to wait much longer to see a Dr. especially in areas where time is critical!!

The issue of Bush being a stock market crook or in favor of big business is harder to argue against even though I don't believe it. The government has put away the CFO of Enron and is still working on other executives. Marth Stewart is on trial as we speak and we have also indicted the CEO of Tyco. So we are punishing those in business who abuse the power they have. We probably should be more agressive in this area but we are addressing it.

I think this election comes down to two issues. The economy and national security. The question is, do you think Kerry would do better in these areas than Bush?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 9,245 • Replies: 143
No top replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:08 pm
Re: Why you should vote for are President
kjvtrue wrote:
I think this election comes down to two issues. The economy and national security. The question is, do you think Kerry would do better in these areas than Bush?

I think the pandas at the National Zoo could do a better job in these areas than Bush.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:12 pm
King wrote:

Quote:
The question is, do you think Kerry would do better in these areas than Bush?

Yep. I think Kerry would do a better job.

Why do you ask?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:23 pm
That is utterly ridiculous, kjvtrue. There are many important issues in this election. Those may be your personal "Top Two," but they are most certainly not everyone's. Education, health care, foreign policy, individual rights, and a host of other issues are vital.

For instance, I think the big question is: In which direction should our country go? If you favor the extreme right and/or religious right, then Bush is the obvious choice. If you favor a moderate stance or a progressive (liberal) stance, then ANY of the other candidates would be a better option than Bush.

P.S. And PLEASE...could you reword the title of this thread so it makes sense?
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:24 pm
I think darn near anybody would do a better job than Bush has.

Well, maybe not Kucinich...
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:25 pm
Re: Why you should vote for are President
joefromchicago wrote:
kjvtrue wrote:

I think the pandas at the National Zoo could do a better job in these areas than Bush.

"I disagree!" But why do you think that?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:26 pm
Kucinich would be far more entertaining, however . . . the verbal gaffes of the incumbent pall on one's sense of humor against the back drop of tax give-aways to the rich and needless war . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:27 pm
By the way, Kjvtrue, Bush is neither "are" president, nor "our" president. He may be your president, but as far as i'm concerned, he is an imposter, illegally appointed by the Supreme Court.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:28 pm
Thank you Eva! I was so put off by the spelling/structure of the first few lines, I almost didn't read the post! I disagree with kjvtrue, but it's an important thing to talk about.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:28 pm
The President put the gf in such conniptions of rage that my home life is disturbed. So, please, for my sake, vote him out.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:31 pm
"Why you should vote fer are president."
"I'm glad to see our childrens is learning."

I can see why you like him.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:36 pm
Kjvtrue writes: "So I would point this out to your dad and just ask him to keep watch."

My father is 87 years of age, is just as obnoxious as he was 34 years ago, when he was the age i am now, so i don't solicit his opinion on the time of day, let alone politics. I would surmise the Kjvtrue is not yet of voting age, or has just arrived at that estate, and assumes that we are of a similar age, as well. I make up my own mind before entering the voting booth.
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:36 pm
Eva wrote:
That is utterly ridiculous, kjvtrue. There are many important issues in this election. Those may be your personal "Top Two," but they are most certainly not everyone's. Education, health care, foreign policy, individual rights, and a host of other issues are vital.

For instance, I think the big question is: In which direction should our country go? If you favor the extreme right and/or religious right, then Bush is the obvious choice. If you favor a moderate stance or a progressive (liberal) stance, then ANY of the other candidates would be a better option than Bush.
Those two issues I posted, I don't care about, I was just genralizing, the only issues I care about is what goes aganst Moral's and Family Values.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:37 pm
hobitbob wrote:
"Why you should vote fer are president."
"I'm glad to see our childrens is learning."

I can see why you like him.

He may BE him!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:39 pm
Kjvtrue certainly does display a grasp of the language commensurate with that of our putative chief magistrate. Anyone who capitalizes morals and family values immediately earns my suspicion.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:43 pm
So, where does war fit into your family values scheme?

Or, if that doesn't work, where does displacing families so you can build a ballpark fit into it?

Where do wiretaps fit into it?

Where do disingenuous, unfunded educational mandates fit into it?

Where do prison camps fit into it?

Where does corporate welfare fit into it?

Where does pollution fit into it?

If you're looking for a leader to say prayers for you and tell you how to live your own life, I suggest you continue to look to your church. The aim of our public institutions is -- or, at least, should be -- rather different.
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:49 pm
Setanta wrote:
Kjvtrue writes: "So I would point this out to your dad and just ask him to keep watch."

My father is 87 years of age, is just as obnoxious as he was 34 years ago, when he was the age i am now, so i don't solicit his opinion on the time of day, let alone politics. I would surmise the Kjvtrue is not yet of voting age, or has just arrived at that estate, and assumes that we are of a similar age, as well. I make up my own mind before entering the voting booth.

"I don't see that anywhere in my post!"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:50 pm
No, now that you've heavily edited the post, it no longer appears.

Don't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:51 pm
You do realize, of course, that the post shows that it was edited at 3:42 pm. Right? (And so we see why it is said that crime does not pay...)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:52 pm
(3:42 in my time settings. at any rate, three minutes after setanta's post.)
0 Replies