Reverend Phelps and his anti-gay monument

timberlandko

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 12:51 am
roverroad, doesn't much matter where you posted this thread. The emotional baggage attached to the subject guarantees strong pros and cons, and all but invites the defeat of reason ... on either side of the argument. To quote an old song "Nobody's right when everybody's wrong".
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 11:59 pm
Everyone can't be wrong.

Sweeping statment. Which makes it not possible.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 09:40 am
Diversion:

"Nobody's right when everybody's wrong".

Yeah, I used to think that didn't make sense until I read the reports on the world wide intelligence community's assessment of pre-war Iraq.

:wink:

Okay back to discussing the subject at hand or continue sniping at each other. Both are entertaining.

Joe
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 11:25 am
If only.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 09:15 pm
Just thought I'd give an update on this original post.

Over the weekend the city hired a construction crew to remove all religous monuments from city property. The 10 commandments monument was moved to a church across the street from the capitol building. People were arrested while protesting which I find kind of funny because the monument is actually in a more visible location now than it was before. It's just not on city property. They should be happy! It only goes to prove that religous finatics aren't fighting for the freedom to preactice their religoun. All they want to do is force their religion on other people. If they are't happy with their monument being in a more visible and public place but are only upset that it isn't on government property anymore. What does that tell you.

So phelps plan backfires in Boise. Not only does he not get his anti-gay monument but he inadvertently caused the removal of all religous monuments from city property. Not exactly what he wanted but I'm happy with the results. Very Happy
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 09:38 pm
LOL ... thanks for the update, roveroad. That's rich. Gotta love irony, dontchya?
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2015 08:01 am
@roverroad,
Judging by how often the most homophobic people turn out to be gay themselves, the only conclusion of Westboro Baptist is they're an all-gay bunch.
0 Replies