I predict - Sandusky will never go to trial and never see a jail cell.

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
So sprinkle the record books with lots and lots of asterisks if you want.

As someone said on Twitter the other day ( and maybe here, I don't know)

"If you don't like what they are doing to the legacy of Joe Paterno, just look away and pretend it's not happening."

Joe( Mad )Nation
Rockhead

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:20 pm
@Joe Nation,
"If you don't like what they are doing to the legacy of Joe Paterno, just look away and pretend it's not happening."

priceless...
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:21 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

So sprinkle the record books with lots and lots of asterisks if you want.

As someone said on Twitter the other day ( and maybe here, I don't know)

Joe( Mad )Nation

The practice has gotten out of hand....the only way a win should be errased from the history file is if it was obtained by cheating. Taking away a team win for criminal activity off the field by a couple of guys connected to the team is a lie. The previously recorded win here is being erased as punishment, not because the win rightfully should have never taken place.

The NCAA should get an F for ethics in this matter, but the mob will cheer beause they are focused on satisfying their vendictive lust.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:31 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

priceless...

One more time for the intellectually challanged....Paternos legacy is not effected by lies told about his accomplishments.The only way to tarnish his legacy is to bring more truth to the table of his failings and failures.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Rockhead wrote:

priceless...

One more time for the intellectually challanged....Paternos legacy is not effected by lies told about his accomplishments.

Lolz, right. Sure it isn't.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Sure, we could hang Penn St now that we are done with Sandusky, but I doubt that we have the attention span to get it done.

looks like somebody had the attention span required to at least get it started
Rockhead

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
you and your intellectually challenged can take a long walk...

you are the worst spelling and writing "smart guy" I've ever come across.

really...

(billy doesn't count, he's a self parody)

maroon.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:40 pm
@ehBeth,
Given the lack of justice in the NCAA process and penalty a hanging is exactly what happened. The members of the mob feel good today. I am disturbed by this yet another example of how far America has fallen into barbarity.

We used to be better than this.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:42 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

you and your intellectually challenged can take a long walk...

you are the worst spelling and writing "smart guy" I've ever come across.

really...

(billy doesn't count, he's a self parody)

maroon.

Evasion. What, you can't defend your position at all?
IRFRANK

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Given the lack of justice in the NCAA process and penalty a hanging is exactly what happened. The members of the mob feel good today. I am disturbed by this yet another example of how far America has fallen into barbarity.
We used to be better than this.

You simply refuse to see the role that Joe and others played in this. Did you read the Freeh report? The one commissioned by PSU itself? Did you read the letter the NCAA wrote to PSU? Answer the four questions and then defend their actions. We didn't used to be better. We used to be worse. Years ago this would have been covered up. You can call me names and tell me how stupid I am about this if you want, but I'm not the one with the perception problem.

I am indeed sad for those left behind and the innocent who will now suffer. I am much sadder for the victims of Sandusky, especially those who would have been spared his actions had certain people acted back in 1998 and 2001.

Here is the crux of the NCAA letter:

1. How has Penn State and/or its employees complied with the Articles of the Constitution and bylaws that are cited in this letter?

from the bylaws --- "individuals employed by or associated with member institutions for the administration, the conduct or the coaching of intercollegiate athletics are, in the final analysis, teachers of young people. Their responsibility is an affirmative one, they must do more than avoid improper conduct or questionable acts. Their own moral values must be so certain and positive that those younger and more pliable will be influenced by a fine example. Much more is expected of them than of the less critically placed citizen. "

2. How has Penn State exercised institutional control over the issues identified in and related to the Grand Jury Report? Were there procedures in place that were or were not followed? What are the institution's expectations and policies to address the conduct that has been alleged in this matter upon discovery by any party?

3. Have each of the alleged persons to have been involved or have notice of the issues identified in and related to the Grand Jury Report behaved consistent with the principles and requirements governing ethical conduct and honesty?

4. What policies and procedures does Penn State have in place to monitor, prevent and detect issues identified in and related to the Grand Jury Report or to take disciplinary or corrective action if such behaviors are found?
Rockhead

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
you'll have to earn my respect before I will even consider conversation with you, let alone debate.

and you are miles and miles of desolate waste land from doing that.

feel free to continue to attempt debate with yourself.

maroon...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
That this cover-up is over is better, not worse.

Hopefully the punishment meted out to the perpetrator and the institution that covered for him will make others think more seriously about the things they're doing, and the things they're trying to ignore.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
The members of the mob feel good today.

I should be shocked that you think anyone feels good about any of what has happened.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:40 pm
Does anyone know if Dr. Triponey has made any statements?
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:51 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

That this cover-up is over is better, not worse.

Hopefully the punishment meted out to the perpetrator and the institution that covered for him will make others think more seriously about the things they're doing, and the things they're trying to ignore.

Just as we increasing don't aim to treat citizen justly, but rather punish them as hard as we can get away with to make an example out of them for others. This is part of what makes us barbaric....and we like our barbarity just fine.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
You're right about one thing.

I can't think of a harsh enough penalty for adults who abuse children. I do want to make examples of them and of anyone who covers up for them.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:57 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
The members of the mob feel good today.

I should be shocked that you think anyone feels good about any of what has happened.

You might notice how we Americans enjoy our S&M games...
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 02:01 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

You're right about one thing.

I can't think of a harsh enough penalty for adults who abuse children. I do want to make examples of them and of anyone who covers up for them.

Then I will count you as one person who would vote to void the cruel and unusual punishment portion of the Constitution.

Wait, you are not an American, so you don't get a say.

You approval of voiding core concepts in justice is duely noted though.
farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 02:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
I fell off the truck. Now youre just making panic assertions.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 02:06 pm
@ehBeth,
he noted it twice...

Shocked

or it fought itself at twenty paces with pistols, I'm not quite certain...
0 Replies