Dr. Conrad Murray Found Guilty

izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 10:51 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

An I had already on this thread posted examples that are similar to the MJ case that were indeed prosecuted under your system so what is you point?

Yeah Spendi, what is you point?
spendius

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 10:59 am
@izzythepush,
Percy at the porcelain is the reflex answer.
spendius

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 11:05 am
@spendius,
But my actual point is to what extent does the LA establishment prosecute to fill its own boots with taxpayer $$$$$$s? It certainly seemed to have had a good touch when some young lad alleged MJ had felt down his underpants.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 11:13 am
@spendius,
It's the only possible answer.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 11:40 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Absolute rubbish, like most of the bollocks you spout.

It your BBC and your London Times and similar sources that is spouting what you are claiming as rubbish.

So you had not faith in your main news sources?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 11:43 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
But my actual point is to what extent does the LA establishment prosecute to fill its own boots with taxpayer $$$$$$s? It certainly seemed to have had a good touch when some young lad alleged MJ had felt down his underpants.
Was there more money to be made by ALLEGING that,
or by NOT alleging it???????

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 11:48 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You don't seem to realise that the state is the people, without it the rich can ride rough shod over everyone. You really should be voting for the Republicans Bill, they believe in all that small government mullarky.
Unlike U, we wanna keep a free country here, for a while,
until we degenerate into the Borg,
along with the rest of the world.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 11:48 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Star Trek's not real Dave.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 11:50 am
@izzythepush,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
izzythepush wrote:
Star Trek's not real Dave.
We (our grandchildren) will all MAKE the Borg real.

Not me; my life is behind me. Death from old age will be my safety.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 11:51 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I don't want to argue with you Dave, let's just agree to differ on how we define freedom.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 11:53 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I don't want to argue with you Dave,
let's just agree to differ on how we define freedom.
U can define the Borg and the commies as being "free" if u wanna.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 11:54 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I don't want to argue with you Dave.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 12:02 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I don't want to argue with you Dave.
U have the freedom of self restraint in silence.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 12:23 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

But my actual point is to what extent does the LA establishment prosecute to fill its own boots with taxpayer $$$$$$s?

Each prosecution that goes to trial spends taxpayer's $$$--particularly when expert witnesses, or other services/people who are not employed by the government, are necessary to the case.

People who work in the D.A.'s office are on a salary, so neither they, nor their office, benefit financially from the prosecution of particular cases, or any cases.

Defense attorneys, hired by the defendant, are the only ones who benefit financially, but they are not being paid with taxpayer's $$$ other than the taxpayer who is the defendant.

So, I fail to see any logic in the points you are making.

Did you just wake up and notice that money makes the world go 'round? Laughing
You are shouting it from the rooftops as though it's some new discovery.

But that general, and well worn, observation really has no specific relationship to the Conrad Murray trial.
Day in and day out, the L.A. D.A.'s office prosecutes cases with no publicity, and defendants that no one has heard of--that's their job. They prosecute any criminal cases they think they can win. That's what the taxpayers pay them to do, and want them to do, and the Conrad Murray case was no exception.

The coroner ruled the death of MJ a homicide, and established the drugs involved in that homicide with the same scientific accuracy as would be used in matching the striations on a bullet to a gun used in a homicide.
A death that is ruled a homicide certainly establishes the conditions for opening a criminal investigation, and the results of that investigation pointed to the involvement of Murray as the one who obtained that drug and personally administered it to MJ in an extremely reckless and negligent manner that resulted in death. It would have been outrageous if this man had not been prosecuted.
And, in this case, the prosecution did a top-notch job--everything about their arguments, presentations, and examination, and cross-examination, of witnesses, was excellent--the taxpayers have every reason to be very satisfied with the job performance of this team.
spendius

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 03:45 pm
@firefly,
Give over ff. That's a PR presentation like on that supposedly conservative channel Fox.

I think of the legal profession as a whole hunting in a pack. Performance art. I see the NFL in the same way.
spendius

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 03:46 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Did you just wake up and notice that money makes the world go 'round.
You are shouting it from the rooftops as though it's some new discovery.

And then you argue in the rest of the post to the opposite effect.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 04:45 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Give over ff.
I wonder what "give over" means????

spendius wrote:
That's a PR presentation like on that supposedly conservative channel Fox.
Do u impugn its conservatism ?

David
spendius

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 06:24 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
"Give over" means "pack it in" or "give it a rest" or "give us a break".

I don't impugn Fox's conservatism because it doesn't have any Dave. It's a Murdoch ship. It exploits weakness.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 06:32 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

spendius wrote:
Give over ff.
I wonder what "give over" means????

Can't you guess? English is and International language there's different varieties all over the Globe. We don't all talk like New Yorkers. Over this you do show a remakable lack of intellectual curiosity, and I think it's deliberate.

When Spendi says 'Give over,' he's using a dialect variant from the North, notably Yorkshire and Lancahire. I suppose your New York equivalent would be 'Baloney.' And, before you ask, we don't eat Give over sandwiches.
spendius

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 06:50 pm
@spendius,
What the verdict means is that doctors who take a chance will be inhibited from doing so. I don't believe there are many doctors who are not doing their best for the patient. And the best ones use a bit of intuition. Now fewer will. And that could kill very large numbers because anybody who knows anything at all about medical advances knows that intuitive risk taking has led to most of the great advances.

The legal profession does not give a shite about patients. It only has its eyes on the main chance. Lawyers are not scientists. They are the ones who wrote the labels on the bottles. Now they are the ones controlling treatment.

Good luck folks. The first bloke who tried an anaesthetic tried it on himself and wasn't certain he would come to. One guy injected himself with syphilis. Another poked a needle into his eye.

firefly, if she was a doctor, would never risk going beyond the instructions on the bottle. Safety first for firefly. Only give what is recommended on the label. Lawyers rule.

Who is to say that MJ wouldn't have died at that point if he had never taken any drugs in his whole life. Nobody is the answer to that.
0 Replies