Dr. Conrad Murray Found Guilty

izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 06:55 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I suppose your New York equivalent would be 'Baloney.'

Sorry, on reflection, 'Enough already,' would probably be more accurate, but Spendi is Lancastrian. In Yorkshire the 'Baloney,' meaning is used as often as not.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 09:01 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

spendius wrote:
Give over ff.
I wonder what "give over" means????

Can't you guess?
Guessing yields inconclusive results,
but thanx for the information.

David
izzythepush

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 02:00 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You can work most of an unfamiliar word by context. It's not just a guess, it's an educated guess. And there's always google.
spendius

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 05:44 am
It seems to me that the prosecution, the conduct of the trial, the verdict and most of the reaction to it are un-American.

What is negligent if it is not disregard, non-interference, laissez-faire, insouciance, nonchalance, cool, caveat-emptor, forbearance, not uptight, not pedantic, gone fishing etc? And what is reckless if not the frontiersman, the riverboat gambler, the test pilot, the chancer?

All quite normal principles of evolution and medical and scientific research. Oozing from the pores of Ed Chernoff, Larry King and Jack Nicholson.

From Dave's unspirited and equivocating response we can easily see that his general position is a mere pose adopted for shock effect which any rep. actor or actress can turn on at will.

He ought to be up in arms at the barefaced nannying we have been witness to not least that of firefly and her coteries of do-gooding little charges. She would make a fine traffic warden would firefly. The whole bloody town would be neatly and properly parked. And a good thing too she would no doubt say.

Think of the diligence, the pains, the assiduity, the worry and the tender loving care she benevolently extends to our welfare. The orderliness, the attention to detail, the thoroughness and meticulousness, of her pedantic nature and scrupulous vigilance, are the very qualities to look for in a baby-sitter. One might easily see that a good dose of such things imparted from behind a wagging, stiff finger will produce the sort of nervous prostration and indecisive anxiety which will render us all catatonic and malleable to her control.

Quote:
Fight your little fight, my boy,
fight and be a man.
Don't be a good little, good little boy
being as good as you can
and agreeing with all the mealy-mouthed, mealy-mouthed
truths that the sly trot out
to protect themselves and their greedy-mouthed, greedy-mouthed
cowardice, every old lout.

D.H.Lawrence. Don'ts.

That's what Larry King meant by "not at all". Bloody barrack-room lawyers and commie apparatchiks and spin-doctors dropping us all in the **** with their nit-picking in the fine print and not a drop of sweat or a calloused hand in sight. Eating, talking, shitting machines.

You have a lot to learn about freedom Dave. A very lot.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 10:04 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You can work most of an unfamiliar word by context.
It's not just a guess, it's an educated guess. And there's always google.
Is there a reason against asking the guy that used it ?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 10:05 am
@izzythepush,
Educated guesses yield educated uncertainties.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 11:49 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

Laziness.
spendius

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 08:27 am
Now that the Bhopal tragedy is back in the news one wonders what the LA prosecutors are doing about the negligence and recklessness which are alleged to have caused 15,000 gruesome deaths, much sickness and continued ground water contamination in the region.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 10:08 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

Laziness.
That 's the reason for ASKING him.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 10:10 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Now that the Bhopal tragedy is back in the news one wonders what the LA prosecutors are doing about the negligence and recklessness which are alleged to have caused 15,000 gruesome deaths, much sickness and continued ground water contamination in the region.
R thay preparing to blame Dr. Murray ?
spendius

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 10:47 am
@OmSigDAVID,
No. There is a move afoot for India to boycott the Olympic Games next year because Dow Chemicals, which now owns Union Carbide, the company responsible for the reckless negligence in Bhopal, is seeking to promote its image with a £7 million sponsorship deal to associate itself with physical fitness and health.

The juxtaposition I offered is by way of comparing the committment to justice in cases like the recent one in the LA court to the justice offered to the poor people of that area of the world. Or, if I may put it another way, to suggest that the prosecution of Dr Murray had more to do with filling the boots of the LA legal, medical and media establishments in the city than with justice. Justice knows no racial barriers. It is an ideal concept and is brought into disrepute when used for selfish purposes.

The coalition of those three insitutions is something I would expect you to disapprove of most stringently.

But I will admit that in the recent case there was a death involved. In the DSK case there was merely an allegation that a breach of good taste, or a misunderstanding, had taken place.

And I am still seeking an explanation of how those sections of media avidly promoting the teaching of evolutionary principles to schoolchildren can have presented Dr Murray's fine reproductive performance in anything less than a golden glow of admiration. If ever a man of talent and prime physical condition has sent his genetic material, his selfish genes, into the future with such success I have not heard of him.
BillRM

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 10:56 am
@spendius,
How far a field are you planing on going to try to dig up some reason or excuse not to punish a reckless and careless doctor?

By your so call logic no one would ever be punish for any misdeed as you can always point out some deed that is worst.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 11:30 am

Let the record indicate
that I have always been a big supporter of SELFISHNESS!!!

David
spendius

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 11:52 am
@BillRM,
I'm not trying to excuse anybody. I am questioning the purity of motive in the prosecution of Dr Murray. If justice is the motive it is very relevant that there are far worse cases.

And you have taken for granted that Dr Murray was criminally reckless and negligent which I think there is genuine doubt about. In doing so you have transferred some of the doctor's responsibility to the legal profession, and to media, and, in the last analysis, taken it away altogether.

What we do have is a dead MJ, a popular doctor in jail, a lot of fat fees and a plethora of cheap and dramatic stories to fit between the ads. Ads represent income--stories represent overheads.
farmerman

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 12:48 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
youre a gunslingin Gilbert Gecko
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 04:24 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
youre a gunslingin Gilbert Gecko
I don 't recognize the reference.

Any chance u meant Gordon Gecko? (WALL STREET movie)
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 06:21 pm
@spendius,
Similar cases in your country had have similar outcomes even when we are not talking about MJ.

There is zero question that he used a drug for off label purposes that to be safe the patient under it need constant monitoring.

He did not provide that level of monitoring either in person or by equipment and as a result the patient died a needless death.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 06:23 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Similar cases in your country had have similar outcomes even when we are not talking about MJ.

There is zero question that he used a drug for off label purposes that to be safe the patient under it need constant monitoring.

He did not provide that level of monitoring either in person or by equipment and as a result the patient died a needless death.
He deserved to have been acquitted.

David
spendius

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 03:54 am
@BillRM,
Quote:

That's an assertion.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 05:48 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

The evidence suggests to me
that decedent grabbed some drugs in his desperation to sleep,
whereof defendant knew not. There was MORE than reasonable room for doubt.

I believe that defendant shoud have been granted judgment in arrest of the verdict.
There is a chance that he will be on appeal, but I woud not bet much on it.

David