Dr. Conrad Murray Found Guilty

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 05:55 am

For whatever it may be worth,
my sense of the situation is that I have a hunch
that if MJ coud speak from the Great Beyond,
he 'd say: give Dr. Murray a break. I did what I had to DO.

Of course, I can 't be sure of that.

David
spendius

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 06:49 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I'm pretty sure Dave.

But the case has had pluses . The evolution proponents in Media conglomerates have been exposed as phoney and a new definition of "justice" has been found.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 07:12 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
He deserved to have been acquitted.

So it ok with you David that in a middle of an operation the anesthesiologist take leaved of the operating room to have phone conversations with his girlfriends?

Oh what the good doctor did is far worst as there were not a team of doctors sand technicians still remaining with the patient in MJ case.
BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 07:13 am
@spendius,
Quote:
That's an assertion.

An assertion that as far as I am aware of no expert on either side disagree with.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 07:26 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
The evidence suggests to me
that decedent grabbed some drugs in his desperation to sleep,
whereof defendant knew not. There was MORE than reasonable room for doubt.

That seem very unlikely to had happen by experts testimony and if it did happen it was the doctor who let his patient with a known drug problem alone with a powerful drug within reach to talk to his girlfriends so his conduct is still manslaughter.
spendius

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 08:00 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
So it ok with you David that in a middle of an operation the anesthesiologist take leaved of the operating room to have phone conversations with his girlfriends?

But it isn't a fair comparison. It was routine for Dr Murray. It had been done many times before obviously without a hitch. And we don't know how many anaesthetists have had a spot of negligence and the dead have been quietly buried. You start from the body. I start from the routine. Had Dr Murray drawn up a chair at the bedside to watch MJ sleep I have little doubt he would have been asleep himself in fairly short order. He might well have done that at the beginning. And found himself asleep. In which case ringing his girlfriends is probably safer because he can pop his head round the door to check which he couldn't if he was asleep. It would likely be a drowsy atmosphere.

You need to get into real people and avoid the caricatures. What you read in the papers was nothing like a proper description of the circumstances. Couldn't get close if they tried.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 08:03 am
@BillRM,

DAVID wrote:
The evidence suggests to me
that decedent grabbed some drugs in his desperation to sleep,
whereof defendant knew not. There was MORE than reasonable room for doubt.
BillRM wrote:

That seem very unlikely to had happen by experts testimony and if it did happen it was the doctor who let his patient with a known drug problem alone with a powerful drug within reach to talk to his girlfriends so his conduct is still manslaughter.
NO; maybe suicide, not homicide.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 08:05 am
@spendius,

Quote:
spendius wrote:

But it isn't a fair comparison. It was routine for Dr Murray. It had been done many times before obviously without a hitch. And we don't know how many anaesthetists have had a spot of negligence and the dead have been quietly buried. You start from the body. I start from the routine. Had Dr Murray drawn up a chair at the bedside to watch MJ sleep I have little doubt he would have been asleep himself in fairly short order. He might well have done that at the beginning. And found himself asleep. In which case ringing his girlfriends is probably safer because he can pop his head round the door to check which he couldn't if he was asleep. It would likely be a drowsy atmosphere.

You need to get into real people and avoid the caricatures. What you read in the papers was nothing like a proper description of the circumstances. Couldn't get close if they tried.
Yeah; maybe thay kept the Doctor awake.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 08:37 am
@spendius,
Maybe there was envy at Dr Murray having a bevy of girlfriends on the go. The deprecation of the distastefulness of such circumstances being a disguise of the envy and intended to play for an audience which wouldn't understand the ridiculous contradiction between deprecations of distastefulness of Dr Murray's selfish genes and promoting the teaching of evolution which cannot but, if it could speak for itself, praise such genes and laud them to the skies on an objective basis. Which is to say scientific.
BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 09:45 am
@spendius,
So people having problems with a doctor leaving a patient that by every medical expert opinion given should be under constant monitoring is only due to them being jealousy of the numbers of his girlfriends?

Oh because you gotten away with reckless behaviors before does not in any way or in any manner make it less of a reckless conduct that should not be punished under the law when it result in death.

If I shoot my 357 up in the air every night for a year and the first day of the new years I kill someone by so doing the fact that I gotten away with it for a year does not in any reduce my legal responsibilities.

spendius

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 12:06 pm
@BillRM,
You think we can reasonably expect Dr Murray to watch a sleeping man for 8 hours in a drowsy atmosphere?

We might reasonably expect you not to shoot your 357 off at random.
firefly

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 12:33 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
You think we can reasonably expect Dr Murray to watch a sleeping man for 8 hours in a drowsy atmosphere?

For $150,000 a month? We sure would expect him to monitor and observe his patient for 8 hours if necessary.
That was what he was being paid to do--to deliver responsible and appropriate medical services whenever MJ required them.

spendius, the trial is over. The man was convicted. I believe he will be sentenced on Tuesday.

Give it a rest already.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 01:04 pm
@firefly,
He has a chance, on appeal. Let 's hope.

David
firefly

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 01:20 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
He has a chance, on appeal.

Yes he does, on the basis of legal arguments relating to the conduct of his trial.

But that has nothing to do with the sort of stuff spendius is spouting.
spendius

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 02:30 pm
@firefly,
Of course it does. He wasn't tried as a human being. He was tried as an automaton.

Quote:
.........................................the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lined,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances.

As You Like It.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 04:52 pm
@spendius,
Let see he, the good doctor, set up the conditions where there was no other means but him to monitor MJ either by electronic devices or others train humans therefore it does not matter one little bit if he could or could not in fact monitor someone for eight hours or not.

If he could not do so then he should not had given the drug to MJ in the first place.

Doing so on it face is so reckless that when MJ die as a result it was clearly manslaughter.

spendius

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 06:10 pm
@BillRM,
Have you ever tried getting to sleep with things attached to your body to detect whether you have carked it? And MJ wasn't about to have agency nursing staff in and out of his bedroom when nobody at all was allowed in his bathroom. And he probably expected Dr Murray to be on hand during the day.

I feel certain that Dr Murray was doing his best for that particular patient in those circumstances which were unique. He is on the record as a highly thought of doctor of the poor. The patient was not only nuts but desperate as well. To talk about the instructions on the bottle under such conditions is ridiculous and exploitative. Such talk preyed upon stupidity.

And with Bhopal on the scene talk of justice is laughable. It was a fill your boots job. A carrion fest. With eyes severe.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 07:32 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Have you ever tried getting to sleep with things attached to your body to detect whether you have carked it?
I wonder what a cark is ?

spendius wrote:
And MJ wasn't about to have agency nursing staff in and out of his bedroom when nobody at all was allowed in his bathroom.
And he probably expected Dr Murray to be on hand during the day.

I feel certain that Dr Murray was doing his best for that particular patient in those circumstances which were unique.
Yes, indeed.

spendius wrote:
He is on the record as a highly thought of doctor of the poor. The patient was not only nuts but desperate as well.
The jury shoud have acquitted on that basis.
That rendered more than reasonable doubt.

spendius wrote:
To talk about the instructions on the bottle under such conditions is ridiculous and exploitative.
The word is EXPLOITIVE. There is no such verb as to exploitate.

spendius wrote:
Such talk preyed upon stupidity.

And with Bhopal on the scene talk of justice is laughable. It was a fill your boots job.
What 's a "fill your boots job"????

izzythepush

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 07:37 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Is it ****. Exploitative is an an adjective.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 07:41 pm
@izzythepush,

OmSigDAVID wrote:
izzythepush wrote:
Is it ****. Exploitative is an an adjective.
I think not. I can consult 1 of my tenants, who is an English professor, to be certain.

In some circumstances, ******* can be exploitive.

David