Dr. Conrad Murray Found Guilty

firefly

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 03:00 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I am simply not barking up the same tree as you are. That my tree is the wrong tree is just another way of claiming you are right and I am wrong

No, that was not a tautology. I gave specific factual reasons for why I thought your conclusion about Dr White was illogical, both in terms of the law, and in terms of what actually went on in the courtroom regarding his testimony. You, on the other hand, simply ignored what I said because you aren't discussing any actual facts of this case, things that actually occurred in that courtroom, or evidence which was entered, instead preferring to weave your own fictional tapestry which you have continue to embellish with embroidery in post after post.

I'm not interested in that fictional plot you have been weaving, spendius, perhaps you can turn it into a screenplay, or novel. You are navel gazing and I just don't find your personal reverie as interesting as you do.

spendius

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 04:09 pm
@firefly,
And I understand why ff. You like to pretend there is no seamy side to all this. You're probably a megalopolitan working off the demand side of the ledger. I'm a peasant.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 04:14 pm
@firefly,
I think my screenplay is more interesting than your's ff.
spendius

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 05:50 pm
@spendius,
I think all this "searching after justice" is bullshit. The fragrance of the honey-pot wafted across the noses is how I see it. Which is okay by me. I understand that more than most. But bullshit stinks.

It doesn't bother me that the most respectable members of LA society are no different to maggots. I'm an evolutionist. It's what I would expect from eating and shitting machines no matter how well dressed and however many statutes they quote.
spendius

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 06:04 pm
@spendius,
I remember where I was when the "breaking news" newsflash came on that MJ was dead. I was in the pub. I remember telling the topers and ne're-do-wells I associate with--"this'll run and run".
spendius

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 08:18 am
@spendius,
I've just watched a programme on a foreign news channel about some problems associated with mining. I think for lead. I couldn't get oriented properly but key words were "Quapaw", "Tar Creek", "Pitcher", "Arkansas", "Oklahoma", "Buyout" and tears. Big tough looking guys crying. Dead rivers. No birds in the sky. Sudden subsidences. Great big holes full of red water. And the number of grossly obese people in the film was astonishing. One old lady was being offered $22,000 to move and leave the house she has lived in all her life. That's what one of these hot-shot lawyers makes in a week I should think with a time clock running as if his life is worth its weight in gold.

And you lot are talking about Dr Murray being reckless and negligent so that some lawyers and media goons in LA can fill their boots and about me be nasty.

No wonder some of you are rich. There's nothing remotely comparable in England.
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 01:35 pm
@spendius,
I'm not rich and I'm not posting to myself either. What's up with that?
firefly

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 01:52 pm
@Arella Mae,
He's posting to himself because everyone else has lost interest in what he's saying.

He sounds jealous of all of the people he's taking about who do make a lot of money.

How much they earn really isn't relevant to this case. People are entitled to be paid for their services.

BTW, Arella Mae, did you see the documentary on MSNBC about Conrad Murray? I know spendi saw it, but all that seems to have impressed him were the pictures of MJ's messy private bathroom and bedroom.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 02:12 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/too-soon.jpg
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 02:54 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
I know spendi saw it, but all that seems to have impressed him were the pictures of MJ's messy private bathroom and bedroom.

Which was a perfectly legitimate thing to do and is why the film showed it. It added to the evidence that Dr Murray was not dealing with your ordinary everyday person, of which type there is supposed to be one born every minute, and for whom the law is of necessity promulgated. What was said in the film you have all already read versions of in the papers or seen somebody read them off a teleprompter. What's the point of mentioning any of that? I don't assume A2Kers need to be conducted round the block more than once. Unless it's a particulary delicate point of course and needs to be approached gradually and from a number of directions. Such as what a bunch of bloody Roundheads you lot are. Passion you don't do. Anybody who does passion emphasises with momentary passions and can put himself in the sense of the passions of those tragic moments. A passion for money is a passion for money. That's why Mr White was out of order speculating with authority, derived from science no less, on what he would have done in all the circumstances. He hadn't a clue. And a judge is the sort of person one might reasonable expect to know that.

So less of the nasty, snidey remarks girls because they have no effect on me I can assure you. I'm a romantic peasant. I know who can and can't write.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 05:15 pm
@firefly,
No, I didn't watch it. As far as I'm concerned, his interview with the police told me more than I needed to know about the doctor.

spendius is perfectly welcome to his views on this case as we all are. I just don't have to see why he has to be so bloody nasty about it. I surely do not get why he thinks because someone famous or artistic is involved that should make what the doctor did more excusable because it doesn't.
spendius

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 05:28 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
I surely do not get why he thinks because someone famous or artistic is involved that should make what the doctor did more excusable because it doesn't.

That's what a Roundhead is Arella. Somebody who thinks like that.
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 05:46 pm
@spendius,
What were you saying a moment ago about snide remarks?
spendius

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 05:51 pm
@Arella Mae,
Roundheads are in a large majority Arella. It's normal. It was compliment.
spendius

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 05:53 pm
@spendius,
It was a Roundhead verdict.
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 06:13 pm
@spendius,
If it's a compliment than please accept my apology for thinking otherwise.
spendius

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 07:08 am
@Arella Mae,
It is a fairly well known medical fact that mental states can cause dangerous illness. Tense and unrelieved emotions can cause diabetes. The increase in diabetes in recent years may be due to such things as worry over forthcoming examinations or employment interviews. Or having no or inadequate medical insurance. Or parental pressure to achieve. White Coat syndrome causes difficulty in measuring blood pressure because the application of the measuring apparatus by a physician causes blood pressure increase.

The pale skin of the face and dryness in the mouth with fear, salivation at the sight or even the thought of relishing food, vomiting, diarrhea, goose flesh, hair standing on end, blushing, shivering, sweating etc etc can all be caused by mental states because the mind controls the brain which controls the central nervous system.

The use of drugs to alleviate physical symptoms of every sort always has dangers and a trade off is a necessity depending upon the severity of the symptoms, which are dangers as well, and the risk attached to the drug.

One very noticeable feature of MJ's chaotic living quarters, which firefly couldn't be bothered noticing, in her eagerness to make nasty and snidey remarks about my mentioning them, was the number of books distributed in a way that suggested they were regularly consulted. My living quarters are a bit similar. I can recognise a poseur's bookshelves and those of people who actually read them and who cross reference what they read.

Whether MJ could be classed as a raging hypochondriac or not it is obvious that he was obsessed by his physical state as are athletes and other performers whose physical state is a major factor in what they do. Given that obsession and the number of books lying about it is reasonable to suppose that MJ was up to speed on the medical considerations relating to mind/brain/ physical relations.

And we also know from evidence given that he was in a very high degree of unrelieved emotion which could only be alleviated by doing the 50 London concerts successfully or cancelling them. At the time under consideration neither of these palliatives were available to him. The dependence of many other people on his performance, he could have filed bankruptcy and blown to some out of the way place, was a factor gearing already acute emotions to a degree unlikely to ever have been experienced by anybody in the courtroom, in media or in the audience.

If the condition he was in, or felt himself to be in, was thought to be dangerous to his health then the Propofol can be medically indicated as a trade off with the risks accepted just as dangerous drugs are often used as the lesser of two evils. People have died in the dentist's chair.

In an extreme form, and MJ was extremity on the hoof, the Propofol was necessary to save his life. He was going under from emotional stress. Business men do, people who have lost their long time spouse do, dogs even when their owner dies or leaves, and unhurt survivors of natural disasters. In fact, before the coroner's verdict most intelligent people assumed that stress is what killed MJ.

Why was such a defence not presented to the court? Why did the judge rule against any sign of such a defence being tentatively introduced? Why was the bail application so uselessly presented as I think firefly said it was? Why was one courtroom camera fixed on Dr Murray's face during the whole case? Would anybody here not attempt to put on a fixed, inscrutable expression in such circumstances? Only a lynch mob would hold that against Dr Murray.

I could attempt to answer such questions. I have already partially done so using what discretion I could muster.

firefly's claim to have "watched" the hearing is only valid if we know how she watched it. She saw what she wanted to see in the firm conviction that Dr Murray was guilty. "There is no truth, there is only perception" is a quote from Flaubert which edgarblythe uses as his signature line.

spendius

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 07:45 am
@spendius,
Quote:
On my knees, Mrs. Worthington,
Please, Mrs. Worthington,
Don't put your daughter on the stage!

With Noel Coward's advice being so widely known was the Jackson family recklessly negligent in putting MJ on the stage at such a young age as they did? Is their persecution of Dr Murray a way of distracting attention from what they did to their son in order to make money?

Shouldn't the stage be reserved for those who rise to its demands naturally.

ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 07:47 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
With Noel Coward's advice being so widely known

hahahahahahahaha
spendius

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 07:54 am
@spendius,
Bob Dylan put himself on the stage in the teeth of vociferous opposition from his family and he lived like a bum for two long years before his faith in himself was shared by millions of people. He was no creation derived from the ambitions and greed of others.