Dr. Conrad Murray Found Guilty

spendius

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 06:13 pm
@wayne,
It was a professional opinion of defence lawyers that there was a point to make. One man says "no" and then allows Mr White to blurt pure sentimental shite across his courtroom.

And another judge in that neck of the woods took it upon himself to reverse Prop 8 and it turned out he was a homosexual.
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 07:26 pm
@spendius,
Did you watch the trial or not?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 07:27 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
It was a trial about a doctor's negligent act wherein the result was someone died.

Leaving aside "negligence", which I would dispute, it was this doctor and not many another whose real negligence, incompetence and stupidity resulted in a death, a paralysis or a mental wrecking.
Of course it is THIS doctor! We are talking about THIS CASE!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 07:30 pm
@firefly,
I'm going to have to look it up because I do think it's illegal to be in possession of all those medicines with different names. I am not sure so let me research it a bit.
MMarciano

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 07:35 pm
@CalamityJane,
Well said Jane. This man was his doctor and keeps prescribing dangerous medications to his patient. I agree with the verdict. This man has no business practicing medicine in any state.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 08:47 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
A drug with the dangers you are saying Probofol carries would, here, be subject to stringent controls. Every drop would have to be signed for, accounted for and the use justified. It seems to be swilling around in your state controlled situation to the extent that people, even off duty anesthetists, are shooting it up for fun.

The state seems to me to have so recklessly disregarded the medical standard of care that should accompany administration of this drug that it was an abuse of its subjects

Propofol is not a dangerous drug when properly administered, under appropriate conditions for it's use, with proper safeguards in place. It is the primary drug used to produce short periods of sedation for surgical and medical procedures. Approximately 30 million Americans undergo anesthesia each year, and 90% of these cases involve propofol.
Quote:
For general anesthesia or monitored anesthesia care (MAC) sedation, Propofol Injectable Emulsion should be administered only by persons trained in the administration of general anesthesia and not involved in the conduct of the surgical/diagnostic procedure. Sedated patients should be continuously monitored, and facilities for maintenance of a patent airway, providing artificial ventilation, administering supplemental oxygen, and instituting cardiovascular resuscitation must be immediately available. Patients should be continuously monitored for early signs of hypotension, apnea, airway obstruction, and/or oxygen desaturation. These cardiorespiratory effects are more likely to occur following rapid bolus administration, especially in the elderly, debilitated, or ASA-PS III or IV patients.http://www.drugs.com/pro/propofol.html

All general anesthesias can interfere with respiration--they do not induce "sleep", they produce a state of unconsciousness--which is why they must be given only in highly controlled medical environments, by medical speciaists specifically trained in their use, who continuously monitor and observe the patient during administration, and who have resuscitation and life-support equipment, as well as other medical personnel, available to them if needed.

It was Conrad Murray who recklessly disregarded the medical standard of care that should accompany administration of this drug--the state has nothing to do with it. Maintaining the standard of care, in order to insure patient safety, is the physician's responsibility.

The problem of drug-abusing physicians is not relevant to this case, except to note that a high percentage of the very small number of anethesiologists who abuse this drug by self administration do suffer fatal reactions--precisely because they are not monitored or properly observed by another medical professional. But physicians can, and do, abuse a wide variety of drugs, and restricting such drugs does not generally curtail the abuse.
And, because Propofol is so widely used, and desirable, for surgical procedures and sedation, it is a drug which must be continuously available to anethesiologists, for necessary patient care, particularly in emergencies, and any type of restriction might interfere with that primary need. But, because of the increasing reports of abuse or misuse, mainly by medical personnel, the American Society of Anesthesiology has recommended to the DEA that Propofol be made a controlled substance .

0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 09:31 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
One man says "no" and then allows Mr White to blurt pure sentimental shite across his courtroom.

Dr Paul White, who was the defense's chief medical witness in this case, is considered one of the world's foremost experts in the field of ambulatory anesthesia and intravenous anesthesia. White was one of the first to test propofol, and his clinical trial led to approval of the drug by the FDA. Despite his testimony for the defense, on cross-examination, White had to concede that Conrad Murray violated the medical standard of care by administering propofol in a home setting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Frederick_White

I watched Dr. White's entire testimony, which you apparently did not do, and I would hardly characterize it as "sentimental shite".

You are talking about a trial you did not watch, but which you none-the-less dismiss as being a "show trial", you have no regard for, and little understanding of, the legal process or legal procedures involved in an actual trial, you are seemingly unacquainted with the basic and salient facts of this criminal case, and you arrogantly think you know more than the lawyers, expert witnesses, and judge involved in this case, not to mention the 12 people who sat on the jury and reached a unanimous verdict.

You are so full of "shite" and vacuous hot air, I can see no purpose in continuing to respond to your posts, which are more your personal reveries than any substantive discussion of this topic.

firefly

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 10:13 pm
The first juror to speak out in this trial has given an interview in which she talks about what went on in the jury room.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/michael-jackson-absolutely-alive-conrad-murray-juror/story?id=14912611

And NBC is airing interviews with Murray which were taped before the verdict was reached
Quote:

Jackson Doctor defends self in NBC broadcasts
LINDA DEUTSCH, AP Special Correspondent
Wednesday, November 9, 2011

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The doctor convicted of killing Michael Jackson never testified at his trial, but he is now defending himself in multiple NBC interviews taped just days before a jury returned his guilty verdict.

NBC's "Today" show planned to broadcast interviews with Dr. Conrad Murray in which he defends his use of the surgical anesthetic propofol to put Jackson to sleep. Although multiple experts testified at his trial that propofol should not have been administered in Jackson's home, the doctor disagreed.

"I think propofol is not recommended to be given in the home setting," Murray said, "but it is not contraindicated."

He also said Jackson had been using the substance long before the pop star met Murray.

The interview with the Houston cardiologist, who was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter Monday, is set to air Thursday and Friday. NBC released excerpts of the interview Wednesday.

Under questioning by the "Today" show's Savannah Guthrie, Murray said it was not necessary for him to monitor Jackson because he had given him only a small dose of propofol, and he said that was the reason he didn't mention it to paramedics when they arrived at Jackson's mansion.

"That's a very sad reason," he said, "because it was inconsequential — 25 milligrams and the effect's gone. Means nothing."

Guthrie asked, "Well, you told them about the other drugs, but you didn't tell them about propofol?"

"Because it had no effect," Murray said. "It was not an issue."

The coroner would subsequently find that Jackson, 50, died of "acute propofol intoxication" after a huge dose of the drug complicated by other sedatives.

Murray's defense tried to show that Jackson gave himself an extra dose of propofol while Murray was out of the room, but prosecution experts said there was no evidence of that and it was a crazy theory.

Asked by Guthrie if he became distracted by phone calls, emailing and text messages, Murray said, "No I was not."

"When I looked at a man who was all night deprived of sleep, who was desperate for sleep and finally is getting some sleep, am I gonna sit over him, sit around him, tug on his feet, do anything unusual to wake him up? No," Murray said.

"You walked out of the room to talk on the phone?" Guthrie asked.

"Absolutely, I wanted him to rest."

He insisted Jackson was not on an infusion that would stop his breathing and, "I was not supposed to be monitoring him at that time because there was no need for monitoring."

Other doctors testified at Murray's trial that leaving a patient alone after giving him an anesthetic was an egregious deviation from the standard of care expected of a physician.

In one exchange, Murray suggested that had he known that Jackson had a problem with addiction to medications he might have acted differently. Experts testified that he should have researched Jackson's medical history before he undertook his treatment for insomnia.

On the day Jackson died, June 25, 2009, Murray said he believed he had weaned the singer off of propofol, the drug Jackson called his "milk."

But when Jackson could not sleep, Murray told "Today," he gave the entertainer a very small dose of propofol.

In retrospect, he said he probably should have walked away when Jackson asked for propofol. But he said he would have been abandoning a friend.

Meanwhile, the disclosure that MSNBC will air a documentary about Murray brought outrage Wednesday from the executors of Jackson's estate, who said Murray is getting a prime-time platform to smear Jackson's reputation without fear of cross-examination.

The executors, John Branca and John McClain, demanded the program entitled "Michael Jackson and the Doctor: A Fatal Friendship" be cancelled. The network said it had no comment.

Murray, 58, was hired by Jackson at a promised salary of $150,000 a month to accompany the singer on his "This Is It" concert tour to London.

A jury that heard six weeks of testimony convicted Murray of involuntary manslaughter. He is now being held in Los Angeles County Jail awaiting sentencing Nov. 29 and could face up to four years in prison.
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Jackson-Doctor-defends-self-in-NBC-broadcasts-2259928.php

Oh, he tells the police he had given Jackson IV propofol for what, 40 or 50 straight nights, but we are supposed to believe that he didn't do that the day MJ died? And we are supposed to believe that he had weaned MJ off the drug, at the same he was ordering 4 gallons of it to be used on Jackson? And, if Jackson was weaned off it, why would he have suddenly impulsively self-administered it? And Conrad Murray must have been the only person on the planet who didn't know MJ had a long-standing problem with prescription drugs.

Dr Murray is not a very good liar. He could never have weathered a cross-examination if he had taken the stand in his own defense.
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 10:31 pm
@firefly,
In his taped interview with the police he said he "was weaning" MJ off the propofol and he had given it to him for the past twenty nights. I think the doctor would be better off keeping his mouth shut from here on out. He only contradicts his taped interview with the police.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 10:39 pm
@Arella Mae,
Since we were taking about whether Murray could profit from this, I thought you'd be interested in this article--I found it very interesting. I had wondered how Murray had managed to pay for his defense.
Quote:
Did British documentary pay for Murray's costly defense?

Michael Jackson's physician, convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the singer's death, was deeply in debt when he began working for Jackson. NBC purchased the film for broadcast this weekend.
By Harriet Ryan and James Rainey, Los Angeles Times
November 10, 2011

The verdict is in, the jury has been dismissed, and Dr. Conrad Murray sits behind bars, but one question about the trial of Michael Jackson's doctor remains: Who paid for the defense?

Speculation about how the cash-strapped physician funded an expansive legal team focused Wednesday on a British documentary made with Murray's cooperation and purchased recently by NBC for broadcast on its cable network MSNBC this weekend. Representatives of Jackson's estate demanded the network cancel the program, entitled "Michael Jackson and the Doctor: A Fatal Friendship," in part because of unanswered questions about whether Murray was compensated for giving filmmakers interviews and allowing camera crews to follow him and his lawyers.

"We would like to know how much money in total was paid for this privileged 'access,' " estate co-executors John Branca and John McClain wrote in a letter Wednesday to executives at NBC, MSNBC and its parent company, Comcast. "It doesn't matter to us if it was a production company, Comcast, NBC Universal or MSNBC that paid for access to Dr. Murray because all are morally culpable."

Murray was in debt close to $800,000 on the day Jackson died and his financial circumstances worsened in the months that followed as intense media coverage hurt his ability to earn money as a cardiologist. But after signing a deal with a British producer in 2009, he was able to assemble a defense team that included four attorneys, a jury consultant, a publicist, and a host of medical experts. He was convicted of involuntary manslaughter Monday.

Those involved in the documentary refused to discuss details of the deal with Murray. They repeatedly reiterated a statement by October Films, the London-based production company, that it paid only a nominal $1 fee to Murray. Left unaddressed, though, were questions about whether the doctor received a portion of fees paid by television outlets in Britain, Australia and at least 10 other countries that will air the program.

The circumstances surrounding the documentary raise a host of thorny issues, including how carefully NBC investigated the provenance of a film that offered exclusive interviews and footage in a highly competitive news story, and whether the doctor violated a court-imposed gag order, even as he shielded from his own lawyers the extent of his cooperation with the filmmakers.

In the final days of his manslaughter trial, Murray sat for wide-ranging interviews about Jackson's death with NBC and a British outlet as part of the documentary package those networks purchased. Murray's criminal attorneys said they were never told of the interviews, given despite their warnings about "the dangers of talking about June 25th" — the day the singer died

"They just didn't tell me because they know I'd freak out," said lead defense attorney Ed Chernoff, who said he learned of the interviews the morning after the verdict when portions aired on NBC.

Murray, who decided not to take the stand in his own defense, is in jail pending sentencing later this month and could not be reached for comment.

All payments to Murray's lawyers came directly from the doctor, not the filmmakers, Chernoff said. He acknowledged telling Murray shortly after they met that financial resources were crucial to a court case in which the prosecution seemed to have an unlimited budget for forensic experts and investigators.

"I told him early and I told him often that the only way he was going to be able to defend himself was to have money. He had to fund his case or he would never be able to defend himself," Chernoff said.

At the time Murray's Las Vegas home was in foreclosure. He was behind on child support and student loan payments. He owed money to credit companies and a medical equipment supplier. And because Jackson never signed his contract, Murray never received any of the $150,000-a month fee he was supposed to get as the singer's personal physician.

Subsequently, Murray was approached by Leon Lecash, a British photographer turned entrepreneur whose ventures included a butler service that, according to one press report, "promises to solve any problem." Lecash was among hundreds of outlets begging Murray for an interview, but according to the doctor's former publicist, Miranda Sevcik, Lecash's company – what's it all about? productions – was the only one willing to delay broadcast until after a verdict.

"This was the only group that approached us that agreed to that caveat — until all litigation was complete," Sevcik said.

Camera crews began trailing Murray to church, his charity clinic in Houston and meetings with his lawyers. Chernoff said he sought advice from the California State Bar before agreeing to be filmed. The doctor began providing him money, he said, but he never asked about the source.

"It wasn't pertinent to what I was doing," he said. Asked whether he assumed the money came from the documentary, Chernoff replied, "I can't say that because I don't know for sure."

Others on Murray's team said they agreed to be filmed, but purposefully avoided discussions about the documentary and Murray's deal with producers.

"I specifically asked not to be involved in any of the financial aspects," said defense publicist Mark Fierro.

Filming continued throughout the trial even after the judge issued a gag order barring lawyers from discussing the case outside of court.

In October, before the defense had even rested its case, the filmmakers began shopping the documentary to broadcast and cable networks. They wanted close to $500,000 for American rights, according to a source at a network that passed on the film, and were offering a sit-down interview with Murray. NBC bought the rights and began airing clips of Murray describing Jackson's last moments on "The Today Show" the morning after the verdict. The documentary is set to air on MSNBC on Friday night and again Sunday.

NBC declined to say what it paid the filmmakers, but said in a statement, "Neither Dr. Murray nor his legal defense were compensated in any way."

A network source added that October Films had assured NBC that no part of the licensing fee would make its way to the doctor or his lawyers. The network did not respond to follow-up questions, including whether it had asked if Murray was paid through Zodiak Rights, the British company handling international distribution.

Zodiak boasted in a news release the day Murray was convicted that the company had presold the documentary in more than a dozen countries, but the company did not respond to questions about whether any of the money had been passed on to Murray.

When pressed about why the deeply indebted physician — who initially demanded $5 million a year to work for Jackson — would have granted camera crews access for only $1, a publicist for October Films replied, "You have to look at Zodiak. You would need to talk to Zodiak Rights about the international rights."

Van Gordon Sauter, president of CBS News in the 1980s, said NBC's payment to the production company effectively paved the way for the exclusive interview with Murray, a practice frowned on by most mainstream news organizations.

"I don't know how you can look at that and not come to the conclusion that they were paying for the interview," said Sauter, who worked as a journalism professor and public television executive after leaving CBS. He said that practice is disdained because it makes news organizations appear to be in alliance with newsmakers, potentially encouraging subjects to embellish their stories.

"This doesn't strike me as something that's appropriate," Sauter said. "MSNBC is spending a lot of time talking [in promotions] about 'Leaning forward,' and I think this is tripping backward."

There is a long history of media outlets paying newsmakers, even notorious ones, for access. The man accused of kidnapping the Lindbergh baby was defended by an acclaimed lawyer, with payments coming from the Hearst Newspapers in exchange for exclusive access to the defendant, Bruno Richard Hauptmann.

Testimony in a hearing last year revealed that ABC had paid $200,000 to Casey Anthony, accused of murdering her daughter Caylee. The money reportedly went to "license" the use of the Anthony family's photos and videos and was available for Anthony's defense. After a wave of bad publicity, ABC said it would in the future not make such payments, which a network spokesman called an unnecessary "crutch" to good news gathering.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-1110-murray-doc-20111110,0,1614288,full.story

It will be interesting to see if the Jackson estate is successful in getting MSNBC to cancel or postpone the broadcast of the documentary this Friday night.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 11:38 pm
@firefly,
To postpone showing it is to devalue their asset.
Woud a show on the Charles Lindbergh baby kidnapping be more interesting now or in 1932 ?

That 's asking them to throw $$ in the garbage.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 06:05 am
@firefly,

Quote:
You are so full of "shite" and vacuous hot air, I can see no purpose in continuing to respond to your posts, which are more your personal reveries than any substantive discussion of this topic.

Aaah!! The farmerman method of debate. Both the following quotes are from your posts.

Quote:
The defense had originally wanted to blame MJ's dermatologist as well, for giving MJ high doses of Demerol by injection which might have contributed to his insomnia, but, since MJ had no Demerol in his system at the time of his death, the judge would not allow that sort of evidence to be presented because it was irrelevant to the issue of Murray's guilt or innocence in causing MJ's death.

Quote:
“I wouldn’t even consider it,” he added. "It's something no amount of money could convince me to take on."

The first one seems to me to be a reasonable request by the defence to pursue a line which they must have thought relevant and, on the face of it, seems a possible defence, which is dismissed out of hand by the judge using an assertion which might also be a non sequitur.

The second one doesn't mean anything. It's a "what I would have done if I had been there". And he wasn't there so there is no way of knowing what he would have done. And such a remark is calculated to make a great impression on the jurors. It should have been struck from the record, Mr White admonished and the jury told to ignore it. It's a fantasy which shines the golden glow of virtue on the speaker and makes a strong invidious comparison with the defendant.

And I didn't say, or imply, that Dr White's testimony was "sentimental shite". I said that that part of it, which is the part you quoted, was "sentimental shite" and it is as a fact and it's also a fact that your emotional outburst makes no attempt to dispute that fact.

Dr White's expertise and experience have nothing to do with whether that statement was sentimental shite. And they have a great deal to do with the impression the silly statement makes on the jury.

Which all adds up to an impression I had from the beginning that it was a kangaroo court solely constituted for financial reasons with possible insurance considerations if MJ did administer the fatal dose himself.

And you have failed to deal with the point, not by any means the only point you have failed to deal with, of how so much Propofol has become detached from the manufacturer's recommended appropriate setting. Such recommendations are designed to reduce claims for misuse such as "keep out of reach of children". It's a pedantic consideration and you rely on it to bolster your position.

And why did the judge refuse bail before sentencing on the grounds that Dr Murray was a danger to the public? And how could he possibly abscond? He's skint and everybody knows what he looks like.

And what about ed's post about how highly Dr Murray is thought of where he comes from?

Is there no appeal planned?
spendius

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 06:09 am
@firefly,
Quote:
"I told him early and I told him often that the only way he was going to be able to defend himself was to have money. He had to fund his case or he would never be able to defend himself," Chernoff said.

What a shocking thing to say about Californian justice. It's only for the rich eh? The rest of you can't defend yourselves. Dave's right--your "baby" has taken charge of you.
farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 06:23 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Aaah!! The farmerman method of debate.
It must be judiciously applied, like I only apply my method of debate when the opponent is vacuous and full of ****.

Seems that people can catch on really quick to spendis irrelevancies and pointless diversions.

Farmerman loves debate. What spendi engages in is applied ADD. It doesnt pay to continue with him because , as he loses touch with the point of debate, he tries to cover up with a smokescreen of extrinsic gobbledegook
spendius

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 07:22 am
@farmerman,
There you go-- a perfect example.

No attempt to justify Mr White's speculations as to what he would have done as admissible evidence. No attempt to justify the judge's refusal to allow the defence to pursue a point they thought relevant. No attempt to justify the refusal of bail.

Just a faint, feeble, flaccid, flimsy, forceless, fragile and frail farrago of flapdoodle stands ready to convince. The debate points are irrelevant when fm is so habituated to trying to shout everybody down who has the temerity to say something he disagrees with and without the botheration of him saying why he doesn't agree. The blowtorch debater.

A lot of teachers and ex-teachers are like that due to them having long experience of a rounded up audience who are too young to know any different or one who daren't say boo to a goose if they want the certificate the chump has been authorised to sign by some mysterious process it is best not to look into by those a little faint of heart.

It's called bloviating I believe.

I notice fm is keeping stum about events at Penn State University sports department. Or, to translate, it's okay to diddle lads as long as you're not a priest.
spendius

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 07:31 am
@farmerman,
It is an assertion, with no meaning outside the noggin of the asserter, that the opponent is vacuous and full of ****.

Just as it is an equally meaningless assertion that the opponent is employing irrelevancies and pointless diversions.

As also "Farmerman loves debate."

Ditto for the ADD.

Repeat for the "doesnt pay to continue". And again for all the remainder of what would sound like a cow pissing on a flat rock if one was within hearing range of a vocalisation of it.
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 08:27 am
@spendius,
Quote:
No attempt to justify Mr White's speculations as to what he would have done as admissible evidence. No attempt to justify the judge's refusal to allow the defence to pursue a point they thought relevant. No attempt to justify the refusal of bail.

You just put your hands over your ears and march right on, thinking word salad constitutes valid argument.
Testimony by expert witnesses is professional opinion, admissible and open to rebuttal. In this case the rebuttal turned out to be agreement.

As far as the Judge's decision not to allow the defense to pursue the point you happen to think they believed relevant, the defense needed to show that the point was relevant, not just believe so, they failed to show relevance and the Judge ruled against them.

I highly doubt he would rule events at Penn State to be relevant either.
Mame

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 09:00 am
@spendius,
Everyone is entitled to a defense - it's not just the rich. When you have no money, you're awarded a legal aid lawyer - a public defender - but not a whole team of people. And likely no one would have done it pro bono because of the particulars in this case and his unlikelihood to get off.

What is it you do agree with here, Spendi? That he had some responsibility in MJ's death? That he didn't monitor the propofol? That he shouldn't have administered it in the first place? That he lied to the EMRs and the police afterwards about how long he was gone and why he left? Do you agree with anything at all?
spendius

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 09:20 am
@wayne,
Quote:
Testimony by expert witnesses is professional opinion, admissible and open to rebuttal.

HTF can anybody rebut Mr White's claim that he wouldn't have done it for any amount of money when the choice of what he might do was being made before this case highlighted the issues involved and nobody was thinking too seriously about this new media horrorshow Propofol. Mr Murray wouldn't have done it either with hindsight.

I think, and as everybody knows I'm no legal expert, that the passionate outburst of Mr White was inadmissible precisely because it can't be rebutted. And because of the powerful effect such extreme language will have had on the jury of the average American, who cicerone imposter just described on another thread and which I will forbear repeating on account of my tender nature. Experts being gods and all.

Could he have been there to sacrifice Mr Murray on behalf of the medical profession as a whole and do what News International did with the claim it was just one rogue hacker and now that he's "caught", like in a 3rd and 27 on own 1 yard line, everything has been cleansed that needed cleaning.

Did anybody who carefully watched the trial notice the reaction on the defence chairs to what Mr White said? It was unnecessary for his expert testimony for him to tag that on the end of it. It was a stiletto in the back. And Mr White gets to sound like Mr Nice Guy slipping it in.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 10:10 am
"Michael Jackson’s death was a homicide caused primarily by the powerful anesthetic propofol and another sedative, the coroner announced Friday in a highly anticipated ruling increasing the likelihood of criminal charges against the pop star’s doctor.

The Los Angeles County coroner’s office determined the cause of death was “acute propofol intoxication.” Lorazepam, another sedative sold under the brand name Ativan, contributed to the death.

Additional drugs detected in Jackson’s system were the sedatives midazolam and diazepam, the painkiller lidocaine and the stimulant ephedrine."

So they determined it was a lethal dose of the propofol? With all that other crap in his system?

So the Dr. gets 4 years, so what? Just enough time to write a book.

Look for some revealing material to come out about Jackson, his lifestyle, and the family from this Dr. - wo probably knows a whole lot about the Jacksons they'd rather not come out.

I predict a light sentence, in exchange for keeping his mouth shut.