This just in from Herman Cain:

TheLeapist

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:22 pm
@parados,
"Fundamentalist Mormon" is an entirely different religion that broke off at that exact time you mentioned. They don't follow nor believe any of the mormon leaders along with most mormon beliefs.

My best friend is mormon and it's hilarious the things he tells me that people ask him that are absurd. People have the strangest beliefs about the mormons, probably because of all the semi-secrecy within the religion.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:28 pm
@TheLeapist,
Such as their past history of discrimination against blacks.
TheLeapist

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Indeed. They've had more than a few sketchy moments/phases throughout their history. All religions have though. That's why I don't understand why people point fingers at the mormons specifically so often. If you're against religion in general that's understandable and a different story, but being anti-mormon specifically confuses me.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:43 pm
@TheLeapist,
it may be bicycle envy...
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 02:21 pm
@TheLeapist,
Most religions have different sects. I know that. But you are arguing that using an adjective makes it a different religion? I don't think so. Those that broke off from the Mormon Church would probably claim they are the TRUE Mormons.

Would you argue that "fundamentalist Christians" aren't Christian? Don't try to tell them that unless you want a huge fight on your hands.

TheLeapist

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 02:33 pm
@parados,
But it's still an entirely different religion. It just happened to brake off of mormonism. They are currently not affiliated with "normal" mormons in any way. That's all I'm trying to say. Anything the "fundamentalist mormons" do or say doesn't represent the beliefs or desires of "normal" mormons in any way, shape or form. You are arguing that a noun makes them the same religion? If any random member of any church goes and starts a new one with the same name but with an adjective tacked on it, that makes the "father" church automatically responsible for and associated with the new church's actions? I don't think so.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 02:35 pm
Herman Cain has announced that whichever religion buys the most of his book(s), he'll convert to that religion as soon as his royalty checks clear.
jespah

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 02:40 pm
@tsarstepan,
I still await the winner-take-all mud wrestling match between the Cain accusers and the Clinton accusers. I hear Clarence Thomas will be the Special Guest Referee.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 02:44 pm
@jespah,
That would make a great pay per view event: Bill Clinton vs Herman Cain!

Heck, I'd pay to see Clinton smash a metaphorical chair over Cain's head in a debate (sans mud wrestling).
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 03:03 pm
@TheLeapist,
I don't know why I have to defend it. Herman Cain said it. Laughing

parados

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 03:06 pm
@parados,
Herman Cain announces he was responsible for the Northwest Ordinance.

Cain also wishes Gingrich would remind people of that every time since Gingrich keeps mentioning it.
TheLeapist

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 03:09 pm
@parados,
Herman Cain claims HE invented the internet and he doesn't know who this Gore fellow is.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 07:59 pm
Listen Herman Cain, REAL conservatives marry their mistresses. Just ask Newt Gingrich.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 12:56 pm
Herman Cain announces he is suspending his campaign and will be endorsing Herbert Hoover.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 12:58 pm
Herman Cain announced he will not seek a second term as president.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 01:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
King Cain announced his book will be sold at a discount.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 01:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Herman Cain admits to signing a 4 picture deal with the fresh new moving pictures' director, D. W. Griffith, with an option for a 5th movie to be determined later.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 01:53 pm
Herman Cain is lending his name to promote a producer of Jheri Curl Activator Solution.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 02:07 pm
Herman Cain just announced:

Billie Jeans not my lover, she’s just a girl who claims, I am the one, but the kids not my son.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 02:17 pm
Cain announces: "Sexual freedom ain't free !"
0 Replies