Can Obama Lose? Will he be a one-term president?

Below viewing threshold (view)
Fido

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2012 10:47 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Your purpose is to make libtards look normal... never give up, you can do it!
Why would anyone want to make a liberal look normal... It is normal to be retarded, racist, and reactionary... If all of those who were not also so lazy they could not get off of their asses were to vote as they think, that the poor owe the rich a living, and that blacks should be property instead of property-less; then no democrat would stand a chance in any election...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2012 10:54 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

The president of the United States (Obama) is a mother's revenge against the America she despised.
Great idea... Shoot negro babies at dispicable America until America gives up... Are there any women out there in virtual land willing to be human canons for human canonballs until vestigial royalists let go of their branches and act human???...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2012 11:05 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

As far as I'm concerned you pedal Nazi's should respect fast moving motorized vehicles.
And any of you that are found riding two or more abreast on a public road deserve to be run over.
Where is the shade understanding that could paint you human??? It is a lot easier for people in cars protected from their own stupidity to act stupid... In this sense, the difficulty of enemies reaching us at home has made our foreign policy more stupid than stratigic... In any event, fellow human beings doing stupid stuff even when it is dangerous to their health deserve some human understanding... People wear their ear buds in when they shouldn't... A great number, considering, have been hit by trains... You would think, that even with the band blasting that they might have felt the earth tremble, and consider what a coincidence it was to their standing on the tracks... I do not propose to protect people from their stupidity... That must have happened to you many times, or to your parents for you to be able to grace these pages with words sans wit... Just try to understand, that people on bicycles are generally less careless because they are more aware of their vulnerability, and that people in cars with the music on, or lighting a cigarette, or distracted by cell phones are unconscious of the vulnerability of bicyclist because they are themselves invulnerable...
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2012 11:06 am
@Fido,
The truth is that us bicyclists make fatasses in their SUV's feel bad about their pathetic life condition, so they like to hate on our superiority.

Cycloptichorn
Fido

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2012 11:08 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Obama: One term - that's all .. Razz
I am glad you stopped counting beyond your understanding... Stick with what you know, and know what you are sticking to... That is the fly paper philosophy, and my gift to you...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2012 11:19 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

The truth is that us bicyclists make fatasses in their SUV's feel bad about their pathetic life condition, so they like to hate on our superiority.

Cycloptichorn
Let them be responsible for their own emotions... The pathetic hate... They fear the future and feel they are unloved and unlovable, and that is why they hate... I love to bicycle, and though we have a park near that gives a path either to down town, or to the East side, and the campus, we still have to do some road biking to get to the park... People are usually more kind than cruel, but there are a lot of idiots as well... I try to be aware, and to avoid trouble... I know from my own experience riding bikes and motor cycles, that it is easy to be missed, and as we age, and I am pushing 60, our eyes let us down... Where before we saw, now we must look, and look again... I miss cars of a certain color often enough to be scared of killing some one... Unowho seems to look forward to murder... That may be the only sin I have not commited on purpose, and I would like to keep it that way...On purpose..
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 10:03 am
I thought during the Bush administration that those of us on the left and some libertarians who were against Bush's policies were very motivated to make sure we didn't get another like him. But that motivation don't even come close to how much conservatives of all persuasions want Obama out. Here is maybe an extreme example.

Mike O'Neal, Kansas House Speaker, Apologizes For Email, Says He Wasn't Urging Obama's Death

Quote:
"The forward contained a single verse and was only intended as election commentary regarding the president's days in office. I have apologized, and I am sincerely sorry," O'Neal said in an email.

O'Neal's email sent to friends and colleagues cited part of Psalm 109:8 which in some interpretations reads: 'Let his days be few; and let another take his office.'

The following verse reads, "May his children be orphans and his wife a widow."

Not the best quote to quote in the Bible. The entire section is basically a plea for the death of David's adversary, his children and wife be widowed and orphaned and all his descendants be vagabonds.

psalms 109
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 12:12 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I personally don't like bikes on the streets because it makes me nervous for their safety (same with motorcycles, I give both as wide a berth as possible) and really wish cyclists weren't on the streets and had their own thoroughfares because the slightest accident with a cyclist can really hurt them.

There's a very small mountain road here, with no sidewalk or shoulder that cyclists are always riding (not commuting, for sport) and I often have to squeeze by them with a foot to spare (or just go their speed till the oncoming lane is empty) and that's no fun for anybody (can't imagine the cyclists like their proximity to the cars that much either).
revelette

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 08:31 am
RCP Average 1/12 - 2/11 -- 48.1 Obama/ 43.8 Romney/ Obama +4.3
RCP Average 1/12 - 2/9 -- 51.0 Obama/ 40.1 Gingrich/ Obama +10.9
RCP Average 1/12 - 2/11 -- 50.4 Obama/ 40.1 Santorum/ Obama +10.3

source
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 08:43 am
@revelette,
It's still pretty early to get excited about polling numbers
revelette

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 09:09 am
@H2O MAN,
I'll remind you of that if Obama starts slipping again in the next week or so.
revelette

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 09:30 am
@H2O MAN,
You never know how these things will go. If the economy tanks, my bet so will Obama.

Right now even on a Fox Poll, Obama is doing fairly well.

(left this link on another thread but it applies here too)

Quote:
While Fox News coverage is relentlessly critical of President Obama, the poll found the president’s prospects looking up.

Obama would defeat Republican Mitt Romney by a 47-42 margin were the election held today, up from 46-45 in January. The President enjoys a 48-38 percent margin over Ron Paul, leads Rick Santorum by 50-38 percent, is at 51-38 percent is 13 points ahead of Newt Gingrich.

Obama gets a 48 percent job approval, up three points from January and his highest rating in a Fox survey since last June.

The poll found other alarming news for Republicans. There is a higher level of enthusiasm for Obama than for any of his GOP challengers. And about half of Republican primary voters hope somebody else gets into the rating.

The survey of 1,100 voters has a margin of error of plus/minus 3 percent. It was taken Monday through Thursday.

source

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 09:38 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

I personally don't like bikes on the streets because it makes me nervous for their safety (same with motorcycles, I give both as wide a berth as possible) and really wish cyclists weren't on the streets and had their own thoroughfares because the slightest accident with a cyclist can really hurt them.

Accidents are pretty rare, though. It would be nice if we had separate throroughfares, but that's not gonna happen anytime soon here. I try and stick to bike lanes on busy streets.

Quote:
There's a very small mountain road here, with no sidewalk or shoulder that cyclists are always riding (not commuting, for sport) and I often have to squeeze by them with a foot to spare (or just go their speed till the oncoming lane is empty) and that's no fun for anybody (can't imagine the cyclists like their proximity to the cars that much either).

Not that fun for cyclists. But, we're used to it. As long as people do their best to respect them, that's all that matters.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 10:21 am
@H2O MAN,
Gas prices have gone up, foreclosures have went down and the employment rate has gone down. Your whining don't change the facts.

Quote:
Foreclosure filings decreased by 34% in 2011, according to a year-end report from RealtyTrac, a firm that monitors the foreclosure market.

A total of 2,698,967 properties entered some stage of foreclosure - default notice, scheduled auction or bank repossession - last year. The report shows that 1.45% of U.S. housing units (one in 69) had at least one foreclosure filing during the year, down from 2.23% in 2010, 2.21% in 2009 and 1.84% in 2008. Total U.S. foreclosure activity and the U.S. foreclosure rate in 2011 were both at their lowest annual level since 2007.

RealtyTrac says that while the current foreclosure rate is still artificially low, thanks largely to delays in court proceedings, it still represents improvements in the housing market.

"If you take away the delays, I think we would have seen decreases [in foreclosure activity] anyway," says Daren Blomquist, director of marketing communications for RealtyTrac. Still, RealtyTrac says there are indicators - such as a heightened level of default notices in certain hardest-hit areas - that foreclosure numbers will increase during the early months of 2012 before tapering off to less artificially inflated levels.

"We think 2012 is going to be higher than 2011, but below the peak of 2010," Blomquist says. "The worst numbers should be behind us."

The year-end report was capped by a month in which foreclosure totals were at a 49-month low. In December, filings were reported on 205,024 U.S. properties, a decrease of 9% from the previous month and down 20% from December 2010.

State by state, Nevada posted the highest rate of foreclosure for the fifth consecutive year in a row with one in every 16 housing units receiving a filing in 2011. It was followed by Arizona, where one in every 24 properties entered foreclosure, and California, where one in every 31 properties were distressed.

Other states posting high foreclosure rates in 2011 were Georgia, Michigan, Florida, Illinois, Colorado and Idaho.

source
revelette

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 10:50 am
@H2O MAN,
CNN Money said about the same. Apparently in the year 2011 there was less filing because of the new process. They expect the filings to pick up in 2012 but not at the peak it was in 2010.

source