Can Obama Lose? Will he be a one-term president?

Below viewing threshold (view)
revelette

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 09:37 am
Quote:
WASHINGTON: US President Barack Obama's approval ratings have improved and touched 50 per cent amidst people's growing optimism over the state of economy, according to a latest opinion poll.

Showing steady improvement since early December, Obama's approval ratings have reached the 50 per cent mark thus gave him a much brighter chance of winning the presidential polls in November, according to the New York Times/CBS News poll.

This is his highest approval rating since May 2010 (excepting the brief bump he received after Navy Seals killed Osama bin Laden in May 2011), the New York Times said.

"For the first time since the election season began in earnest in the late summer, as many Democratic voters as Republicans said they were more enthusiastic than usual about voting in the 2012 presidential election," it said.

According to the NYT/CBS poll, though Obama led one-o-one against the four Republican presidential candidates, the president received poor marks on his handling of the federal budget deficit, with 59 per cent of poll respondents expressing disapproval.

Meanwhile, a new CNN poll caught Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum - the two leading Republican presidential candidate - in a dead heat nationally.

While Santorum got 34 per cent of the poll support, Romney received 32 per cent.

The poll also said that Santorum supporters are much more highly motivated than those backing Romney.

"The new numbers indicate a split in the Republican party that goes deeper than ideology, with signs of a gender gap and class warfare breaking out in the GOP ranks," CNN polling director Keating Holland said.

source
gungasnake

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 09:47 am
Quote:
Can Obama Lose? Will he be a one-term president?

Is the Pope a Catholic?

Do wild bears still go poopoo in the woods?

Is the body in Grant's Tomb that of one Ulysses Grant?

Does the sun come up in the East.....
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 09:47 am
@revelette,

The trend of more moochers and leeches participating in the polls
is resulting in higher numbers for Obama... that's no surprise.
revelette

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 10:14 am
@H2O MAN,
I believe you are calling slightly more than half of voters moochers and leeches, not helpful when you are wanting those votes.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 10:34 am
@revelette,
Well about half of the voters don't pay any taxes, they receive handouts from the government ... do the math.
revelette

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 10:36 am
@gungasnake,
RCP Average 1/27 - 2/13 -- 48.8 Obama / 43.1 Romney / Obama +5.7

RCP Average 1/27 - 2/13 -- 50.0 Obama / 40.7 Santorum / Obama +9.3

RCP Average 2/6 - 2/13 -- -- 30.8 Santorum / 29.2 Romney/ 16.2 Gingrich / 12.7 Paul Santorum +1.6

RCP

Will Obama be re-elected? Yes
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 10:38 am
@H2O MAN,
Have you done the math on what ratio of republicans receive some kind of government assistance verses what ratio of democrats (independents or others) receive government assistance? I seriously doubt it.

gungasnake

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 10:45 am
@revelette,
It's the demoKKKrat party which fundamentally depends on kept voting blocks which are deliberately kept ignorant and in poverty, that is, large and recognizable groups of people whose only salable skill in life is voting.
revelette

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 11:02 am
@gungasnake,
Bull crap
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 11:27 am
@revelette,
I seriously doubt that you really care.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 03:03 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Well about half of the voters don't pay any taxes, they receive handouts from the government ... do the math.
They pay taxes in the traditional way: by selling their lives cheaply to the rich who are supposed to them pay taxes on their profit... If the people had enough of rights they would have enough of wages to pay taxes... It is the want of rights that results in the poverty that makes tax paying impossible..
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:43 am
Quote:
Depending on your poll of choice, President Obama is either up by double digits in hypothetical matchups with Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney—or is in a dead heat with both. Regardless, the data suggests that Romney may no longer be able to lay claim to the title as the most electable Republican in the race.

One of the two new polls, from Politico and George Washington University, finds the president with a comfortable lead over his two most likely November challengers, besting Santorum 53 percent to 42 and Romney 53 percent to 43. That poll has a margin of error of 3.1 points, so Obama's lead appears to be significant.

But the second poll suggests the race is much closer and that Santorum may actually have inched ahead of Obama. The USA Today/Gallup survey found the former Pennsylvania senator with a 49-46 lead over Obama, and Romney knotted at 47-percent apiece with the president.

While Santorum's lead is within the poll's 4-point margin of error, it nonetheless would appear to give the former Pennsylvania senator bragging rights over Romney, who has long sought to paint himself as the only Republican hopeful capable of going head-to-head with the president in November's general election.

source
Fido

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 11:18 am
@revelette,
I voted in the republican primary and not because I am especially republican, but mostly to give Ron Paul a kick in the ass; and it was 11 oclock, and I was the 31st voter from this precinct... I think in Florida that not ten percent of the voters who usually vote republican turned out to cast any sort of ballot for anyone... I am certain that many republiclones will be there voting straight party on election day, but if they can't manage to light a fire under their usual voters they can kiss the election good bye... You can't beat something with nothing, and having a negro in the white house as not brought on armagedon...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 09:35 pm
Robert's original question is interesting now that a few months have passed. I remember feeling the same way back in November but starting to see a turn starting from around the State of the Union, which really drew a sharp contrast between him and the Republican candidates. Unless the GOP comes up with a new candidate, I don't see how he can lose. Obama has been something of a disappointment to me, personally, but I've not seen anyone who wants the job who wouldn't be, with the possible exception of Ron Paul. I think most people still remember the Bush years freshly enough to maybe be wary returning a Republican to the white house again so soon. I could be wrong though.

Also, I saw a Gallup (I believe) poll recently that indicated that independents now outnumber either party, so the candidate who can get them wins. Neither Captain Wall Street nor The Vagina Guardian are likely to appeal to those voters, in my opinion.
Fido

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 09:58 am
@FreeDuck,
I think there is a conspiracy to defeat Mr. Obama, but I think also that it may be my natural anti Israelism coming out... Really; what other point would there be to threatening world war third and driving up the price of gasolice???Iraq is probably still off line, and Libya must certainly be off line too; so why start nonsense now unless it is the best time to put our economy in the toilet for political reasons...
revelette

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 10:06 am
@Fido,
I think people in our country think too much of ourselves. Not everything in the entire world centers around our elections.

Fido

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 10:34 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

I think people in our country think too much of ourselves. Not everything in the entire world centers around our elections.

Israel is in our world, and we are in theirs... To be fair; Puorto Rico should be our 51st. state; but if there were ever an unofficial 51 state with all of the privilage of protection of any of our states with none of the obligation, then it is Israel...No one can say Jewish people alone or as a group cannot conceive of their own self interest, and follow it... It is only natural, and nothing more... They have the sense to use the power they have to keep the power they have, and add to it... To actually make a war, as we did in Afghanistan and Iraq is not the projection of power, but the is propagation of impotence... It was inevitable that we would grow weaker in order to fight our fight which is not exactly our fight... It is impossible to think we could ever gain strength from a region that barely supported its population... It was stupid, and not in our interest, but some one must have wanted it done, and who can believe that Israel opposed it???
0 Replies