San Diego School Takes Another Step in the Program to do Away with MEN

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2011 08:14 pm
Quote:
Last week, Rebecca Arellano was crowned Patrick Henry High School's first lesbian homecoming king. The next day, her girlfriend Haileigh Adams was crowned queen.

Despite waves of support from the school and the couple's friends and family, the couple has recently been met with hateful phone calls and emails, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Superintendent Bill Kowba told the publication that the harassment is "demonstrating such a lack of tolerance and are presenting such a negative role model for children with their hateful comments."

In a report by NBC San Diego, Kowba goes one step further, calling the adults behind the harassment "bullies."

He added, according to the station, that any students behind threats or harassment will be met with disciplinary action.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/01/rebecca-arellano-haileigh_n_1070436.html

Three Cheers....or something.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 13 • Views: 5,360 • Replies: 62

DrewDad

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 06:55 am
@hawkeye10,
Next thing you know, they're gonna want to vote and run for President.

What's the world coming to?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 06:59 am
@hawkeye10,
Right, a lesbian couple means the end of men.

Does a gay male homecoming couple mean the end of men too? It's more men... but less, ya know, manly. So confusing. If I was a man I'd just hie myself off to some Island and call it Man Island and only allow men on. But no gay ones. Just straight ones. But then sex would be a problem... OK some women. But they'd have to stay in, like, cages.

Man it's hard to be a man.
msolga

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 07:02 am
@hawkeye10,
What previous steps has this school taken to do away with men? Wink
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 11:03 am
@sozobe,
Quote:
Right, a lesbian couple means the end of men.
A man is no longer required for homecoming couple, he has been replaced with a dike....the parents who are upset about this are right on. Students who are upset about this are also right on, but as we see their right to voice their opinion is not recognized by the school administration. Increasingly in American opinions are fine only so long as they are the approved opinions.
sozobe

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 11:36 am
@hawkeye10,
And a woman (girl) is no longer required for another homecoming couple, she's been replaced with a gay homo.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/teens-hail-gay-prom-king-and-queen-10889891

(Just for example.)

It all evens out.
djjd62

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 11:45 am
@hawkeye10,
what sort of man would go to something called homecoming, seems only slightly less gay than going to the prom
izzythepush

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 11:48 am
@djjd62,
I must admit, it's all quite alien to me too.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 11:53 am
@sozobe,
Not likely, lesbians are much more popular than are male homo's.
sozobe

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 11:59 am
@hawkeye10,
What's not likely, that there would be two gay guys as prom king and queen? The link points to one (and just one, there are more) such couple.
0 Replies

Chicken Little

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 12:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
Thank you for bringing attention to this important issue!
DrewDad

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 12:41 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:
gay homo.

Wait... wouldn't that make him straight?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 01:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

The students at Patrick Henry High OVERWHELMINGLY support this couple.
Most of the students there couldnt care less about a persons sexual orientation, it just isnt a concern.
The girl that won the title of homecoming king was voted on by the students.
Apparently she is a very popular person at that school.

You and others like you are the ones worried about it.
My question for you is WHY does it even concern you?
You dont live in San Diego nor do you attend that school.

My neice Rachel DOES attend that school, and she tole me about this several days ago.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 02:43 pm
@mysteryman,
Hawkeye's self-worth appears to be linked to his genitalia.

Being male is his only advantage.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 02:47 pm
@DrewDad,
I wonder if he's seen this tidbit:

First Daughters Of Future UK Monarchs Can Inherit Throne
Ceili

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 02:53 pm
@DrewDad,
The horror!! lol
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 03:09 pm
I once hit on a lesbian at a bar in San Diego, it was dark and she was wearing flannel, from a distance she looked like a cute boy. How stupid of me, the flannel should have been my first clue this wasn’t a gay boy.
wayne

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 03:19 pm
So, does this mean a straight girl can also be elected King? Or a straight male elected Queen?
Sturgis

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 03:25 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
I once hit on a lesbian at a bar in San Diego, it was dark and she was wearing flannel, from a distance she looked like a cute boy. How stupid of me, the flannel should have been my first clue this wasn’t a gay boy.

Not always true. I adore the feel of flannel as does many a rugged lumberjack man and these handsome fellows.
http://www.projectqatlanta.com/gallery/albums/manshaft-lumberjack-edition-mary-s/Lumberjack~ManShaft%20at%20Marys~25Feb11%20115.jpg

To solve the non-problem and make everybody happy happy happy, I propose...no, not to the weasel...I propose a luscious lipstick lesbian as the homecoming king and a rugged, beefy, football player tight-end as the homecoming queen (be he gay or straight, don't matter).
Sturgis

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 03:26 pm
@wayne,

Quote:
So, does this mean a straight girl can also be elected King? Or a straight male elected Queen?

That would seem fair to me.