Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 03:32 pm
@Sturgis,
Those are Grrr bears, this was a twink bar I was in Wink
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 03:34 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
That would seem fair to me.
That would be fair if males were as well liked as females are in America....the fact is that due to prejudice against men males are tainted with the stink of being first and foremost potential abusers, and women are first and foremost considered victims due to the alleged long running abuse of females by males. In a popularity contest if you put a male up against a female the male will lose the majority of the time due to prejudice against his sex. I dont generally believe in quota's and walling off opportunity for specific classes, but I do believe that the role pageant king should be reserved for males.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 03:40 pm
@jcboy,
Twink bars? The only Twink I go for is a tasty cream filled Hostess Twinkie Very Happy do they count as twink bars, I mean they are bars of cake and cream (or whatever it is they're really made of). I like me my Grrry beefy bears.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 03:42 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
The students at Patrick Henry High OVERWHELMINGLY support this couple.
Most of the students there couldnt care less about a persons sexual orientation, it just isnt a concern.
The girl that won the title of homecoming king was voted on by the students.
Apparently she is a very popular person at that school.
I am not sold on the notion that they had the right to displace a male in favor of a female, but even if I did think that the students should have been allowed to do this it is still an example of how male suffer from prejudice in America today. I am in favor of equality, so I am no more tolerant of mistreating men than I am of mistreating women. This thread is a small part of my long running effort to build a case that in America today men are mistreated....perhaps I have not convinced you yet, but I shall keep trying. It is a serious subject that should be taken seriously...if you think it silly then I figure that you must not be paying attention to how men are treated in America today.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 03:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
I gotta say, Hawkeye: I don 't feel threatened in the LEAST.

David
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 03:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

David
And you dont have any grandsons to worry about, so it does not impact you at all if the males of todays youth generation are mistreated. Given your "it all about me!" politics that seals the deal for you, no need for you to care about what is going on.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 03:46 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
what sort of man would go to something called homecoming,
seems only slightly less gay than going to the prom
U bring out an interesting point, there.
I 've never even considered attending any homecomings nor proms.
That just never entered my thought processes.

I did not attend the graduations, either (except for law school).

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 03:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

David
hawkeye10 wrote:
And you dont have any grandsons to worry about, so it does not impact you at all if the males of todays youth generation are mistreated. Given your "it all about me!" politics that seals the deal for you, no need for you to care about what is going on.
Yeah; I must admit: I don 't worry much about that, either.

I 've worried that we will too soon be converted into the Borg.
Is that inevitable ????

David
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 04:23 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I 've worried that we will too soon be converted into the Borg.
Is that inevitable ???
Freedom of thought is certainly now oppressed big time....anyone who objects to a king being a female is now considered to be a defective, and is ordered to stay quiet, no matter how sound is the argument that a king is by definition a male. How this is different or better than the alleged bad old days when women where told by men to keep their yaps shut and their silly ideas to themselves I have no idea.....
ehBeth

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 04:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
oy!

bucko, you might want to take a look at the etymology of the word

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=king

gender doesn't come into play

poor poor pitiful you

Setanta has a great story to tell you about Maria Theresa, King of Hungary

http://text.habsburger.net/module-en/eljen-kiraly-2013-es-lebe-der-koenig-maria-theresia-und-ungarn
ehBeth

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 04:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
When are you going to get your restaurant money?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 04:33 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Definition of KING

a : a male monarch of a major territorial unit; especially : one whose position is hereditary and who rules for life
b : a paramount chief
capitalized : god, christ
: one that holds a preeminent position; especially : a chief among competitors
: the principal piece of each color in chess having the power to move ordinarily one square in any direction and to capture opposing pieces but being obliged never to enter or remain in check
: a playing card marked with a stylized figure of a king
: a checker that has been crowned
: chinook salmon

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/king

If you have a definition for "king" that allows a female to hold the title than please present it. I allege that what we have here as another attempt by gays to redefine words to their liking ("marriage" is one). I also allege that we the people dont need to allow them to decide for us what words mean. Switching the gender of king or queen requires debate and majority approval. Not allowing debate on the subject, calling such debate hate speech, is a violation of my rights and the Constitution, it is a breaking of faith with the foundation that America is built upon. It is oppression and it should not be tolerated.
0 Replies

The Slow Clap

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 04:34 pm
@Chicken Little,
http://i.imgur.com/5r3Hr.gif

I like the cut of your jib.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 04:35 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

When are you going to get your restaurant money?
I am going to stay retired unless I find a restaurant or a concept that I am sure will work in a town with too many restaurants and a falling median household income...I have not attempted to raise money.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 04:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
I note that Beyonce a few months ago called herself "king"

Quote:
Back in March, I did an interview with R&B newcomer, K Michelle. During the interview K Michelle revealed that her goal in life is to be known as the King of R&B, and not the Queen of anything because it limits women’s options. Ironically, people are now referring to Beyonce as King B, and I just find that interesting. The first time I’ve ever heard a female wanting to be referenced as King was a few months ago, and now that term is being used to describe Beyonce.
Quote:
Q: You are more than just a singer?

K Michelle: Yes, and you are going to laugh but, I want to be the King of R&B, not the Queen. I want to be King because they put us women in boxes where we can’t do or say certain things; the creativity I have from writing, playing, and producing. I don’t want to be compared, I just want to do me.

http://mrsgrapevine.com/2011/06/beyonce-king-michelle-first/

More "women have always been victims of men" assassination of the character of men bullshit...which is so typical of the modern day feminists. Also typical is that we men are expected to keep our yaps shut as women take the title of king for themselves, we are not deemed worthy of offering an objection...we have no such rights.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 05:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Freedom of thought is certainly now oppressed big time....anyone who objects to a king being a female is now considered to be a defective, and is ordered to stay quiet, no matter how sound is the argument that a king is by definition a male. How this is different or better than the alleged bad old days when women where told by men to keep their yaps shut and their silly ideas to themselves I have no idea.....

It's just hilarious when you start this poor, poor, pitiful me bullshit. Here you are, shooting your mouth off with your lame and loony conspiracy cock and bull stories every day. Who has stopped you from doing that? Just how much are you affected by being told to "stay quiet" (you'll need to quote that post for me, i didn't see it)? You'll be back tomorrow with more of this bullshit. Your freedom of thought is in fine fettle.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 05:12 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Your freedom of thought is in fine fettle.
School admin has been clear than any objection to a female being named king will be considered hate speech and will be the subject of disciplinary action....did you miss that part?

Your brain seems to skip the parts of reality that dont conform to your preconceived ideas. The apoligists for this oppression claim that thought are not being controlled, that people can think that ever they want so long as they dont pollute the public space with our our heresy, but it is a bullshit argument....there goal is clearly to save us sinners from damnation, no less than as the Church tried to do back when we were Christians.
Setanta

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 05:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
Your lame brain seems incapable of keeping track of the conversation, and also seems to have a penchant for making **** up. It was you who claimed that ". . . anyone who objects to a king being a female is now considered to be a defective, and is ordered to stay quiet, no matter how sound is the argument that a king is by definition a male." There was nothing about that in the titular article. So that's an example of your inability to keep track of the conversation. If you weren't talking about yourself, who were you talking about? Certainly no one in the San Diego case, because none of that "a king is by definition a male" appears in that account.

Then there's your penchant for making **** up. This is what the article said the Superintendant had said: "He added, according to the station, that any students behind threats or harassment will be met with disciplinary action." He definitely did not say that any objection to a female being named king will be considered hate speech. He didn't say that would be the subject of disciplinary action. He said threats and harrassment will be met with disciplinary action. Just as threats and harrassment of a football player would be met with disciplinary action. Just as threats and harrassment as the premiere player of the chess club would be met with disciplinary action.

This is par for the course with you--distortion and outright lies. When reality doesn't conform to your preconcieved ideas, you just make **** up. You just lie.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 05:34 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
On Monday, Superintendent Bill Kowba interrupted a news conference on the district's financial troubles to comment on an issue he called just as significant as the budget.
“What is essentially disappointing is that adults who have contacted the school, many not even San Diego residents, are demonstrating such a lack of tolerance and such a negative role model for children with their hateful comments,” Kowba said.
Kowba calls the adults behind the threats "bullies."
He also says if the calls and emails came from students, they would have faced disciplinary action.

Source: School Supt. "Furious" Over Threats to Lesbian Couple | NBC San Diego

https://news.google.com/news/story?q=Bill+Kowba&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ncl=d_KgM6IRat3HDaM7p13NLhyfshfEM&hl=en&ei=VtKxTrRSr9GIAv-X_KwF&sa=X&oi=news_result&ct=more-results&resnum=4&ved=0CDsQqgIwAw

There is no mention of speech directed to the couple, not of any threats of violence. Unless there is a more complete definition of what this "hate" is we should assume that it is displeasure at a female taking a males place as king. "hate" is a lot like "rape"...the word has been so dedefined over the years from excessive use that it does not on its own mean much of anything, we need to have a few sentences of definition for how the word is being used each and every time it is used.
Setanta

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 05:39 pm
He provided a definition--harrassment. He doesn't mention hate speech, and he doesn't mention anything about defining a king as a male. That's just the bullshit you're trying to insert into his comments. As usual, you're just making **** up.