AT&T husband /abusive wife commercial

Fido

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:09 am
@raprap,
raprap wrote:

I agree. This commercial is offensive.

And her mother WAS Right... She should have married the other guy... Any other guy... And you know he only bought the plan because some one treated him with a minimum or respect on the telephone... I have known people like that... As long as they have a dime in their pocket they get some respect, but if all they have is empty pockets no one will give them a minute...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:59 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Old people sitting side by side in outdoor bathtubs is offensive.

Really?

My business partner has a backyard redwood hot tub/spa, her husband is now eight, and she's not all that far behind in years. They enjoy their spa, situated in a beautiful garden, a lot. How is that offensive?
Sturgis

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 09:23 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
My business partner has a backyard redwood hot tub/spa, her husband is now eight, and she's not all that far behind in years. They enjoy their spa, situated in a beautiful garden, a lot. How is that offensive?

I know I'd be a bit bothered if I had a business partner and she was married to an 8 year old. Aren't there laws against that?

Figuring (at least hoping) you may have been meant 80, I'm inclined to agree with you. No issue with people of any age enjoying their outdoor space, in a robe or in just their swimwear in or out of water. Problem people have is they've followed the stupidity shoved into their eye sockets by the media what says everybody must be trim and wrinkle free. All people must look and sound the same or else they should be hidden away...at least that's what the media tries to convince us of.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 09:35 am
@ossobuco,

maxdancona wrote:

ossobuco wrote:
Really?

It is a libertarian State that recognizes marriage to an 8 year old boy.

How old does he have to be to get divorced ?

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 09:36 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Will u reveal your reasoning on this point ?

David
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 09:37 am
@Sturgis,
Haha.. and oops. Eighty, for sure.

I haven't, natch, seen the commercials, but I'm fine with the concept of hot tub soaking for aches and pains or just plain pleasure.

I've rather liked the character that develops on faces with increases in wrinkles through the years, and this is just as well as I now describe my own face as a map.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 09:40 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I believe people are offended by the sneering tone the woman takes towad the man.
She implies that Hubby has less value than John Clark.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 09:42 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Haha.. and oops. Eighty, for sure.
That 's not fair!
He has to put up with her for 72 years
before the law will grant him freedom ?????
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 09:53 am
@ossobuco,
Adds . . . I don't care if people are nekkid in their private yards.

I used to design a lot of decks, patios, backyard kitchens, pools, saunas, outdoor showers, yadda yadda, and some of the touches useful for those kind of things are places to put cast off robes, store kids outdoor toys, garden tools. Places to rest and put down your gin and tonic or beverage of choice. Sigh, a lot of that was fun to work out.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 10:30 am
What commercial? Links?
Setanta

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 11:11 am
@GracieGirl,
Here ya go, Gracie

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 11:26 am
@Setanta,
Thanks! Smile

What's the deal? I thought it was kinda funny. How's it abusive?

Oh! And who the heck is John Clark? I tried to look it up on Google but it's a common name.
Fido

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 12:56 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

Thanks! Smile

Oh! And who the heck is John Clark? I tried to look it up on Google but it's a common name.
He's the lucky SOB who got away...
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 01:00 pm
@Fido,
Haha! Oookay.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 01:02 pm
@cwh1947,
I met Anthony Clark several times at a place in Laguna Beach called the Boom Boom room, he used to hit on me. He was a drunken mess, he would have to call his mother to pick him up after he had one too many.
Fido

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 01:27 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I met Anthony Clark several times at a place in Laguna Beach called the Boom Boom room, he used to hit on me. He was a drunken mess, he would have to call his mother to pick him up after he had one too many.
There used to be a Boom Boom Room right between East Lansing and Lansing... A neat little sailor in black with ironed creases used to tend bar during the day, and he had once served in the Orient on the Sand Pebble sailing a river in China... They all knew how to make a mai tai there, umbrellas and all, with fruit in a punch bowl, and their zombies could kick your ass to hell and back... I was shooting the **** with a girl there one night as she and her boyfriend got cocked... She was making sense one moment and the next tried to drown herself in her mai tai... Good night little lady... I'll shut off the lights on my way out...Once, when I was in highschool, my wrestling coach came to school with a great big shiner... Everyone asked: Where'd you get that, and he said: The Boom Boom Room... I thought there was no such place, and that was only what you might call an alley you went in to get an ass whoopin... Until I discovered the place, I thought he was kidding...
jcboy

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 01:36 pm
@Fido,
When I turned 21 the Boom Boom Room in Laguna was the place to go, they closed shortly after that. Then I started going to a place called Woody’s in Laguna, use to be the Little Shrimp where Rock Hudson use to hang out back in the day.

I remember a story this older gentleman told me, He had a roommate when he was 20 years old and someone knocked on the door, it was his roommates date, he opened the door to find Rick Hudson standing there.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 01:57 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:
Thanks! Smile

He is the person that she said her mother had advised her to marry instead of Hubby.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:01 pm
@GracieGirl,
The woman in the commercial is telling her husband that her own mother said she should have married another guy (because he's a loser). How abusive can you get?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:01 pm
@Fido,
GracieGirl wrote:
Thanks! Smile

Fido wrote:
He's the lucky SOB who got away...
YEAH, but I woud not call John 's mother a dog, Fido.

David