Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 01:04 am
I am moving towards "NO". I always though he was smart, but I am now thinking that he is too smart to get caught, and for what ever reason he has decided to not go out in a blaze of glory.

What say you?

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 05:05 am
@hawkeye10,
It depends on how long the money comes in and how long he can continue to pay it out.

I'm figuring not too much longer.

Now to figure out where he will pop up.

Joe(I hear Tehran is nice this time of year.)Nation
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 10:36 am
@hawkeye10,
When did it become our job to find him? Let the rebels find him and deal with him as they see fit.
We don't need to help them, they can sink or swim on their own.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 01:48 pm
@mysteryman,
Who gives a damn!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 02:02 pm
Quote:
Are we ever going to find Gaddafi?
I dunno. I 'm not looking for him.

David
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 02:02 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Who gives a damn!

Up it till now the rebels, as they claimed that they needed to get Gaddafi before they could claim victory. They have needed to change course though because they have no clue where he is, so last week they said that they would claim victory after they get Sirte, which so far has taken about ten times as long as it was supposed to because they are incompetent like that...they cant fight very well and cant govern very well. Watching Libya over the coming months is going to continue to be like watching Larry, Moe and Curly trying to run a country.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 02:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
Its not any of our business. Its their country, let them govern like the majority of their people want too.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 02:39 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Its not any of our business. Its their country, let them govern like the majority of their people want too.
Libya, a place that was barely ever a country, which has hardly any institutions or leaders because for decades Gaddafi made sure that there were none....is now supposed to be a democracy?

Where did you go to school? You should go back and give them a piece of your mind for failing to educate you.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 02:43 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Its not any of our business.
Its their country, let them govern like the majority of their people want too.
AGREED!!!

David
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 02:46 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
LONDON: Britain's crack SAS troops have joined the manhunt for Libya's toppled strongman Muammar Gaddafi, as the country's National Transitional Council (NTC) put up a 'dead or alive' notice for the elusive dictator, who is untraceable since the fall of Tripoli.

Camouflaged in Arab attire and carrying weapons similar to rebels, the SAS have been ordered to switch their focus on the search for Gaddafi, on the run since his fortified headquarters was captured on Tuesday, Telegraph reported quoting British Defence officials.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-08-25/uk/29926574_1_muammar-gaddafi-mustafa-abdel-jalil-tripoli

Quote:
Lapan acknowledged, however, that he can only speak for U.S. military assets, and not for any U.S. intelligence agencies. The Associated Press has reported that the CIA is operating in Libya. That covert operation is outside the NATO operation. NATO nations, too, have sent off-the-books military advisers to Libya who operate alongside the NATO-led mission but have a wider mandate to cooperate with the rebels

http://www.acus.org/natosource/pentagon-us-nato-not-manhunt-gaddafi

There is ZERO chance that the US is not involved in the manhunt. So far gaddafi has outsmarted us. Whether we should be hunting Gaddafi or not is interesting but irrelevant, as Obama long ago decided. We are also involved in a manhunt in Uganda and the nations around it

Quote:
As 100 U.S. special operations forces begin deploying to Africa to help local troops pursue the brutal leader of a murderous rebel group, a clearer picture is emerging of America's preferred warfare strategy in a time of fiscal restraint: fewer troops, more drones and the aggressive targeting of enemy leaders by special operations forces.

In a letter sent to Congress on Friday, President Obama made clear that the specific goal of U.S. forces is to help in "the removal from the battlefield" of Joseph Kony and other senior leaders of the Lord's Resistance Army, a guerrilla group that has killed thousands of civilians, routinely raped women and abducted hundreds of children.

This hunting of Kony and his cronies will involve U.S. intelligence support, according to senior Defense officials, probably in the form of unmanned aerial vehicles, or UAVs, such as the Predator.

U.S. troops will deploy to Uganda, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo and the new nation of South Sudan.

Read more: Manhunt for Africa's LRA leaders reveals Obama's war strategy - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/world/s_762153.html#ixzz1bAXP2Zhh

America is now a country that hunts down and assassinates people we dont like, and while I am sure the JTT would say that we have done that for a long time we are now blatant about it. We still lie about it to the press and the people of course, but the American people are not brain dead.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 02:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
I went to a very good school that taught me to think for myself. England found out in the 1700's that it is a mistake to tell a bunch of people who were different from one another how they should govern in a country that was thousands of miles from England. We know how that turned out. Mind your own business you insulting know it all.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 02:59 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I went to a very good school that taught me to think for myself. England found out in the 1700's that it is a mistake to tell a bunch of people who were different from one another how they should govern in a country that was thousands of miles from England. We know how that turned out. Mind your own business you insulting know it all.
Ya, because I have noticed the UK doing such a great job of minding its own business by telling African nations how they must treat gays and entering multiple civil wars to decide who the winner is....
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 11:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
America is now a country that hunts down and assassinates people we dont like, and while I am sure the JTT would say that we have done that for a long time we are now blatant about it. We still lie about it to the press and the people of course, but the American people are not brain dead.
There shoud be NO government at all, if it is not going to organize self defense.

Hunting them down is within the War Power. Good job, well done!
(A little late, but well done.)

David
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 11:20 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Not a big fan of due process I see...should we cut to the chase and institute martial law in the US?? You would love that, correct?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 03:53 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Quote:
Not a big fan of due process I see...should we cut to the chase and institute martial law in the US??
You would love that, correct?
Unlike the War Power, I have seen nothing in the Constitution to justify martial law,
which amounts to monarchy.

David
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 06:21 am
possibly
Sirte fall; rumors swirl of Gaddafi capture, but all unconfirmed
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 06:39 am
Shot in both legs (NPR)
Unconfirmed : dead (Fox, NBC,)

Joe(Who had 10/20 in the pool?)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 07:11 am
dead CBS

Joe(....)Nation
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 08:32 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I am moving towards "NO". I always though he was smart, but I am now thinking that he is too smart to get caught...
Oops. Apparently not smart enough.

I've seen some pretty convincing photo's. It looks like a done deal to me.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 08:38 am
Now we're never gonna learn how to spell his name.