Getting the Last Word

spendius

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 01:43 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Not trying to insult you directly spendius, but have you, or any of the usual suspects really examined why being such a dolt is fun?

I can't speak for the others but I can assure you that all my reading, and I do a lot, is aimed at reassuring me that being a dolt is great fun. There are so many voices raised against such a notion that I need constant, unremmiting top-ups of the energy to maintain it.

Auberon Waugh, of blessed memory, came to the conclusion after a great deal of experience of the ways of the world that goofing off might be the only answer to our woes.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 01:51 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
No spendius, et al, it really, no seriously, it really isn't charming, fun, mentally stimulating, thought provoking or anything positive.

Anything a 7 year old lad does should be mentally stimulating and thought provoking. At that age little lads are all the same and so the circumstances are the problem, if such it is, and not the lad. Those who have engineered the circumstances will blame the lad of course not wishing to blame their engineering. Or to put it more brutally--using the lad as a scapegoat.
0 Replies

Diego Garcia

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 04:19 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I assume that the sort of people who might need more assurances are appraised of those two little motives and of their power.

There are people who might think that you know.

regretfully, one person's needs do not always produce a coresponding sense of obligation in others.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 04:37 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
No, I don't.
I call those l'obsesso, which may be some built in kind of thing re our different brains.

I've not much interest in chasing people past their stated opinions, to somehow try to change those. I'm primarily interested in the opinions. I admit I'll natter, but that is not usually to turn someone around.
spendius

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 04:55 pm
@ossobuco,
I think we should try to turn people around when they are on Mission Impossible leaving the kids to pick up the pieces. Damn right I do.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 05:11 pm
@ehBeth,
You did that - I got to be one of the subjects of it by my few posts.

******* annoying.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 05:18 pm
@spendius,
So, our spendius is about to turn four..
spendius

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 05:19 pm
@ossobuco,
That would be nice eh?
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 06:37 pm
Spendius is harmless, he's just bored and likes to get a raise out of people.
There are others though who believe the crap they're producing and smear it repetitively on the wall just about daily.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 08:51 pm
@spendius,
Welcome to the thread, spendi. And thank you so mch for helping me prove my contention. Or, if not exactly 'prove', then certainly illustrate verra nicely. Smile
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 07:26 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
... What about you? Do you, too, insist on the last word? ...

No, but I don't much much of anything these days.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 07:28 pm
@Reyn,
I'd let you have the last word, if you really wanted it, Reyn. That's the kind'a guy I am. Laughing
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 07:58 pm
Good thread, Andy

Some of those you named just about drive me to drink.

I don't argue with idiots any longer!
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 08:02 pm
@margo,
Thank you, margo. You, too, may have the last word if you want it. Smile
Pemerson

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 08:41 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Where do these LWF's get the time? So goddamn boring. But, I do like to hear differing opinions from all (some) of the people who frequent this place. Some people do get their headskarves in a twist, or panties in a knot, or their neck bone connected to the tailbone, or something like that.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 11:14 pm
@Pemerson,
Y'know what really gets me? It's when two people are obviously in general agreement on a topic and still won't allow the other one to have the final say. Classic example: OmSigDAVID and BillRM hijacked Gracie's thread on interracial dating and couldn't stop saying essentially the same thing to each other, over and over again. B-o-o-o-ring.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 10:15 am
http://able2know.org/topic/178070-1

How about when they are trolling just for the hell of it?
spendius

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 11:39 am
@edgarblythe,
You should know ed. You've done enough of it. And used accusations of trolling as an argument which, if taken seriously by the accused poster, gets you the last word.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 12:26 pm
@spendius,
You trollish person, you, spendi. Why don't you go have a nice warm beer and relax with a volume of Phillip Roth? Go on, you owe yourself.
spendius

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 01:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
You go on. He won the Booker award I heard. That is sufficient for me. I remember reading about a quarter of Portnoy many years ago. The guy didn't even understand wanking.