here's another one I had lying around...

jjorge

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 04:44 pm
'all day suckers'

Some
last longer,

some
are stronger,

some,
with a smack,

-crack!

-GL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,483 • Replies: 35
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 04:45 pm
jjorge
the ogden nash of a2k.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 08:45 pm
@jjorge,
If prizes were given for everytime a label was longer than it took to digest the product, that would win the prize... What the hell; why not simply redefine poetry as any old crap you want to put on a screen...

I don't even label my crap... If some one wants to label my crap, then let them... Have you ever heard of Falkener... He was working in Hollywood supporting two families and a bad habit, and one of the Warner bros bragged that he had the best writer in America working for peanuts... And writing for the movies, he was a yuck... Actors would look at these paragraphs of dialogue he would write, and shake their heads... Where the whole story is told by dialogue there is no room for monologues... Yet, this same guy wrote the shortest chapter I ever saw, in a book called: As I Lay Dying... Just after the youngest of the family pulls a fish onto the bank of the creek, and it lays there flopping and gasping, he sees the resemblence between his mother and the fish... And that is the next Chapter: My mother is a fish...

We are all fish, or so will be one day, and if you want to flounder around and call it poetry, then be my guest... Just don't expect me to believe that this is that on the basis of a few rough similarities... Peace.
jjorge

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 10:15 pm
@Fido,
Have a nice day, Fido
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 10:32 pm
jjorge
Your writing is fun for a lot of us here.
Therefore you must persevere.
Fido

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 06:36 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

jjorge
Your writing is fun for a lot of us here.
Therefore you must persevere.
You must muddelly must
do doodlely do
what you must
bodily bust, bodily bust, bodily bust...

Self expression is one of those things people do out of necessity, but just because kids draw pictures with their poop does not mean we all have to stay at that level... Think great thoughts... Love great loves... Burn with great passion and endure great pain; and then when you have something to tell the world; what, for example, you have learned of life or self, then share it...

Consider what a great teacher is art... I once read fiction by the bushel basket... I wanted to create what I enjoyed, but in the process of trying to learn how to write I had to learn how to think so that the doors of philosophy were opened to me, and in learning about symbols I had to learn about magic since most magic is clearly symbolic, and rhymes were curses, and songs were charms, and though magic, anthropology, psyschology, and sociology were opened to me... And some where between point A and the rest, my desire changed, from controlling the behavior of others with a few chosen words to self control, and expressing for others the journey from slavery to self control which is really a journey from immorality to morality... Art is a created thing, and one does not create out of ignorance, for ignorance can only destroy, or at best, imitate what it does not grasp... If you would be an artist on any level, first know all there is to know, and feel all there is to feel, and if the joy of life still lives in you then sing it out at every dawn like some rooster's cocka doodle do...
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 07:30 am
@Fido,
Instead of messing all over this thread, why not start one of your own. That way, the ones of us who like to come to read jjorge won't be plunged into diatribes we are not ready to consider.
jjorge

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 08:15 am
@edgarblythe,
Thanks, Edgar
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 07:15 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Instead of messing all over this thread, why not start one of your own. That way, the ones of us who like to come to read jjorge won't be plunged into diatribes we are not ready to consider.
Don't like it don't read it... Bad poems are like rotten almonds that look like other almonds until you chew on them, and wish you hadn't...

Yet; I hate to be discouraging... It takes courage, honor, and a lot of virtue to write a good poem... And I was always one to ask teachers why they tried to teach poetry or art... No one can make the uncreative creative, and no one can stop the creative from being creative... I write quickly and never look back; but I think, if I held my life in higher esteem, I might take the time to lather on some polish... For me it is the act of letting the inside out, like a fart, but I hope, sweeter and closer to home, closer to my self, that makes me feel better and more relaxed....Still it is better to have a self worth sharing than to simply share of ones self... Sand looks like sugar, and sugar like sand, but you want to give others sugar unless they are mixen mortar...
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 12:24 pm
@Fido,
I have a simple remedy for your crap. Ignore button. It hasn't been all that nice knowing you. So long.
jjorge

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 08:07 pm
@Fido,
sad
Fido

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 05:44 am
@jjorge,
jjorge wrote:

sad
To be too kind, that is how I would describe your lying around piece... Just try again, and don't be discouraged...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 05:45 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I have a simple remedy for your crap. Ignore button. It hasn't been all that nice knowing you. So long.
Do you really believe, old foo, that I need an ignore button to ignore you???
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 01:54 pm
I can see the former person called Fido has decided to **** all over the thread repeatedly, despite the plea that he is not welcome. The only way to handle such a troll is the way I have done it. Employ the ignore feature. He may rant on forever, but so what?
Fido

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 03:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I can see the former person called Fido has decided to **** all over the thread repeatedly, despite the plea that he is not welcome. The only way to handle such a troll is the way I have done it. Employ the ignore feature. He may rant on forever, but so what?
If you don't like it edge, I will quit right now... You don't have to tell me more than half a dozen times usually...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 04:18 pm
He's probably saying, "Duh, I'm fido. I'm smart and know lots of words." But it's one thing to have education, quite another to be worth talking to. I am smiling as I contemplate the douche typing all these arrogant sentences and paragraphs and none of it will ever be seen by me.
jjorge

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 06:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
While I expect to use it rarely, 'ignoring' is a useful tool. Thanks for making me aware of it Edgar!
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 05:26 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

He's probably saying, "Duh, I'm fido. I'm smart and know lots of words." But it's one thing to have education, quite another to be worth talking to. I am smiling as I contemplate the douche typing all these arrogant sentences and paragraphs and none of it will ever be seen by me.
I told you I will quit... So you can quit too... Thank you, edge..
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 09:47 am
Don't mention it, jjorge. As you can tell, the piece of **** persists, even though we no longer see his posts. What a truly low form - What a waste of protoplasm he is.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 10:22 am
@jjorge,
Hi, Jorge. I love your poetry threads - which you already know.

Keep on keeping on, eh?