Two weeks into Occupy Wall Street protests, movement is at a crossroads

spendius

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 06:00 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Let me guess you think that I should rather take the advice of those men in the long robes that spoke of what ever popped up first?

I would say,rl, that what you say there signifies being uneducated, having a complete vacuum where understanding exists, intellectual catatonia and having not the slightest idea of what direction to proceed in. Like a girl-guide lost in a snowstorm.

And it surprises me that you are so insistent on making it so obvious.

Quote:
Are you suggesting that he would have said that what those men in the long robes were teaching should be brought up for questioning along with their teachings about morality and that the things that popped up first might have been their sexual desire rather than an informed understanding?

I don't know. But one of the first things he did after leaving office was to have himself received into the Catholic Church.

Quote:
Is this similar as to saying the men in the long robes make more sense than the scientist today?

Yes.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 06:03 pm
@spendius,
my parents had me circumcised just in case I decided to become Jewish.

becoming a Catholic is nothing compared to that...
spendius

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 06:06 pm
@JPB,
Yes JPB but how much is the volunteer co-ordination and what is the amount of the donations? And have they searched out the ground for a few unfortunates in order to make political headway.

What have they done for the overall picture. Have they pumped out any subways? Have they organised energy supplies? Are they insuring any property? Any **** like that?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 06:08 pm
@Rockhead,
Have you noticed any benefits Rocky?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 06:09 pm
@spendius,
without a control group?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 06:11 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
what you say there signifies being uneducated, having a complete vacuum where understanding exists, intellectual catatonia and having not the slightest idea of what direction to proceed in. Like a girl-guide lost in a snowstorm.

Would you care to explain how a boy lost in a snow storm would fair better? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 06:22 pm
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 02:34 am
@reasoning logic,
See how much of a problem we're having conversing when we agree on the words we're using. When you give your own definitions for words it gets even more confusing. If you blame every aspect of corporate greed on sociopaths you're wrong, and won't be taken seriously. You're over-simplifying something way too much, and you need to start living up to your avatar name.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 04:47 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
See how much of a problem we're having conversing when we agree on the words we're using. When you give your own definitions for words it gets even more confusing.

Well Izzy this is reality and here in reality we will disagree at times about the way things should be but if you would like to change reality then you can start seeing sociopathic behavior the way I do then we would have another thing that we both agree on.

Quote:
If you blame every aspect of corporate greed on sociopaths you're wrong, and won't be taken seriously.

Do you think that some of this greed should be placed on empathic people as well?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 04:58 pm
@izzythepush,
Don't worry about it, izzy. RL has a fixation on what he calls 'sociopaths.' Most of us don't understand what he means by that word.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 05:26 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Well Izzy this is reality and here in reality we will disagree at times about the way things should be but if you would like to change reality then you can start seeing sociopathic behavior the way I do then we would have another thing that we both agree on.

In what way would you like to change reality rl? What is reality anyway? How do you think you should go about changing it?

In an intellectual sense it is impossible to prevent reality changing as the becoming destinies, including a sparrow farting, are not subject to stagnation.

You're blowing smoke again. You just like the sound of your own voice.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 05:34 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
In what way would you like to change reality rl? What is reality anyway? How do you think you should go about changing it?

Reality is what it is and there is nothing we can do to change it as far as I know.
spendius

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 06:05 pm
@reasoning logic,
Cripes!! You were changing it up above.

Do they allow you to vote rl?
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 06:17 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Cripes!! You were changing it up above.

Do they allow you to vote rl?

Do they allow all of your followers to vote?

spendius

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 06:21 pm
@reasoning logic,
I don't vote mate. I might be barmy but I'm not that far gone. And millions of Americans agree with me.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 06:24 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I'm not that far gone. And millions of Americans agree with me.

Can you name at least five of them that think you are not that far gone?
spendius

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 06:29 pm
@reasoning logic,
Media hypes it all up because it has just raked in $2 billion whilst on larger wages than those who paid it over. Scott Pelley is worth $20 million and he never created any real wealth.

O'Reilly even makes dough informing you all who makes his ******* shirts.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 01:07 am
Quitcha bitchin' you lot. See what #ows is up to in New York.

In Sunset Park, a predominantly Mexican and Chinese neighborhood in South Brooklyn, St. Jacobi’s Church was one of the go-to hubs for people who wanted to donate food, clothing, and warm blankets or volunteer help other New Yorkers who were still suffering in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.

On Saturday, Ethan Murphy, one of the people heading the kitchen operation, estimated they would prepare and send out 10,000 meals to people in need. Thousands and thousands of pounds of clothes were being sorted, labeled, and distributed, and valuable supplies like heaters and generators were being loaded up in cars to be taken out to the Rockaways, Staten Island and other places in need.

However, this well-oiled operation wasn’t organized by the Red Cross, New York Cares, or some other well-established volunteer group. This massive effort was the handiwork of none other than Occupy Wall Street—the effort is known as Occupy Sandy.

Article here
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 09:50 am
@Builder,
Finally.

At least an offshoot of Occupy Wallstreet has embraced an actual mission.

Good for these folks.
Builder

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 04:11 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Actually, 99Rise has identified a single mission, Finn; that of getting money out of politics.

http://www.99rise.org/