Two weeks into Occupy Wall Street protests, movement is at a crossroads

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 01:15 pm
@Green Witch,
Always good to start with common ground.

Of course the OWS still needs to achieve the status and effectiveness of the Tea Party. It remains to be seen, but so far my jury expert is telling me it doesn't look good for them.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 01:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
There are two fundamental problems with this approach which are coming to a head right now in our country's history.
Bigger than both problems is that the government has decided that it can and it should create the human behavior and morality that it wants to see. It can not and attempts to try are actions of abuse.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 01:19 pm
They are coming closer to an idea!

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 01:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
but so far my jury expert is telling me it doesn't look good for them.

Have you considered a new jury expert?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 01:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
HOw about that the K streeters employed by the capitalists write most of the bills that our Federal Government makes into law, such as tax law....does that count as cronyism??

How can you have capitalism without K streeters ?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 01:37 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
How can you have capitalism without K streeters ?
You can have K Streeters without having them write the legislation....With out them being the "policy experts". There are somethings that government should never contract out.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 01:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
It seems to me that capitalism is an ancient pyramid idea that continues to revolve and evolve but it is the same none the less. It seems to go though cycles over time coming back to where it began.

We can try and clean it up and paint a pretty picture of it but over time when things are running some what good people get greedier and they become parasitic and try to promote things that favor them over other groups, this is just normal for people who have antisocial personality disorders!
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 01:53 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
We can try and clean it up and paint a pretty picture of it but over time when things are running some what good people get greedier and they become parasitic and try to promote things that favor them over other groups, this is just normal for people who have antisocial personality disorders!
Greed has always been understood to be a problem in humanity, but the boys of the enlightenment thought that they could harness it and encourage it and everything would work out....Now we are at the point in history where Gordon Gecko can give a lecture on "greed is good" and get mostly approval. Trying to use greed to better man has been a failure in my opinion, it has ruined man and ruined the Earth that carries us.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 02:04 pm
@hawkeye10,
Here is some science about greed!
If we could ever bring Neuroimaging {MRI} and other sciences into our political process I would think that we would go from this screwed up system that is stuck in the past to one that is highly advanced!

0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 04:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
We actually agree on this. OWS needs more of an identity than a bunch of people playing bongo drums, waving puppets and criticizing CEO's. They need to form a solid organization to clarify what they want and work on getting it. They need to prove they can be a true voting block to get the attention of politicians. Anarchy may start revolutions, but it does not win them.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 05:00 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
Just that his percipience isn't wrong to assume that these people are not working - because they are not.

You seem to overlook an important thing about groups: their members can differ from one another. In particular, it is perfectly possible that some members of a group are working while others are not. To say of such a group that "they are not working" is logically false. More precisely, it's an overgeneralization.

(And that's all I have to say on this sub-thread.)
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 05:09 pm
It will all be over soon when the stock market crashes!

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 06:15 pm
@Linkat,
I just don't get how your politics or marching or campaigning is any of the corporations business, as long as you don't purport to represent them.
Linkat

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 07:22 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I was thinking the same thing - odd it sounds alot like the Tea party
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 10:24 am
@ossobuco,
I certainly agree - but thems the rules..
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 10:26 am
@Thomas,
Yes Thomas I know you must always be right - it seems very difficult for you to admit you could have even slightly erred. I do not have the same difficulty so I will allow you to win if you must. And you do love to end things by stating just as you have.

As I really do not care to be a part of contretemps with you - I will as well.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 10:28 am
Steve Jobs!

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 10:38 am
First elected official to join occupy wall street!

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 12:48 pm
@reasoning logic,
Well, they cant lose now!
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 03:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
0 Replies