Ossobuco's eyes

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 12:10 pm
PDiddie wrote:
Keep us up to date on her recovery, Walt.
There had obviously been an opacity behind the lens as well. The ophthalmologist tried to 'polish' this - which a) wasn't succesful and b) led to some bleedings. To his judgement, surgeons shouldn't manipulate too much on eyes; thus, he will leave the eye as it is and wait for the 'natural heeling process'.

Mother's sight, however, is excellent regarding the bleeding, better than the day after her first operation on the other eye.
(She now will be a littel bit short-sighted on one, far-sighted on the other eye. So she wont need glasses in normal. every day situations.)
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 01:18 pm
truth
Walter, I have the prescriptions in my contact lenses something like your mother's set up. One eye for distance, the other for reading. It works fine. Is she used to it yet?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 01:25 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Walter, I have the prescriptions in my contact lenses something like your mother's set up. One eye for distance, the other for reading. It works fine. He she used to it yet?
No, not at all - the last operation was just done yesterday.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:01 pm
BBB's eyes
Well, I got the news today. I'm scheduled for cataract surgery on my left eye on Frebruary 12th. My right eye will be done after the left one has healed.

I will ask Asherman to drive me to the hospital and bring me back to his house to stay overnight and return for a post-op appointment the next day. My neighbors across the street will take care of Maddy while I'm gone.

I hope I don't have any complications like Osso had.

BBB
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:43 pm
truth
BBB, the statistics are on your side, but good luck anyway.
By the way, let us know if Asherman grants your request.

Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:45 pm
BBB- Good luck to you. I have known many people who have had cataract surgery. The vast majority of them breeze through it, without a hitch.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:51 pm
JLNobody
JLNobody, Asherman has already offered to help. He and Natalie are good friends.

BBB
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:55 pm
truth
I know, BBB, I was just kidding. Anyone who would host a bunch of A2Kers as Asherman and Natalie die last year wouldn't hesitate to help a neighbor.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 06:01 pm
Hi, BBB, yes, yes, now that you've been all warned about things to worry about, it'll all go really well for you.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 06:31 pm
BBB, best wishes for a successful surgery. Please come back here with a report. This seems to have become a thread for those with eye problems and I'm sure Osso doesn't mind sharing at all--that's the kind of woman she is.

{{{{{{{{{{BUMBLE BEE BOOGIE}}}}}}}}}}
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 07:09 pm
So I went to surgeon one today.

My vision is slow to come back and pressure is still weirdly up given that I am taking three separate drops to quell it. The vision recuperation is still within range of normal but on the slow side, and the pressure is slightly high but not optic nerve threatening, as it was.

In the meantime I am less weakish/woozy on m'feet - bbb, ignore this, you won't have any problems - actually drew some details at work today. Just yesterday I had to erase all of them.

Today I found out that my lens, planted just behind the iris in surgery one, is - when the dilating drops stopped - in front of it on one half. Meaning that I will have increased glare... since pupil will not close fully. This probably happened with a teeny nudge in surgery two. Not necessarily a problem, and the new lens is not going to fall out or anything like that.

A new surgery would fix this in two minutes, literally, nothing very invasive and I might go for it, if appropriate, after all this present stuff calms down. By that time, my insurance would take the blow.

In the meantime, though, why is my pressure still over norm? (24, for those following) Da Da Da...

Anyway, I don't go back for two weeks, graduation of a sort.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 07:27 pm
boy oh boy Osso.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 08:04 pm
truth
Osso, is the pressure problem unexplained? The doctor has told you that it is not because of drainage problem? I'm thinking of glaucoma, of course. I hate it when doctors say to me that a problem is ideopathic meaning something resulting from my particular nature. I told one doctor once, after being told this, that I wanted a second opinion. He said I was stupid too.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 08:09 pm
anyway, BBB I've known alot of people who have had this done and it's usually a piece of cake. Good luck to you!

JL., Everybody, you've got to do you're own research and use your instincts. Don't stop until you are satisfied when it comes to medical situations. With the intenet the info is out there.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 09:03 pm
Uh, fealola, and jl, and most of all, bbb, sorry bbb, that you have to watch this...

I have had countless comments on how cataract surgery is a piece of cake, even from those who have been through it, though I have certain rather immediate doubts - even the simplest is a personal leap. Vision is never a piece of cake, even though the resultant surgery works most all the time.

I have had my own odd take on the radial keratotomy, or whatever they callit surgery... not that I don't believe in it, but because my eyes have been precious for decades, I would absolutely never **** with them, my own rather isolated point of view.

I have a tv news friend who had this done and had an eye end up wrinkled and then redone... me, no, I couldn't go there, with real vision au point all these years.

JL. bube, the immediate pressure problems were, from inflammation re the old lens getting back into the vitreous humour, let us call it the vh.

After surg two, lots of who hah has been swept away and is recouping. Still, things are high given the meds.

I may have several more hoops, but none as crucial as that ride through the forest. Thus I post with a certain savoir whatsis.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 09:12 pm
Bless you Osso, you are a strong, vibrant human being, and I am in awe of you.

Keep on trucking!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 09:17 pm
Sorry, folks, that was rather too out there.

I'll recoup in a bit.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 09:22 pm
Too out there?

How?

Your writing about this has itself been an interesting read, still hoping as I read along for a slam-dunk happy ending, but not to the point that the realistic non-slamming meanderings are not interesting, themselves. (They are.)
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 09:25 pm
Damn, Osso, you've really been through it.

Having ones vision in jeopardy is a nighmare. But there are success stories out there and I think that's the majority.

And I don't think I'd mess with keritotomy even though that's pretty succesful too.-- messing with that kind of gives me the creeps. Such a delicate area! What you've had done was neccesary.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 09:26 pm
Pacco is barking too.

well, things are not simple in my eye world, but the emergency part, in any case, is past.

A few folks are pretty attuned to my eyes re data (yikes, data, says she in the lab world) but then I might like that to happen.

Re money, hell, I never had it. Let's see what happens now.

Still, I like my guy for immediate vision, such as it is, and will post as appropriate.
0 Replies