The horror of Sept. 11th, 2001

chai2

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 10:12 am
@ehBeth,
What fantasies do I play out?

I'd be really curious to know, because as far as I know, I've never been one to even Have fantasties, either public or private.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 10:22 am
@manored,
manored wrote:

If the dead can hear us, I sure hope they have something better to do. Seriously, if we move on, why cant the dead? =)

[/quote]

Laughing

Seriously manored, I'm with you.

I was thinking about that last night.
As if the dead, whether they are in spirit form, or some dispersed energy, really devote any of that energy to what is going on in this incredibly small dot in time and space that is us.

The cosmos is out there, they are now part of it, but somehow their "feelings" may be hurt is they are not remembered by us in our miniscule existence.

Personally, when I'm dead, if it's possible, I'm gonna have better things to do exploring the infinite dimensions available to my energy. I won't even be aware I'm doing it probably.

Or else I'll just be dead.
JTT

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 10:28 am
@chai2,
Quote:

Quote:
Personally, when I'm dead, if it's possible, I'm gonna have better things to do exploring the infinite dimensions available to my energy. I won't even be aware I'm doing it probably.

chai2

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 10:30 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think that goes under the heading of "humor"

capice?
JTT

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 10:34 am
@chai2,
American girl in Italy

Homosexual child predators in swimming pool
chai2

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 11:16 am
@JTT,
Don't you feel like an idiot for your fantasizing/obsessing that the one thread was about homosexuals, even after statements made ad nauseum that it wasn't, and reasons given?
It wasn't about homosexuals, it was about child molestation. It was, because it was my thread, and that's what I say it was about.

Or your other fantasy/obsession that the other tread had anything to do with Italy?

I know I would.

I'm not hiding behind anything. The one thread was about potential pedaphiles, the other about potential molesters of women.

Has it come to where a person's opinion = fantasy?

sigh....again, you're one of the usual suspects, so I'll not waste any more pixel space on you.

I know, maybe you and sturgis would like to set up an annual "remember the pedaphile thread that we insisted was about homosexuals, even though it was explained why it wasn't", and we can get together this time next year to get all excited about it.

Hell, I hope we're all here 10 years from now, mourning the poor men who get erections when they look at children.

It will be really meaningful.
trying2learn

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 01:26 pm
@chai2,
No I did not think I was talking to dead people. I screwed up when I wrote "To" when I should of written For. I think it is important to remember that day because in remembering, we learn from what happened.

I don't think you can put a time line on how many years it takes someone to get over the loss of a loved one. Yes, people move forward and life goes on. That doesn't mean you can't honor those in some way for a tragedy of the magnitude that happened on that day.
trying2learn

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 01:29 pm
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 02:05 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
I know, maybe you and sturgis would like to set up an annual "remember the pedaphile thread that we insisted was about homosexuals, even though it was explained why it wasn't", and we can get together this time next year to get all excited about it.

Hell, I hope we're all here 10 years from now, mourning the poor men who get erections when they look at children.

What the devil is your problem? You were questioned on a number of things in that thread, including your deciding the Mexican man was a predator...though initially you had no indication that he was or that he was even Mexican. What will always most anger me of that entire story was that even though you knew beyond any doubt that he was a sexual predator you didn't bother to even try reporting it to pool officials. May nobody you care about ever find themselves in a situation like you described, and then end up being attacked by a predator.

As for your sick, twisted fantasy...and yes honey, it is a fantasy...that I'd even want to dredge up that topic for sexual pleasure, well, I am appalled that you'd even make such a suggestion. Perhaps those are the kinds of thoughts which help you find sexual or emotional ecstasy, but they aren't mine. Then again I don't hang out at the pool behind dark glasses staring at the crotches of men hoping to spot activity in their shorts or swim trunks.

JTT

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 02:36 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
It wasn't about homosexuals, it was about child molestation. It was, because it was my thread, and that's what I say it was about.

Excuse me for forgetting/being unclear what your mishmash of thoughts was about in that thread, Chai.

Quote:
it was about child molestation.

Gee, I must have left the thread too soon. I guess I missed the finale. Were they captured? charged? convicted?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 02:39 pm
@trying2learn,
Quote:
I think it is important to remember that day because in remembering, we learn from what happened.

What do you think has been learned from that day, T2l?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 05:54 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

chai2 wrote:

What the devil is your problem? You were questioned on a number of things in that thread, including your deciding the Mexican man was a predator...though initially you had no indication that he was or that he was even Mexican. What will always most anger me of that entire story was that even though you knew beyond any doubt that he was a sexual predator you didn't bother to even try reporting it to pool officials. May nobody you care about ever find themselves in a situation like you described, and then end up being attacked by a predator.

As for your sick, twisted fantasy...and yes honey, it is a fantasy...that I'd even want to dredge up that topic for sexual pleasure, well, I am appalled that you'd even make such a suggestion. Perhaps those are the kinds of thoughts which help you find sexual or emotional ecstasy, but they aren't mine. Then again I don't hang out at the pool behind dark glasses staring at the crotches of men hoping to spot activity in their shorts or swim trunks.

holy ****, you are really insane.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 10:04 pm
I think it's an extremely low and cowardly act to launch an attack on innocent civillians on home soil, no matter how justified you think your agenda might be.

I feel for the 3000 odd people lost in New York, etc. as I do for the 300 000 odd lost in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

chai2

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 06:58 am
@Eorl,
Eorl wrote:

I think it's an extremely low and cowardly act to launch an attack on innocent civillians on home soil, no matter how justified you think your agenda might be.

I feel for the 3000 odd people lost in New York, etc. as I do for the 300 000 odd lost in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Or the 6 million in the Holocaust, etc.

I hear ya Eorl.
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 07:10 am
@chai2,
I wonder if most people are aware that america had 'camps' for the asian people too not even 50 years ago... RIGHT IN america too..because apparently at that time, THEY were the common, acceptable face of terrorism..
Eorl

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 07:33 am
@shewolfnm,
Even here in Australia (and New Zealand), we had camps for German, Japanese and Italian POW's during WWII.

chai2

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 07:52 am
@shewolfnm,
CI sure knows.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 10:19 am
@Eorl,
Quote:

How might a century plus of attacks on innocent civilians on home soil be described?

Does the English language, any language for that matter, have words appropriate to the task?
JTT

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 10:36 am
@JTT,
How might a century plus of attacks on innocent civilians on home soil,

while, all the while, a great and loud pretense was made [a pretty damn effective one too] that the attacks were to save the very people butchered,

be described?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 11:04 am
AMERICA ATTACKED

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/630/911ou.jpg