Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 08:10 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
No, Dumby, i harped about corherence in what you write--something i've never yet seen you attain here.

What is it of importance? again, My claims are made up bullshit superstitions and lies anyways??

Quote:
The fact of the matter is, i don't capitalize the first person singular subjective pronoun because i'm not an egomaniac, as is the case with some religious loonies i could name.

LoL, just because others do, does not make them egomaniac's...but far be it from me to point this out to you...for I am hysterical, delusional, hateful, untruthful, meaningless, perceptional problems etc....
ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 08:10 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Quote:
Really, just look at the number of atheists to theists on these forums....

ok - how many atheists are on A2K, and how many theists? Not how many you think there are - how many are there.

We'll see you in a few years as you've got a couple of hundred thousand people to codify.

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 08:12 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
you did not seem to answer mine, what are you if your not Atheist??

I asked you what the relevance of the question was. What does my belief system have to do with the questions you pose?

You have not given me any reason to identify my belief system to you.
Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 08:14 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I'm not surprised that you can't understand the need for coherent expression.

There are plenty of other clues to your egomaniacal nature, such as when you were criticized for preaching and you said you only want to guide. You can barely write a coherent sentence in what one assumes is your native language. Why should anyone believe you could guide them to a urinal in a men's room, much less guide them to heavenly salvation?

Is this what you see as not talking to me any longer?
ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 08:15 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

I would say that having a common based belief in the lack of belief is a common based belief...whether it is a lack or an acknowledgment...

no. You still don't understand it.

I appreciate that it can be difficult to understand the fundamental difference between a belief system and a lack of belief, but you will continue to have problems with these threads if you do not understand that very basic difference.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 08:16 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I asked you what the relevance of the question was. What does my belief system have to do with the questions you pose?

You have not given me any reason to identify my belief system to you.

The relevance is that you took offense when I said you were atheist...You do not have to tell me if you do not wish...I was asking to better understand you as a person....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 08:25 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
I'm not surprised that you can't understand the need for coherent expression.

Then why do you act surprised when you type how many errors there are in there??

Quote:
There are plenty of other clues to your egomaniacal nature, such as when you were criticized for preaching and you said you only want to guide. You can barely write a coherent sentence in what one assumes is your native language. Why should anyone believe you could guide them to a urinal in a men's room, much less guide them to heavenly salvation?

Because I can admit my faults, with which you have yet to do, (if you truly feel like you were acting like a gentleman the other day!) that should give you an inclination I am not an egomaniac, self-driven person and do not wish to cause strife or fights here...You on the other hand can continue you bousterious, outlandish behaviour if you wish...with that opinionative overbearing attitude....

Quote:
Is this what you see as not talking to me any longer?

Sorry, I could not resist your beautiful incite!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 08:31 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
ok - how many atheists are on A2K, and how many theists? Not how many you think there are - how many are there.

We'll see you in a few years as you've got a couple of hundred thousand people to codify.

I think I will take it in in small doses...this is a thread for religious, as well as non...Seems there are about 50 or so posters who are non-believers, and I have seen maybe 4 or 5 believers...is this a plausible dose of a variable of how this website is?? or is this another case of anecdotal experiences??
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 08:34 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:

I appreciate that it can be difficult to understand the fundamental difference between a belief system and a lack of belief, but you will continue to have problems with these threads if you do not understand that very basic difference.

Since, I really don't have a good understanding. Do you think you could explain it to me more in depth?? I am honestly interested....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 08:51 am
@Setanta,
Quote:

If that is the case, Setanta, and your right, then I guess it is better to be egomanical at times, but admit your wrong, and draw back...(like I did numerious times, including saying I do wish to be a guide over a preacher, for it is the truth! It means I listened, took in what they said to me, agreed, and excepted to act the way they said I should be acting...) than it is to be an overbearing, egotistical, arrogant, self-righteous asshole like you are...who thinks everything he does and says is always justified...with no if and's or buts about it...have fun in your playpen with Ragman, little miss can't be wrong!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 09:38 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
and I have seen maybe 4 or 5 believers

Your anecdotal experience is causing you problems again.

The majority of theists here do not self-identify. It's not necessary for them.

Here's my anecdotal experience : most people don't go around telling others about their religious orientation during work/social discussions. That includes social situations like this board.

Really. Do the research. Study theism and atheism. Don't just rely on what I say or what you think you're seeing. Do the research.

Keep your mind open.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 09:57 am
@ehBeth,
I agree that many do not, but also many do not ness. have to explain there orientations to be heard, either...

Now if I take it wrong, than I will except that fault...I have studied the majority of all major theism's but have not studied atheism yet, I felt I could get a better understanding by coming here, and learning from life experiences, rather than reading things from a book....or website etc...

How would one go about asking or finding out about a personal belief/in conjunction to atheism, if you do not ask it on a board like this?? there are litterly millions of different ways to embrace a Belief/or ways people live that jive with a lack of belief....So, the best way possible for me to learn is to ask questions....If ones are not willing to tell their orientation I am fine with that, as I have said to your before, and will say again...

And I feel like I do have an open mind...It may not be at it's full potential but I have taken great steps from when I first came, till now, and from now till the future...I do appreciate the honesty, and at least if nothing else, the understanding, and need not to be hurtful....have a great day Beth...
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 10:29 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

I would say that having a common based belief in the lack of belief is a common based belief...whether it is a lack or an acknowledgment...

Perhaps it becomes easier to understand if one talks about gods that ones correspondent doesn't believe in: Because I am an atheist and Christians are monotheists, Christians and I share a disbelief in Zeus, Wotan, Vishnu, and all but one of the myriad other gods out there. By SpadeMaster's theory, then, Christians and I should feel a sense of shared belief. But as a matter of empirical fact, I assure you that we don't. Only the gods we believe in establish what SpadeMaster calls "a common based belief". The gods we disbelieve in do not. EhBeth is right about that.

To conclude on a personal note: Jonathan Miller, an atheistic intellectual of Jewish decent, once said that the only reason he ever self-identifies as a Jew is to stand up to antisemites. I feel the same way about my atheism. If all prejudices against atheists were to cease tomorrow, I would stop calling myself an atheist immediately---just as I'd never bother calling myself an a-homeopathist today.
Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 10:29 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
You're delusional. I don't "type how many errors there are in there." In fact, i have been very restrained in not pointing out how often what you write lacks coherehnce, and i have taken the trouble to attempt to understand what you seem to attempt to say, rather than just pointing out how bad your writing is. I certainly don't break down your bad writing point by point. This:

Quote:
Because I can admit my faults, with which you have yet to do, (if you truly feel like you were acting like a gentleman the other day!) that should give you an inclination I am not an egomaniac, self-driven person and do not wish to cause strife or fights here...You on the other hand can continue you bousterious, outlandish behaviour if you wish...with that opinionative overbearing attitude....

. . . is a perfect example. Rather than tell just how badly this is wrttien, and how much your bad writing detracts from your credibility, i'll just do what i've done all along. I'll respond to what i think you are trying to say.

I have made no commitment to acting like a gentleman, as you have it, and your behavior in this thread falls well below any such standard. This is a place in which people debate ideas, so no one is constrained to say only things you would like to hear. Furthermore, you expressly invited the participation of people who do doubt christianity, and yet you whine about it constantly in this thread, and you've responded with nasty personal remarks and whining about "atheist gangs." You invite people into this thread, and wet your little panties when they show up. You want people to comment, and call them opinionated in a slighting manner when they do. You're a mess.

What i really ought to do is to just cut every post you make to shreds based on its incoherence, bad spelling and bad grammer . . . but then i'd spend all day here and get nothing else done.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 10:32 am
It didn't take you long to descend again into vicious name-calling, did it Spade? But then, you've done that for pages and pages and pages--nothing new there.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 11:28 am
@Setanta,
O.K. I will revamp my views just on the basis of you, and you alone!!!

Quote:
I have made no commitment to acting like a gentleman, as you have it, and your behavior in this thread falls well below any such standard.

Do you believe your behavior falls below this threshold as well??

Quote:
This is a place in which people debate ideas, so no one is constrained to say only things you would like to hear.

I never said they had to do this, you assumed I did...

Quote:
Furthermore, you expressly invited the participation of people who do doubt christianity,

As they are openly welcome all the time...No second thought about it, I value their impute...

Quote:
and yet you whine about it constantly in this thread,

Do you believe you whine about my Christian views??

Quote:
and you've responded with nasty personal remarks and whining about "atheist gangs."

I did this to make a point, that evil=evil therefor, there is no point in embracing evil ones, whether they say they follow, Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Confusionism, Sikhism, Taoism, Shintoism, and or Agnostics, or Atheists...evil means nothing....

Quote:
You invite people into this thread, and wet your little panties when they show up.

Do you believe that you acted mature in the start of this debate toward me? (regardless of how I was to others)

Quote:
You want people to comment, and call them opinionated in a slighting manner when they do. You're a mess.

Do you believe your acting opinionated by stating I am Hateful, untruthful, hysterical, perceptive problems etc...when you don't even know me??

Quote:
What i really ought to do is to just cut every post you make to shreds based on its incoherence, bad spelling and bad grammer . . . but then i'd spend all day here and get nothing else done.

See more personal attacks with which you'll flip toward me....I will say that arguing in the manner we have and are doing is a bad thing and wrong...Do you believe that us arguing in the manner we have and are is a good or bad thing??

How would you cut them to shreds?? are you a message board moderator?? if you are that is interesting, indeed....

Quote:
It didn't take you long to descend again into vicious name-calling, did it Spade? But then, you've done that for pages and pages and pages--nothing new there.

Well I am not going to do it anymore, I have now said my piece without being vicious...and I would hope you do the same and answer my questions....and if we get into another heated debate...then since I can't stop you, and it hard for me to stop myself, even though I would like to see what you type, I am going to block you, so that this youngster bullshit is over and done with...I am here to learn, and help spread the words of Christ, if others (not saying you do) but if others have vendeta's against me, I can't help them there...I personally probably would not hurt a fly....
ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 11:34 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Perhaps it becomes easier to understand if one talks about gods that ones correspondent doesn't believe in: Because I am an atheist and Christians are monotheists, Christians and I share a disbelief in Zeus, Wotan, Vishnu, and all but one of the myriad other gods out there.

By SpadeMaster's theory, then, Christians and I should feel a sense of shared belief.

But as a matter of empirical fact, I assure you that we don't.

Only the gods we believe in establish what SpadeMaster calls "a common based belief". The gods we disbelieve in do not.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 11:44 am
@Thomas,
Quote:
Christians and I should feel a sense of shared belief. But as a matter of empirical fact, I assure you that we don't. Only the gods we believe in establish what SpadeMaster calls "a common based belief". The gods we disbelieve in do not. EhBeth is right about that.

O.k. so why then do we not share in a shared belief, if were both for progressing humanity?? (for we both believe that) In other words why does/or would a God set the boundries of shared beliefs or no shared beliefs?? What exactly do you believe as an atheist?? Are your beliefs founded and formed in conjunction to other atheists you talk to?? If not, why not? If so, how is this not having a shared belief? If atheism itself is the lack of belief of any deity, and there are billions of other atheists around the world...If there is no God to differenciate you from others, why do you call yourselves atheist (lack of belief in a God) when you already believe there is no such existence of any God??
Chights47

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 11:48 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
Does it matter? Who says that these Christians, are doing these acts based on Christianity?? Seems more like Satanism to me than that of Christianity...
For what reason does the Westboro Baptist Church spread their hatred then? It seems to me that based on their signs and what they say that they preform this hatred because of what is presented in the bible and the supposed actions of the deity portrayed within. Unless you're going to try and "rationalize" that your devil decided to corrupt the bible and falsify only some of the scripture... There are many examples of hateful and immoral actions occuring because people believe that their religion commands such things. To try and claim otherwise is to deny reality, and I can post specific video's showing this, you however cannot. As I have stated before, people do not preform actions because of what they don't believe, but what they do believe. Atheism is simply the absence of belief. I'm a non-believer in the stork theory of where babies come from but I do not base my life around that.

Quote:
To state otherwise would be to also claim that a person suddenly decides to rape and murder because they don't collect stamps. A person actions aren't defined by what they don't believe, but by what they do believe.

I disagree here, and if your right then I will reword it, since there is no real way to pin it to an atheist so that they accept and understand my point....Atheists are for progressing humanity, right? Do you believe that some in thinking of progressing humanity, take it upon themselves to steal, lie, cheat, murder etc...and that they believe in what they believe, not on what they don't that these evil acts are progressing humanity?? because there progressing themselves?? If that is the case, with which I am sure any realistic person should answer yes they do, or people do do these things, than it is of the same thing to think or portray Christianity, as evil based on what ones who practice evil and are away from God do, apposed to the majority of Good honest people out there....who probably are not much different than you and I, they choose to progress humanity, and embrace a God in doing this...and are Good natured people, looking to help others....

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
Define bigoted opinions?? maybe not Bigotry, but their is just as bad as a crime in the fact of atheists attacking Jesus Christ, with which we believers consider sacret, It would be the same for a believer to personally attack you...because you value your life above all, If believers were to personally attack you and your life, would that offend you, after shrugging it off many-a-times?? If your answer is no, I don't believe your being Self-honest, or understand what it is like to be persecuted like that, and if your answer is yes, than you can sympathize with me here, for all the reasons listed above....
Bigotry is when someone is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ. Homosexual marriage is denied in America due to bigoted religious opinion. It's considered to be wrong and immoral but without religion this is completely unreasonable thinking. What is wrong about it? What is immoral? The only reason people think this way is because they believe some magical sky daddy told them to. Another example would be that in America, atheist are considered to be the equivalent of rapists. Atheists are the most irrationally hated and persecuted minority in America. It's believed that about 15% of the American population is atheists yet a majority of those people are not open about it for fear of being persecuted. Could you even imagine what it would be like to be a gay black atheist in the Bible belt of America?

Quote:
Theism does not do this...that is my point, and any theist who does this does not know God at all...Just the same as an atheist who is for progressing humanity (something they believe, rather than don't believe) and thinking in their distorted, warped view, it is acceptable to steal, lie, cheat, murder etc. in their lives because it progress's them...and please don't tell me it doesn't exist, I know a few who do or feel this way...
Theism does do this, you claim that if a theist does this that they don't "know" god. I deny that, they merely don't know your interpretation of some random magical sky daddy. There are about 36,000 different denominations of Christianity all with various beliefs on what this deity should be, so your claim that they don't "know" your version of a deity doesn't exactly have much weight here. It seems you still don't understand so I'll try and be more specific, you said "Just the same as an atheist who is for progressing humanity (something they believe, rather than don't believe) and thinking in their distorted, warped view, it is acceptable to steal, lie, cheat, murder etc. in their lives because it progress's them". Whether you realize this or not, you have stated in your sentence that these immoral atheists do not do immoral actions because of atheism, but because of their warped views on progressing humanity which has nothing to do with atheism. As I have stated before, atheism itself does not lead people to doing that which is immoral...well at least based on my definition of morality. If you disagree I implore you to provide evidence to the contrary.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
Because once you realize it, when you put all the nonsense behind you, the good, far outweigh the bad...as I bet I can say the same about pragmatic atheists who are doing good things to help others, such as yourself....Why do you, as a good Sumeratian do negative implications/or actions in your life?? (Simply answer: and you don't have to answer if you don't want to...all good honest people do bad, and there is none that are holier than thou, no matter what you believe) The bottom line is no matter how good, or responsible etc. A person is, negative actions are going to come with them....as part of the baggage....
Who says I do anything wrong or immoral? I won't deny that I have done so in the past, but that was before I knew better and was more understanding and reasonable. I also disagree that good must always come with "baggage" much less with all the baggage that religion brings. I don't think that all evil could be purged overnight but I do believe if people start promoting reason and understanding that people will realize that evil and immoral actions are of no benefit in this world.

Quote:
This is your opinion, as I do not believe they are flawed, I can make the argument, that evildoers, whoever they are, and speak of, are worthy of some type of repayment for the debts they incurr...in this life, and next, and as well as there is One who will right the wrongs, and have something so blissful, and beyond what we have here, if that is the case, do you wish to go to this place??
Who is this "One" that will right these wrongs? Where is he/she/it? Why can't they correct things here so that we are witness to it and not in some unknown place that no one knows exist? What is beyond what we have here and where would it be? What does it look like and how would it be? Where is your evidence to support any of this? Without any evidence or proof why should anyone believe what you say? Most likely it would just have something to do with "faith" but I'm really sick of that argument. Faith is honestly just an excuse to believe in stupid **** that people have no reason in believing. Faith is stupid because since it requires no proof, it has no direction on actual truth. I could say anything outlandish and stupid and slap "faith" on it and by your "logic" it would be true. I assert that rainbows are actually made when invisible and intangible flying leprechans rape invisible and intangible flying unicorns in between a light source and water droplets in the sky
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 11:49 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
You're not doing me any favors, i don't care what your views are. You seem to have missed the point altogether, this site is not about displaying one's "gentlemanly" nature. People come here to discuss and debate. You invited us to discuss christianity. We've been doing so, while you grow progessively nastier. Let's review what's happened here between you and me.

Having only casually read along for many, many pages, i saw you claim that atheists had said they might change their beliefs if they had a sign from god. Atheism isn't a belief, it's the lack of a belief. As atheists don't believe there is a god, there is no good reason for them to talk about signs from god. So i said i didn't believe it, and asked you to link the posts--something you had already said you could do. You've never done it, and you've grown progressively nastier since i started asking you to back up that stupid claim of yours. Then you hit upon the dodge of attempting to suggest that you were protecting these alleged atheist from me. What a load of horse apples--i wouldn't attack such a poor fool, i'd laugh my ass off. Here's what would happen if you got one of these alleged atheists in here:

Setanta wrote:
Putative Atheist wrote:
If you showed me a sign from god, i might change my beliefs.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . .

I don't assume that you've said any such thing about what people are constrained to say. I was just pointing out to you what you can expect in a place in which people debate--and especially when you pointedly invite people to a discussion with you.

You value their impute? Do you know what the word impute means?

I haven't whined about your christian views--this all arose from your idiotic claim about what two atheists (you specified two) said regarding a sign from god. You continue to not understand that atheists are not operating from a set of beliefs, they are called atheists because of what they don't believe.

To repeat what i've written above. You got nasty when i challenged your claim about atheists asking for a sign from god. Don't make up some bullshit about evil and evil ones, that was no part of our discussion. That was just some loony flight of imagination in which you indulged all on your own.

You made a false claim--a lie--that i "type how many errors are in there" (your words, i'm not responsible for the inept expression). Therefore, i pointed out what i might do, if i didn't value my time more. It's not a personal attack to point out how badly you write, it's just an observation of a demonstrable fact. I have no opinion on whether or not arguing is a good or a bad thing--but it's what people do here. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Leaving aside the undeniable fact that this site is all about people airing their opinions, in those cases in which they are not actually providing evidence for their claims, no i don't consider that i was being opinionated to point out that you have been insulting and hateful. That's just an accurate description of your behavior. I don't have to know you to point out that you have been insulting or hateful, when it is easily demonstrated that you have been insulting and hateful.

You really take the cake. "Youngster bullshit?" How old are you boy? I'm over sixty years of age, and the only childishness i see around here is yours.