Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 08:06 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
It just doesn't sink in with you. I would not allege that something were "convicted" if i didn't believe it existed. This is the failure of understanding that you're attempting to support, and failing to support. Your weeping statues, etc., may not be explained (which i think is bullshit), but that doesn't constitute "a sign from god"--as i said, it is only evidence of your self-delusion.

It doesn't sink in with your either, So all these people who witness these things are Self-Delusional??? And what purpose does this delusional state/theory support, or even exist...

Quote:
No, i'm not willing to take your word. Link the post. Failure to believe what you allege is evidence of good sense, not ignorance. You twist the language pathetically.

Than I am not willing to waste my time!!! Wasting my time to dispel your doubts or lack of belief is evidence of good sense!! Go and reread all my posts, and people's responses to mine, and you will find them....[/size]
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 08:15 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
It just doesn't sink in with you. I would not allege that something were "convicted" if i didn't believe it existed. This is the failure of understanding that you're attempting to support, and failing to support.

And if you paid attention! and listened to my response I said they have convicted it...meaning (IN MY WORDS) they have already doubted its power and existence....Never did I say that they were looking for evidence of it, to simply deny it....So there for it is YOU who is the one failing to understand...Go back and reread, and pay attention!! Or is this not an example of Ignorance, with which so many Atheists "harp" about...........
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 08:43 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
No, Christmas Has to do with the Birth of Jesus Christ, and Easter has to do with his death and resurrection, 3 days and so on (as you call it....)

But its funny, what has been revealed to me, that Christmas, the date, is NOT actually when Jesus was Born, but it was more toward October...

Is there anything else that could have been taught to us incorrectly? Easter and so on?

The history of religion has so much to offer us if we can set aside our bias for a little while.

The popularity of Saturnalia continued into the 3rd and 4th centuries AD, and as the Roman Empire came under Christian rule, some of its customs may have influenced the seasonal celebrations surrounding Christmas and the New Year.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 08:45 am
Just stop with the ignorance thing o.k. JUST STOP....I am tired of hearing about it, SO many Atheists on here "NEED to WORK on their LISTENING SKILLS", BEFORE, Barking at everyone with which they disagree with is somehow, someway, ignorant!!!

Focus on your OWN ignorance FIRST, if ignorance is that highly important in your view(s)/lack of belief/progressing humanity!!!
Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 08:45 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
People who witness something and then claim that it is "a sign from god" are delusional unless and until they can demonstate that a god exists. You claimed that atheists ask for a sign from god. Unless you can link a post to that effect, there is no reason to believe you. Shouting about it won't change that.
Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 08:48 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Nor did i say that anyone was looking for evidence. I simply noted that if you can't provide evidence, there is no reason for anyone to believe you. Absent such evidence, atheists don't beleive that there is a god. So they certainly would not be looking for "a sign" from something they don't believe exists. As i said, this just doesn't sink in with you.
Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 08:49 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Don't get your little lace panties in a twist, and stop shouting at me. You are the one who introduced the concept of an argument from ignorance, and it's being thrown back in your face because you are the one who is employing it.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 08:53 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Is there anything else that could have been taught to us incorrectly? Easter and so on?

There are in fact millions of things that could be wrong, I don't feel inclined to challenge everyone of them....

Quote:
The history of religion has so much to offer us if we can set aside our bias for a little while.

I have seen what I need to see from it, and in my case. My conversion had little to nothing to do with backround, culture, etc...

Quote:
The popularity of Saturnalia continued into the 3rd and 4th centuries AD, and as the Roman Empire came under Christian rule, some of its customs may have influenced the seasonal celebrations surrounding Christmas and the New Year.

But the birth of Jesus was 1 A.D. which is MORE valid than customs which came about in the 3rd and 4th century, now do I believe ALL of our customs are exactly correct with what we "think" is right? Probably not! As I said myself, I see that Jesus was born around October, etc...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 08:56 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
People who witness something and then claim that it is "a sign from god" are delusional unless and until they can demonstate that a god exists. You claimed that atheists ask for a sign from god. Unless you can link a post to that effect, there is no reason to believe you. Shouting about it won't change that.

False! Purely YOUR speculations and nothing more!!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 08:58 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Nor did i say that anyone was looking for evidence. I simply noted that if you can't provide evidence, there is no reason for anyone to believe you. Absent such evidence, atheists don't beleive that there is a god. So they certainly would not be looking for "a sign" from something they don't believe exists. As i said, this just doesn't sink in with you.

Well then it doesn't sink in with you either, go and respond to the Atheists who have proposed such an idea not me! If you find ignorance a problem, it seems that some of your Atheists friends have not perfected that concept yet!! Go bark to them, before, spewing your hate toward me!!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 08:59 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Don't get your little lace panties in a twist, and stop shouting at me. You are the one who introduced the concept of an argument from ignorance, and it's being thrown back in your face because you are the one who is employing it.

I am emplored to give an answer in which you gave to me in the very beginning of this topic thread...I will shout if I want

1. because you don't control me

2. you could not stop me if you wanted too!
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 09:00 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
But wouldn't you agree with wikipedia's explainations regarding this matter?

I am not so interested in how our founding fathers thought because I am sure that they got many things wrong just as me and you do today.

Quote:
Even Wikipedia characterizes this type of logic as an “appeal to ignorance” – an approach asserting that something is false only because it has not been proven true – that the lack of evidence for one view is substitutionary proof that another view is true.

I think that everyone should believe in the spaghetti monster because there is no proof that the spaghetti monster does not exist.
It would be just as ignorant not believing in the spaghetti monster as it would not believing in God. That is what it means to be logical correct?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 09:05 am
@Setanta,
I also Noticed you did NOT take responsibility when I "showed" you that it was you who misunderstood the post, and were being ignorant...WOW, very classy indeed....Now, you see why the ignorant thing is just flat out appalling to say the least, especially when you hear it about a thousand times on here everyday!!!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 09:08 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I think that everyone should believe in the spaghetti monster because there is no proof that the spaghetti monster does not exist.
It would be just as ignorant not believing in the spaghetti monster as it would not believing in God. That is what it means to be logical correct?

No, It would be logical the same thing if a Spaghetti Monster, demonstated miracles in his name, or if there were messages from him, (like Jesus) who symbolized Piece, Mercy, Love, Acceptance, Forgiveness, Patience etc....then, your spaghetti monster, Giant hamburger argument would be logically the same thing...till then, there is a BIG difference!

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 09:17 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
There are in fact millions of things that could be wrong, I don't feel inclined to challenge everyone of them....

When you have blind faith you just believe regardless and God will sort it all out?

Quote:
But the birth of Jesus was 1 A.D. which is MORE valid than customs which came about in the 3rd and 4th century,

Which customs are you referring to? Do you mean incorporating Christianity into saturnalia and calling it Christmas?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 09:23 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
When you have blind faith you just believe regardless and God will sort it all out?

I don't practice "Blind Faith"

Quote:
Which customs are you referring to? Do you mean incorporating Christianity into saturnalia and calling it Christmas?

I never said customs, No, I am referring to the millions of things which we don't know that are potential harmful or dangerous to humanity...Some things are "better off" unknown!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 09:27 am
@Setanta,
Your the one with your panties in a bunch...because the problem here is/are that your spewing your hate toward me, because I "provided evidence" that you were the one who was responsible for voting peoples posts down, including fellow Atheists...and its irritating to say the least, you wish to turn this against me!!! If you were a TRUE man or women, you would stand behind your actions with responsible/acceptable responses that explain why you did that, if it truly bothers you, that I pointed that out!!
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 09:28 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
You do not understand the spaghetti monster is real and does all of what you listed, he tells me so and he told me to write a book and share it with others so that they too can worship him.

Do you see where this is going? If it is Your God or your religion it is OK, If it is someone else s religion it is normal thinking as well, "they just happen to be of the wrong faith. If it is something a little different such as the spaghetti monster or even the elephant god in some cases it is completely crazy.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 09:35 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
You do not understand the spaghetti monster is real and does all of what you listed, he tells me so and he told me to write a book and share it with others so that they too can worship him.

Do you see where this is going? If it is Your God or your religion it is OK, If it is someone else s religion it is normal thinking as well, "they just happen to be of the wrong faith. If it is something a little different such as the spaghetti monster or even the elephant god in some cases it is completely crazy

Again your trying to put words in my mouth...I never said that all other religions are crazy. In fact I have said on here there are rays of light in EVERY MAJOR religion (including Atheism) but the thing that solidifies it for me is that Christianity has the need for a Savior...Which to me makes it a complete one, and validates it...it makes it more relighible than ANY other!! (including Atheism) and like wise if your Spaghetti Monster was to demonstate in your book, that he has rays of light from his divine teachings (your book) and that he is a SAVIOR, I would take it plausible...No one takes it plausible because no Spaghetti Monster, Giant Hamburger has done these things...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 09:42 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
even the elephant god in some cases it is completely crazy

The Bible actually speaks about how people will worship things of that nature, when the people with Moses worshiped a Golden Calf...I will not be suprised in the Least if 1000 yrs from now there ARE religions who practice/believe in crazier things than Golden Calfs, rather than a man of flesh like you and I. DO you see my point?