Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 06:25 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Sure, knock yourself out. Keep in mind, asking for evidence does not mean "asking for a sign."

Just out of curiosity, what is the difference there?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 06:31 am
@Chights47,
Quote:
Picking up a single piece of trash only once a year and throwing it away is a beneficial act but in comparison to the amount of litter there is in the world. It almost makes no difference when compared to a group who devotes an entire day every week to cleaning up an entire area.

If I had the means to put together a group of people to go around and pick up trash to clean up the streets I would! but the validation or "proof" that I would be willing to in fact do this is easily seen and shown by the fact that I am ALREADY willing to do it by myself, and without others...Now its up to other humans to do likewise....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 06:34 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
By the way the Bible describes it, it is either a sign or miracle...If you as an atheist are asking for evidence, or a divinely inspired being to validate his existence than your looking for a miracle, and if you look for evidence that would suggest the non existence than that would be a sign....
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 06:34 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
And would you say that Lincoln had something to do with that? or was he MORE concerned with the south reuniting, and that the steam engine, and horse collar was why slavery ended all together??

I am not sure what all the reasons were but if I recall correctly one of them according to Lincoln was a book {best selling novel of the 19th century} went viral around the world and touched the emotions of others.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 06:37 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I am not sure what all the reasons were but if I recall correctly one of them according to Lincoln was a book {best selling novel of the 19th century} went viral around the world and touched the emotions of others.

Which (according to you) would ''suggest" he was MORE about humanity, than inventions....thank you, I can read between the lines, and your answer is clear enough for me to get an answer from....
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 06:42 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Where not evolving at all then, because the same exact brainwashing will come from Atheism, and from grown atheists telling children at young ages that there is no such thing as a God....The goal should then be, not the focus of a God/no God but that the duty of society is to "progress humanity" plain and simple....and then we would be evolving (if your theory is correct)

We all get things wrong atheist and Christians alike but that does not mean that we will not evolve.

Quote:
Where not evolving at all then, because the same exact brainwashing will come from Atheism, and from grown atheists telling children at young ages that there is no such thing as a God.

How is that any different than a grown atheists telling children at young ages that there is no such thing as a Santa?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 06:50 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
However you can denounce a god as picture in the bible that is so full of love for
the human race that at one point he kill all of it but for one family by drowning.

Strange he used that method of killing us as one would assume that he could had just wave his hands in the air and wiped us all out of existent without any pain or fear being involved.

Kind of similar to a man who is too cheap to go to the vet and therefore kill a litter of kittens by drowning them in a pail.

The Christian god as picture in the bible is a very evil god indeed.

Bill you seem to have a problem with the Old Testament God, if that is the case, and your not willing to take the time to talk about/explain your views on The New Testament, and or Jesus Christ....than your problem lies with people who practice Judaism, not Christians....Or ones who ONLY embrace the Old Testament....I don't know what you would like me to say. Was the God of the Old Vengeful, Jealous, and Zealous? Yes he was, for it even states it in the Bible...But if your not willing to take the time to explain what your problems are with the New Testament and or Jesus Christ, who symbolizes Piece<Love<Mercy<Acceptance<Forgiveness etc...Than please stop wasting Christians time, or people on here who actually know and understand the contents of the Christian Bible...Stop insulting our intelligence....For your only depicting half of the Bible, and it is not the half that Christians hold on to and gravitate in accepting the 3 in one God....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 06:56 am
@reasoning logic,
[/quote]It is a BIG difference, because in one breath, your saying that religious brainwash children, into religion, namely Christianity...But on the same token your not willing to accept that doing that to a child in regards to a God would be wrong if your Atheist....It shows ignorance....Your approaching it as your views and ideals are the correct ones even for future generations....When you like everyone else could be wrong....When the point is that the belief/lack of belief should be solely on the Child whether they wish to accept a God or not, And again just because you believe there is no God, is NOT a sufficant reason to tell kids like wise, anymore than it is for me to tell a Child that Jesus Christ is the Lord....

I will sum it up perfectly by your above statement...

Quote:
We all get things wrong atheist and Christians alike but that does not mean that we will not evolve.

To sum it up the way you explained it, then it should not be wrong (in your eyes) for me to tell children that Jesus is the Lord, because I am certain he exists...just as certain, for you, he does not!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 07:10 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
And for the record, in case your wondering. there should be NO SUCH THING as Santa Clause WHATSOEVER!!! If people embrace Christmas, than it should be because of the belief of Jesus Christ's birthday....and if your Atheists, than you probably should not be celebrating Christmas, Unless you like the festivities, But then you owe it to the Children to at least explain to them that Christmas is about the Birth of Jesus Christ, somehow without influencing them toward it, and jading them from it....that is indeed a difficult task to ask anyone...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 07:11 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
How is that any different than a grown atheists telling children at young ages that there is no such thing as a Santa?

Wait you mean Santa doesn't exist?? Oh man!! LOL just having some fun to brighten the day!! Wink Wink Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 07:16 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
.It shows ignorance....Your approaching it as your views and ideals are the correct ones even for future generations....When you like everyone else could be wrong..

Does this apply to you as well? Can you be wrong about God?
Could you be promoting something that could be harmful for society?

I call things what they are. "thing that I do not know for certain" but this does not mean that I am going to consume my life with things that can not be proven to exist such as unicorns, aliens, Gods and so on.

I am certain that my Ideas are not the best and that there are better ideas to come. I am also certain that some of my ideas are completely wrong I just wish I knew which ones they were.
I think that moral philosophers should always keep this in mind about their understandings.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 07:26 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
If people embrace Christmas, than it should be because of the belief of Jesus Christ's birthday....

I thought that this was about saturnalia and the winter solstice am I wrong?

The gifts, the date, the death and the resurrection 3 days so on and so on?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 07:35 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Does this apply to you as well? Can you be wrong about God?
Could you be promoting something that could be harmful for society?

It Does in fact apply to me as well! It should "show" that be me stating it would be wrong to brainwash children....I have in fact stated MANY times on here my views could be wrong, though like you I am certain that things I say are not...I don't think that Jesus Christ is or will ever be something that is Harmful for society. As for my other beliefs, I don't think I have done anything but "promote'' a God of Love<Mercy<Acceptance<Forgiveness<Patience etc....but yes, I could be wrong!

Quote:
I call things what they are. "thing that I do not know for certain" but this does not mean that I am going to consume my life with things that can not be proven to exist such as unicorns, aliens, Gods and so on.

But that does not mean that people by definition would/or should not do these things if it is important, or the center of their world...Just because you don't doesn't mean that others should not....

Quote:
I am certain that my Ideas are not the best and that there are better ideas to come. I am also certain that some of my ideas are completely wrong I just wish I knew which ones they were.
I think that moral philosophers should always keep this in mind about their understandings.

I completely agree!

0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 07:38 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I thought that this was about saturnalia and the winter solstice am I wrong?

The gifts, the date, the death and the resurrection 3 days so on and so on?

No, Christmas Has to do with the Birth of Jesus Christ, and Easter has to do with his death and resurrection, 3 days and so on (as you call it....)

But its funny, what has been revealed to me, that Christmas, the date, is NOT actually when Jesus was Born, but it was more toward October...
Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 07:45 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I see . . . this means you can't back up your bullshit claim. If someone does not believe that there is a god, they're not going to be "asking for a sign" from what they don't believe exists. However, if you insist that there is a god, there's a good chance they're going to ask you to provide evidence to that effect. Pointing to any one a number of random events and saying "See, a sign from god!" won't be evidence of anything other than your self-delusion.

Do you have a post to cite in which someone has asked you for "a sign from god?" Or were you just making it up as you went along?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 07:45 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

But wouldn't you agree with wikipedia's explainations regarding this matter?

http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesArticles.asp?id=102750

Quote:
Even Wikipedia characterizes this type of logic as an “appeal to ignorance” – an approach asserting that something is false only because it has not been proven true – that the lack of evidence for one view is substitutionary proof that another view is true.
Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 07:50 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
This is purley bullshit, and your source is playing fast and loose with the truth. In fact, it is the god squad which employs the argument from ignorance. From the Wikipedia article linked by your sources:

Quote:
It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false, it is "generally accepted" (or vice versa). This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that there is insufficient investigation and therefore insufficient information to prove the proposition satisfactorily to be either true or false. Nor does it allow the admission that the choices may in fact not be two (true or false), but may be as many as four, (1) true, (2) false, (3) unknown between true or false, and (4) being unknowable (among the first three).[1] In debates, appeals to ignorance are sometimes used to shift the burden of proof.

This is just the opposite of the claim made by your source, which says that an appeal to ignorance means that someone claims something is false because it has not been proven true--whereas, as one can see, it means that someone claims that a proposition is true because it has not been proven false. Christians trot out this bullshit all the time when they say to an atheist that they can't prove there is no god. They don't have to.

Your source is a bald-faced liar.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 07:51 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
I see . . . this means you can't back up your bullshit claim. If someone does not believe that there is a god, they're not going to be "asking for a sign" from what they don't believe exists.

Correct Because they have already convicted it in their eyes!

Quote:
However, if you insist that there is a god, there's a good chance they're going to ask you to provide evidence to that effect. Pointing to any one a number of random events and saying "See, a sign from god!" won't be evidence of anything other than your self-delusion.

this is your interpretations, in which I could link you to weeping statues of Mary, Jesus, and stigmata...with which the statues weep bloody tears with No explainations....

Quote:
Do you have a post to cite in which someone has asked you for "a sign from god?" Or were you just making it up as you went along?

I can in fact link a post, if you wish for me to waste my time...Or are you willing to take my word for it...For I truly don't remember where it was posted, and it will take a while to find it....All to prove your being ignorant by not believing me...and No I am not making this stuff up....
Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 07:54 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
It just doesn't sink in with you. I would not allege that something were "convicted" if i didn't believe it existed. This is the failure of understanding that you're attempting to support, and failing to support. Your weeping statues, etc., may not be explained (which i think is bullshit), but that doesn't constitute "a sign from god"--as i said, it is only evidence of your self-delusion.

No, i'm not willing to take your word. Link the post. Failure to believe what you allege is evidence of good sense, not ignorance. You twist the language pathetically.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 07:58 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
This is purley bullshit, and your source is playing fast and loose with the truth. In fact, it is the god squad which employs the argument from ignorance. From the Wikipedia article linked by your sources:

You take what you want from the article, and Ill take my view...I will continue to be open-minded....and you hold on to your opinionative, overbearing views...
0 Replies