Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 04:28 am
@Chights47,
Quote:
You should learn your history. In god we trust wasn't adopted as our motto until 1956, it wasn't placed on our coin money until 1864 and wasn't placed on our paper money until 1957. Most these things happen far after the US Civil War while the imprinting of "In God We Trust" happened right towards the end of the war.

This phrase was conceived by Salmon P. Chase, the U.S. Treasury Secretary under President Abraham Lincoln. Chase wrote in an 1861 letter to James Pollock, then Director of the Mint in Philadelphia, that "no nation can be strong except in the strength of God, or safe except in His defense. The trust of our people in God should be declared on our national coins." Aspirations for the motto arose surrounding the turmoil and heightened religious sentiment that existed during the Civil War. The Reverend M. R. Watkinson, in a letter dated 13 November 1861, petitioned the Treasury Department to add a statement recognising "Almighty God in some form in our coins." However Treasury Secretary Chase did not submit the motto with the words "In God We Trust" until December 9, 1863.

I have already studied up on this subject, and again does it not strike you odd that some form of embracing God was put on coins at the time Of one of the most sugniffigant Atheist presidents ever?? (Abraham Lincoln) Or is this just so happens to be another "coincidence" like in Bill's theory's??
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 04:31 am
@Chights47,
Quote:
You can't also say that no president has never been an atheist, you can only claim that no president has claimed they were one. It would literally be political suicide to out yourself as an atheist because something like 54% of Americans wouldn't vote for an atheist based on that one criteria alone. There are suspicions that Obama might be an atheist or at least an agnostic.

Correct! I garuntee that some of our presidents have or are Atheist....

I think Abraham Lincoln possibly was, and the admittance of In God We Trust, Or God Almighty was inscribed on coins DURING his reign of presidency....

That is another "sign in which" atheists look so hard for...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 04:45 am
@Chights47,
Quote:
This shows irrational rationalization yet again, you said that you've taken this idea to heart yet you obviously haven't. That's like slapping me in the face, saying you're sorry, and slapping me again. You aren't really sorry in that situation because you did it again. If you took the idea of irrational rationalization seriously you would question everything about what you would believe and your god most of all. I doubt that you appropriately question the existence of your god however, seeing as how you believe yourself to be so dependent on this idea. You couldn't imagine your life without a deity so you wouldn't risk losing such idea's so you don't question it appropriately. As I have said before, it doesn't matter if you question the details if you don't appropriately question the core.

And again, I do not know what you would like me to say in order to make you feel better to sleep good at night! I am not "trying to slap you in the face" though its odd that most Atheists don't give a rats ass about slamming or insulting Christians, or a Christian God (Jesus) so why am I apologizing again?? to be the one who sucks it up in this case....Again, I have questioned, and validated the core belief of Christianity, that Jesus is the Lord, and upon questioning and validating that, I can appropriately question the existence of God, when I am doing wrong but yet except Jesus as the Lord....If this doesn't make you feel all warm and cuddily to sleep good at night, than I'm sorry...and if you feel I am slapping you in the face, when I openly apologize, then again I can't or don't know how to smooth it over an easier for you to digest....it seems that the problem is your having a hard time with what I am in fact saying/and dispelling your doubts....Not that my positions are completely irrational/rationality complex theory, that you "harp" about....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 05:00 am
@Chights47,
Quote:
I've actually answered this before, because religion is based for the most part around culture and the brainwashing of children

And "prove" to me that Atheism, Is NOT guilty of grown adults "brainwashing children into Atheism at a young age...and that Atheism from grown adults to young ones is not based on the culture they're in....totally destroying the logic that ONLY RELIGIOUS DO THIS, and namely CHISTIANS!!

Quote:
Freeist in what sense? Are you refering to the freedom of speech? If you think that's the case, then check this out: http://www.atheistunderworld.com/2011/12/19/theists-threaten-kill-atheists-again/

No, I was actually referring to freedom of religion....But in any event, How could I not Go and google websites or videos of gang members or cults murderers etc...who "say they embrace Atheism, who do and will hunt down religious"?? Once you get this theory out of your head, that the goal of pragmatic religious is to "hunt down" non believers... we can discuss this, or likewise when you come to "grips" that the same exact evil around the world is happening in the exact opposite way, you will realize that evil people does not = the majority, or constitute ANYTHING plausible to the equasions of "progressing humanity" theists and Atheists alike...evil people symbolize evil...pragmatic ones = truth or validity or at least valuing of humanity...So in other words you would learn more from studying the positives of Christianity, and or Atheism, than "harping" about the negatives....(in which you never make mention of the fact that evil Atheists around the world do just as bloody bad things as evil religious)
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 05:27 am
@Chights47,
Quote:
I also think that it's funny that in the list of religions that you said you searched that you also searched religions that do not have deities...yet you heard a deities voice? So this means that you list is either an intentional delusion meant to deceive or that you have no idea what those religions/philosophies of life were about. I'm also not saying that culture and background are the only factors but they are indeed factors to some extent. The reason that you didn't convert back to Catholicism is because you didn't agree with how that deity was portrayed and based on the brainwashing nature of Catholicism you had inclination towards Christianity.

And you know this is exactly how it happened how?? Because I completely disagree!! Who says that religions who don't except deity's means that the leader or founder of their religions were not the ones with which I was talking with?? and furthermore, as a Christian, with my experiences, I have seen and experienced things of other religious "Kingdoms'' if you wish to call it that...that probably 80-90% of the believers of those religions probably never experienced, or even know certain things exist(s) about their beliefs....

Quote:
Are you insinuating that you do not believe in the Christian deity and that you do not believe in the claims of Jesus Christ?

Again, No I am not, I DO believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord, but the question was Did i embrace any other deity other than Jesus Christ,and the answer is yes, when sifting through the religions to finding God's voice, it took direct actions to accept, experience, and denounce "what I thought as "potential Gods" to find Christ...but this does not mean that My experiences were not compelling enough to simply convert me...but rather to show me, that it TRULY was Christ, and by the validation of searching, sifting through the other religious, I found out for myself, as well as God that they were all bogus! (or and that includes excepting Atheism)

Quote:
You may claim that you've verified the core of theism but that under the belief that theism is correct. Have you never took a second thought about your "visions" and thought that it might just be some sort of self induced delusion or some mirage due to your irrational belief in a deity? Have you never tried to think of all the ways in which your deity can't exist or tried to come up with secular reasons to explain all of the supernatural events in which you claim? As far as the quote in which you used, it is correct, but it don't mean that all that is beneficial is so in the most optimal way. Picking up a single piece of trash only once a year and throwing it away is a beneficial act but in comparison to the amount of litter there is in the world. It almost makes no difference when compared to a group who devotes an entire day every week to cleaning up an entire area.

I have in fact taken thoughts about theism is correct or not...I have questioned my thoughts and visions many times indeed! I have tried to come up with ways in which my deity doesn't exist, but come up with empty paths every time...(just because you disagree, does not mean that my views are not validatible, or in fact delusions...) (Sounds to me it has MORE to do with you dispelling your doubts about Jesus, more than me self-examining my God....Just on the outside looking in) I disagree completely with your analogy about the trash, whether it seems insignufigant or not to the world as a whole, I value that I do in fact do it, and value the fact that I did not have to do it, but willing chose to do it...which shows that one actually cares about "progressing humanity" even to the simplest and smallest scale possible...(Just so you know, sometimes that is the hardest ways of getting your self to do things that are sacrificial, things on the smallest scale possible)

Quote:
Apathetic Agnosticism is a view which concludes that even if one or more deities exist, they do not appear to be concerned about the fate of humans. Therefore, their existence has little impact on personal human affairs and should be of little theological interest. So it's really more like indifference towards the existence of a god rather than the rejection of it.

No then that is in fact NOT what I was, I was an Atheist....

Quote:
I'm actually not doing his work as I have said before. Hpothetically lets say that he does exist, if I were doing "his" work, then why would that work be (for the most part) against him?

No, Because the taking care of humanity part, in which you do, is God's work...

Quote:
As far as yourself, what do you do that's productive in this world alone? Do you help a soup kitchens, big brother, or any kind of volunteer work? I'm really just looking for anything at all really except for preaching or anything like that.

I have stated this before but will say it again, I have voluntered at food banks, I give and donate all the time, effort, and financial contributions I can give...For I am NOT much above poor, and I go and clean the streets of which I live in...etc...I could list many more, but I think this should be satisfying to say the least....
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 05:33 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I have already studied up on this subject, and again does it not strike you odd that some form of embracing God was put on coins at the time Of one of the most sugniffigant Atheist presidents ever?? (Abraham Lincoln) Or is this just so happens to be another "coincidence" like in Bill's theory's??

It doe not strike me as odd because the love of money is able to have persuasion over many things.
I would not doubt that the prince of the holy roman empire may have had his hand in promoting the God delusion so that he and others could have your ancestors as slaves.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 05:41 am
@reasoning logic,
Why then is Christianity Not denounced, after years without this supposivly forcing that occurred??
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 05:46 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
That is another "sign in which" atheists look so hard for..

Atheist do not look for signs they look for evidence. It seems to me that the believers are the ones who see so many signs because they are so often looking and praising a make believe God when they think they have seen a sign.

It seems that I had read some where that it is a wicked and adulteress people who seek after signs but the only type of sign that they will receive is that of Jonah. {A wale of a fish story}
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 05:48 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
It doe not strike me as odd because the love of money is able to have persuasion over many things.
I would not doubt that the prince of the holy roman empire may have had his hand in promoting the God delusion so that he and others could have your ancestors as slaves.

No, because according to Bill. Lincoln wasn't concerned with slavery but about the south reuniting with the north, even if it meant slavery to keep going!
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 05:50 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Why then is Christianity Not denounced, after years without this supposivly forcing that occurred??

It is a very slow process but it is taking place.
We are not as smart as you may think we are.
We are slow to evolve.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 05:51 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Atheist do not look for signs they look for evidence. It seems to me that the believers are the ones who see so many signs because they are so often looking and praising a make believe God when they think they have seen a sign.

It seems that I had read some where that it is a wicked and adulteress people who seek after signs but the only type of sign that they will receive is that of Jonah. {A wale of a fish story}

It is true, to further explain, I have heard atheists on here say for God to give a sign, that is why I felt that Atheists felt this way...Sorry to you, if it offended you....and it is true that wicked people will seek after signs when righteous will look for miracles....I hope this helps....
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 05:58 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
It is true, to further explain, I have heard atheists on here say for God to give a sign, that is why I felt that Atheists felt this way...Sorry to you, if it offended you....and it is true that wicked people will seek after signs when righteous will look for miracles....I hope this helps....

Is there a big difference between a sign and a miracle?
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 06:08 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
No, because according to Bill. Lincoln wasn't concerned with slavery but about the south reuniting with the north, even if it meant slavery to keep going!

Slavery has evolved.
Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 06:11 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Jeeze, you're so full of poop. No atheist is aksing for "god to give a sign"--atheists don't believe there is a god, remember? An atheist might ask you to provide evidence for a god, but absent a belief in any god, no one is going to be asking for "signs."

Goofy.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 06:12 am
@reasoning logic,
Yes a Sign has an iviquitical assertion , where as a miracle can not be simply summed up or assertion rather than of a divine purpose...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 06:13 am
@Setanta,
AHH so now we know the culprate behind voting all the posts down! thanks for the post Setanta!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 06:14 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Jeeze, you're so full of poop. No atheist is aksing for "god to give a sign"--atheists don't believe there is a god, remember? An atheist might ask you to provide evidence for a god, but absent a belief in any god, no one is going to be asking for "signs."

Goofy.

Would you like me to look through and find the posts in which atheists have asked for God to provide a sign so that Non-believers would embrace God?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 06:18 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Slavery has evolved.

And would you say that Lincoln had something to do with that? or was he MORE concerned with the south reuniting, and that the steam engine, and horse collar was why slavery ended all together??
Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 06:18 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Sure, knock yourself out. Keep in mind, asking for evidence does not mean "asking for a sign."
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 06:23 am
@reasoning logic,

Quote:
It is a very slow process but it is taking place.
We are not as smart as you may think we are.
We are slow to evolve.

Where not evolving at all then, because the same exact brainwashing will come from Atheism, and from grown atheists telling children at young ages that there is no such thing as a God....The goal should then be, not the focus of a God/no God but that the duty of society is to "progress humanity" plain and simple....and then we would be evolving (if your theory is correct)