Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

izzythepush

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 12:43 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Do you know of any religion that does not discriminate and control how people live their own private lives?

I don't really know of any, but I'm not religious, so what the heck?

Quote:
I do not want to see people believing in things that are not true.

What makes you think you know what's true?
Quote:
If your community was teaching that women should not vote and should be made to wear a burka would you be OK with this?

That's not going on in my community, I don't know where you think Southampton is.
Quote:
I see you have not been studying the history of religion.

What has what someone preached hundreds of years ago got to do with today? Many of your founding fathers owned slaves. Does that mean you should tear up your constitution?

You are the one obsessed with religion, moreover you have the same conviction as the fire and brimstone preachers of the past. You're not that much different, and just as dangerous. I notice on another thread you set out your Utopia, where anyone who does not think the same as you is given the most menial of jobs.

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:05 pm
@izzythepush,
Like I have said Izzy there comes a time when there is nothing you can do to help someone see reality and all religions have been taught this to their advantage but to the disadvantage of humanity.

If you really want to know the truth you will have to search for it and not trust what I say.

I have shared some very intelligent videos in the past but for the most part no one is able to point out to where the video is wrong but rather stand up as if they are much more intellectually advanced than the video that I am sharing.

If you are able to help me to see that you are being intellectually honest with everyone in regards to religion and other beliefs, you can take the time out and listen to what this neuroscientist has to say and prove where he is wrong.
If you will not at least try to show you are making an effort at listening to experts, do not be looking for future replies from me.

Warning this can hurt peoples feeling but the intent is the opposite.

izzythepush

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:12 pm
@reasoning logic,
Like I've said before, I've wasted enough of my time humouring you by watching your videos. You say you've posted intelligent ones in the past, but I've sat through 1 and a half hours of total tripe. I don't expect you to sit through videos that I've posted, but then again I'm more interested in thinking for myself, not trying to force others to think like me.

At the end of the day the only person whose thoughts and actions you can affect is yourself. When you realise that you should be a lot more content, and work on improving your own situation, instead of bothering about what other people think.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:24 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
At the end of the day the only person whose thoughts and actions you can affect is yourself. When you realise that you should be a lot more content, and work on improving your own situation, instead of bothering about what other people think.

Then why are you here explaining this to me?

I guess you are correct about not listing to a neuroscientist's video . Maybe I will start studying witch doctors.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:27 pm
@reasoning logic,
Maybe you should stop expecting people to do what you tell them.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:28 pm
@izzythepush,
make-belive
izzythepush

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:31 pm
@reasoning logic,
Then you've just doomed yourself to a life of failure. Try to enjoy it, I don't think you'll have much success.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:47 pm
@izzythepush,
How does your make-believing that am expecting people to do what I tell them, have any thing to do with my life?.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:57 pm
@reasoning logic,
I'm sorry, this all comes down to your communication skills. Ithought you're 'make believe' referred to my mistaken belief that you're not telling people not to think. Now it appears I've misjudged you. You're not convinced that you know the truth and that everyone else should think the same as you. Maybe one day you'll stop telling people what to watch.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 03:05 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I just do not know what to tell you. All religions will back up their beliefs and no matter what amount of logic I use I will most likely not get them to question their God or what they believe. You do realize what I just said is true don't you?

I have in fact questioned my God millions of times in my life...each and every time I "sin" when I "know better" and honestly, all it leads to is a path of self-centered, deceptive way of life to me personally....and I find out in the end, the sin was not worth it, and it would have been better to personally listen to this false mythelogical being, who seemingly wants to guide my life toward reflections of light...(though he is non-existent to many on here)...

The day that Jesus leads me astray I may question him to the point of denial....but I can already feel from him, that it won't ever happen....when I need him, I feel and hear him, when I need to be embraced, I feel his love, when I am doing "good works" I can sense his praise etc...so therefor, I hope you can sympathize with me, that if in fact something or someone is leading me toward light, and I can sense, and feel its Christ, as well as hear his words, it would be VERY wise to CONTINUE to follow and obey him, and NOT question him....since he seems to know my heart and thoughts better and before, I know them myself....

P.S. I would disagree with your above bold text statement, and multimillions-billions of believers who are self-honest would do the same....If you have "faith" in a God, and there are laws or codes of conduct to follow to be following and obeying his words...then each and every time one of these followers "listen to the consciounse" and then do the opposite, because they are being evil. Then they are for a fact questioning their God, and his belief system...Unless your God or beliefs are do what you want when you want all of the time...But to me honestly if such a theism popped up tomorrow, I would GARUNTEE it would probably be around till the end of the earth...but it's simple to examine their views and see they by not "submitting" and not embracing ANY God, but rather deriving a God around their ideas and interpretations as to what a(n) all powerful knowing God would want...defeats itself, and would lead to strife and chaos...
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 03:19 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I would like to reword what you said and see if I can share with you my point of view.

We can use any religion of your choice and come to the same conclusion but is this really asking the correct questions about my God or my beliefs?

I have in fact questioned Allah millions of times in my life...each and every time I "sin" when I "know better" and honestly, all it leads to is a path of self-centered, deceptive way of life to me personally....and I find out in the end, the sin was not worth it, and it would have been better to personally listen to this false mythelogical being, who seemingly wants to guide my life toward reflections of light...(though he is non-existent to many on here)...

The day that Muhammad leads me astray I may question him to the point of denial....but I can already feel from him, that it won't ever happen....when I need him, I feel and hear him, when I need to be embraced, I feel his love, when I am doing "good works" I can sense his praise etc...so therefor, I hope you can sympathize with me, that if in fact something or someone is leading me toward light, and I can sense, and feel it Muhammad
as well as hear his words, it would be VERY wise to CONTINUE to follow and obey him, and NOT question him....since he seems to know my heart and thoughts better and before, I know them myself....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 03:33 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
We can use any religion of your choice and come to the same conclusion but is this really asking the correct questions about my God or my beliefs?

What would be some of the "correct questions" to ask? (hit me with some, I have probably already asked Jesus about them!)

It absolutely would be!, if when I was converted, and questioned EVERY MAJOR religion I could grasp (including Islam) in feeling God's wrath, and repenting on my knees for 3 hrs...if I saw NOTHING BUT Mohammed, speaking to me, or Allah himself, telling me I was a Prophet Of Islam....but then I would Know Islam is false. as I already see it is for many reasons...Islam claims that Mohammed was the last Prophet before the end of the world...when I stated earlier, what I believe About Prophets and Prophetess....they will be here UNTIL the end, Not One BEFORE the end Comes! and their are about 7 or 8 "other reasons" off the top of my head why Islam is false indeed...and clearly Not of the same Divinely inspired texts as the Torah, nor Christian Bible....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 03:37 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Insert another religion of your choice, and I will explain, how when I was seeking God's voice, how I found out it was not...Taoism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Shinto, Sikhism, Confusionism etc...
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 03:42 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I shared a very good lecture from a neuroscientist that I think did a very good good of addressing many of the issues with religion.

Please understand that I am not here trying to attack religion I only see it as a normal anthropological phenomenon that has been manipulated by some psychopaths to control the minds of others.

Please take the time to watch this if you can. I have watched some of yours in the past.

Please address where he is incorrect. certainly he has to be wrong somewhere being that none of us are perfect.

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 03:50 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I am not sure if you understand how much of a control your environment has on you.
If you where born in a different country that had different beliefs you would probably be speaking a different language and reading from a different religious book.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 03:57 pm
@reasoning logic,
I will do it later, sorry I have to run right now...But I will give you a "very credible" question...that you would probably NEVER think I even dared to ask or say to Jesus....

I had awoken from a violent horiffic experience in Hell, what I take it as being purged for sins, and from God's mouth having a clean slate....I said to God, God, that was truly horiffic, and there is not a SOUL on the world or beyond who would find that pleasing in the least, not even in a mystical way...its utter evil and torment till your released...(if you wish for me to describe some, I will explain one grafic dream for you to visualize) and I awoke and said, God, you told me I am already saved, let ME a faithful servant of you Lord be the LEAST of the LEAST in Heaven, right now till the end of time. so that I know that NO ONE will ever have to endour what I just have, and if I am saved, then I "KNOW" everyone above me will surely be saved as well....

DO you want to know what the Lord said to me Directly for such a question?

Nothing! he didn't have to! as SOON as I was done saying these words, I could hear and feel the Devil, saying in my mind...YEAH RYAN YOU DO THAT! SO THEN YOU SUFFER AND I AM ABOVE YOU FOREVER!!

And then I sought God again, and he simply said, See your Humbling yourself to the point of the lowest of lows was taken in carefully, but NOW you see it is the way I SAY it IS FOR REASONS YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND AT THIS POINT IN YOUR LIFE....and I repented, and praised the Lord....accepting myself as a Prophet and Already saved, because sadly there is one "foolish enough" to fight against God....
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 04:14 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Please do not take this the wrong way but you do have a creative imagination.
I do as well to some degree.
I use to have thoughts like you and I do think it is completely normal to a degree but I also enjoy having some understanding as to why we have these types of thoughts.
RexDraconis111

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 04:37 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I am curious mostly to Atheists as to if Jesus did come in the second comming and said to you. I am Jesus, what will I have to do to prove to you I am the savior and God in the flesh....

What would you ask Jesus to do for you to prove he is the savior??

If Jesus came to me in the second coming and said "I am Jesus" and asked me what I wanted as proof, I would simply ask:

"If you are Jesus Christ, our savior and God in the flesh, then tell me: Why has God allowed the world to fall into the state it is in right now?"

I would expect that if He didn't know the answer, He could take me to God; whom I'm damn sure WOULD know the answer; and the answer would be so far beyond the comprehension of even the brightest human minds in the ENTIRE history of Earth that trying to make sense of it for even a few minutes would drive them completely insane, to the point where they have lost even the most basic of their mental faculties.
voiceindarkness

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 04:06 pm
@RexDraconis111,
RexDraconis111 wrote:

Quote:
I am curious mostly to Atheists as to if Jesus did come in the second comming and said to you. I am Jesus, what will I have to do to prove to you I am the savior and God in the flesh....

What would you ask Jesus to do for you to prove he is the savior??

If Jesus came to me in the second coming and said "I am Jesus" and asked me what I wanted as proof, I would simply ask:

"If you are Jesus Christ, our savior and God in the flesh, then tell me: Why has God allowed the world to fall into the state it is in right now?"

I would expect that if He didn't know the answer, He could take me to God; whom I'm damn sure WOULD know the answer; and the answer would be so far beyond the comprehension of even the brightest human minds in the ENTIRE history of Earth that trying to make sense of it for even a few minutes would drive them completely insane, to the point where they have lost even the most basic of their mental faculties.
"Why has God allowed the world to fall into the state it is in right now?"
God cannot violate the free will of man.
Man has come to their own conclusion of things, their own ending.
Which is just the beginning, of things to come.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 04:16 pm
@voiceindarkness,
Quote:
God cannot violate the free will of man.
Man has come to their own conclusion of things, their own ending.
Which is just the beginning, of things to come.

Did God tell you this or are you speaking in God's name?