Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 04:18 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I am not interested in answering your hypothetical..

That is cool and OK with me but the questions I was referring to were my last questions and they are not hypotheticals.

Here they are again but I will also add why have a Christmas tree?

He pointed out in the bible where it says not to be like the pagans and have decorated trees at the winter solstice like we do for Jesus on his Birthday, he also pointed out that all of the Gods that were worshiped before your God "pagan Gods" were worshiped on Jesus birthday. Wouldn't that be like having Jewish history day on Hitlers Birthday?

Why celebrate Jesus Birthday on the same day that the Pagan Gods were worshiped?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 12:40 am
@reasoning logic,
I am not sure...I believe that Jesus was born on a different day myself...If the Pope said that...Then I agree with him...There is no one day where you would have to give gifts...Or celebrate it as his birthday...Or act holier then you have been all year...You should be who you are everyday....And make everyday count...

If you embrace Jesus....Then one should act like everyday is his birthday....Or act like everyday symbolizes Jesus...they should make everyday count...And understand everyday is just as worthy as another...And everyday is for, and because of Jesus....

I think that Jesus, would think that is much better than devoting, one day a year, for him...
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 02:19 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
There is no one day where you would have to give gifts

Were not the gifts, gifts showing friendship, unity?

Yet, man now has gifts for Valentines Day, Mothers Day, Fathers Day. Man just loves money...........who is the greed.........
izzythepush

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 03:30 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Why celebrate Jesus Birthday on the same day that the Pagan Gods were worshiped?

The simple answer is that the celebrations of the Solstice would go on regardless, so Christianisation was the only real option.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 07:51 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I agree that people love money...Or it has come to greed...It is cool to give gifts to show friendship and unity...

But I think one should look at their friendships as special things...everyday...And appreciate it everyday...And see it for what it is...that their friendship is the ultimate gift...

If you think about it...There is not even a real reason to give gifts...If people did act like everyone was their friend everyday they could....And see their friendships for what they are...And no one would need one special day to exemplifly one special person...Even if that day is special to them....

Because they would already know that everyone thought they were special, every single day....and everyone would do the same to them....

But since it does not work like that....I understand why a special day...Or a gift, is special....to someone...
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 04:31 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The simple answer is that the celebrations of the Solstice would go on regardless, so Christianisation was the only real option.

That may be true but could you imagine if people have celebrated Hitler's Birthday and other serial killers on the winter solstice then the Jews came up with an idea of having Jewish history day on the same day?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 04:34 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
What do you think about having a Christmas tree?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 05:21 pm
@reasoning logic,
If people would like to decorate a tree....It is cool with me...If people felt it had no significance upon the celebration of Jesus' Birthday...And had no effect to ward off the devil or demons...And did not wish to take part...That would be cool with me, also....

But I would like to ask you....If you have children, or if you had them....

Would you celebrate Christmas, and give presents because of Jesus? Or because of "pagan" gods?...Or would you tell them that you are not going to do it, because you have a lack of belief of Gods?

Or how would you tell them what the celebration is for? Or known for...Without brainwashing them into some sort of history of religion?....Or history of lacks?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 05:44 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
If people would like to decorate a tree....It is cool with me...

But what about what the bible says?

Quote:
But I would like to ask you....If you have children, or if you had them....

Would you celebrate Christmas, and give presents because of Jesus? Or because of "pagan" gods?

I think it would be because of the pagan's influence or the sociological currents that they have made.

I see nothing wrong with traditions and having fun but why try too contribute the day to Jesus? If he was real and I can only imagine that there were moral philosophers that healed the minds of those who would listen, I would not think that he or they would want to have any part in the consumer driven ways that it all turned out to be.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 06:07 pm
@reasoning logic,
You did not answer any question I have asked...What would YOU do?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 06:14 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

You did not answer any question I have asked...What would YOU do?

I would follow the pagan social currents because I would not want my children to feel as if they are missing out but I would explain to them how I view it.

I would adjust to social norms because I do have to live in a society regardless of what I think is correct or not but I will bring these questions to the front and center so that others can ponder them.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 06:17 pm
@reasoning logic,
Do you think this could brainwash them into a lack? Just like the history of religions?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 06:26 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Do you think this could brainwash them into a lack? Just like the history of religions?

Some of them yes but not all of them. We do not know if there is a God but we do not believe that it was all them other Gods before this current one and I personally think that this will be the last one for our society.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 06:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
You, once again, deflected my question...My main point was about lacks...

Reread it again...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 06:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
I am not mad at you anymore mate...I realize by the pause...You do not even realize you do it....

We are friends...Just do me a favor...think about what you are saying before you post them sometimes....And think of how "your friends" will take what you are saying....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 07:01 pm
@reasoning logic,
However, I do not want to discuss the..."I found this amazing thread" any longer....
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 07:21 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

yes
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 07:22 pm
@reasoning logic,
I am sorry mate, And I want to be your friend mate...as long as you still want to be mine....Because it did not even dawn on me that you did not understand this...Or need it to be told to you...And I am sorry that I had said those things...But I am glad it happened because it shows you directly how hurtful one can be...When they do not consider someone else's feelings...Or think before they post....

I said what I did because it appeared like you enjoyed laughing at other people....Or do not care about them while you study them...But it now appears that you did not even understand that you do this...Or others would see it this way...Because I jumped the gun...

I just hope we all think more before we post things...

If we can't trust our friends then who can we trust?

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 07:32 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Spades it would be better if you viewed me from your manly man approach but also understand rather than believe "that we both have misunderstandings about one another.

You would not want to know how I believe you to be at times and that is why I stay away from beliefs because I realize that I could be wrong about you, "Being I have no hard evidence to back up my notions about you in any empirical way.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 07:36 pm
@reasoning logic,
Send me a PM telling me exactly what you think I would not want to know about your beliefs of me...because I do want to know...